Recent CS Issues
1409 13 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlennCharles
lvl.2
United States

The last several times I have flown (CS & Mavic Pro) I have suffered two serious issues.  The most major has been the remote and CS disconnecting.  The MP stays connected to the remote, but the monitor is completely useless. I find I have to reboot the monitor or reboot the controller to get things back working.  Second, the video lag on the CS has been horrendous lately.  Lost video, broken video, ...  All firmware and Apps are up to date.  

Two nights ago I was flying over water at dusk when the disconnect happened.  Flying the MP back was a wee bit challenging.  Any suggestions are welcome.

R/
Glenn

2018-3-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lag can be caused by the special camera functions, so turning off focus peaking and over exposure warnings is advisable, these take up too much CPU power.

You could also try the changing the down-link bandwidth in custom

The 10MHz setting will have a more stable long range signal, but only a 720p feed.

The 20 Mhz setting will have higher preview quality but a less stable signal long range with 1080p feed

For the CS disconnect, what mount and cable are you using, I'm using the DJI Mavic mount for the CS and have never had a glitch or disconnect

2018-3-10
Use props
GlennCharles
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-3-10 16:24
Lag can be caused by the special camera functions, so turning off focus peaking and over exposure warnings is advisable, these take up too much CPU power.

You could also try the changing the down-link bandwidth in custom

Thanks for the response.  I am using a high quality USB C cable which had been working fine.  I will try adjusting some settings and Turing off Peaking, although the other night when I had my major issue, i did not have Peaking on.  I will update this thread with my results.  Again, thanks for the feedback.
2018-3-10
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Hi,
do you mean disconnected (due to DjiGo4) or hardware crash (requiring a CS restart) ?
Was the second option for my first CS, I returned it. The second one is ok regarding this issue.

I had also a problem of lag (slow FPS rate, to be correct). Same problem with the second one. All up to date, official mount, tried all configurations possible etc...
Acceptable with DJIGo4 (but my Iphone is x5 faster), not usable with DJIGo and my Inspire pro.
The solution to make it usable was to downgrade the Inspire 1.5 year go and use Litchi instead of DJIGo (thanks Iannes for the tip).

2018-3-11
Use props
GlennCharles
lvl.2
United States

castormalin Posted at 2018-3-11 03:51
Hi,
do you mean disconnected (due to DjiGo4) or hardware crash (requiring a CS restart) ?
Was the second option for my first CS, I returned it. The second one is ok regarding this issue.

The disconnect was in the Go4 app. The RC remained connect and I was able to safely land the MP. That was the first time it had ever happened, but has now occurred 2-3 times since. All OS, App, and FW are up to date.
2018-3-11
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

GlennCharles Posted at 2018-3-11 05:31
The disconnect was in the Go4 app. The RC remained connect and I was able to safely land the MP. That was the first time it had ever happened, but has now occurred 2-3 times since. All OS, App, and FW are up to date.

Hi,
I suggest you to use CS mount instead of USB-C (as Iannes said). Few months ago, many people get issues using USB-C, and I wont use USB-C anymore, even if new firmware seems to have fixed it.
Anyway, CS is very very breakable hardware, and to optimize its life you have to use as less as you can its CPU power. I think using USB-C is not the best data transfert solution for CS.
2018-3-11
Use props
GlennCharles
lvl.2
United States

What is the CS mount? Are you talking about the DJI mount? Isn’t that just a USB-C connection?  Thanks for the help.
2018-3-11
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

GlennCharles Posted at 2018-3-11 13:34
What is the CS mount? Are you talking about the DJI mount? Isn’t that just a USB-C connection?  Thanks for the help.

My mistake, DJI mount is connected to CS with USB-C !
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

GlennCharles Posted at 2018-3-11 13:34

Did your mavic pro lose connection with other mobile devices? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-3-12
Use props
GlennCharles
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-12 22:27
Did your mavic pro lose connection with other mobile devices? Please keep us updated, thanks.

No, only with the Crystal Sky UB
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

GlennCharles Posted at 2018-3-13 05:36
No, only with the Crystal Sky UB

I see. The situation will be forwarded. Do you have any video with this situation? Please provide us for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. The problem will be optimized in the next firmware. Please keep us updated, if you find any other problem with CS. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-14
Use props
Josemilla
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185728 ft
Spain

Did the message appear in the CS "Aircraft Disconnected"? It has happened to me twice in the last flights. I will use an iPhone 7 Plus, stable as a rock.  I'm thinking of selling my CS, I've been disappointed enough.
2018-3-15
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also getting disconnects/stutters, I have the CS Ultrabright and P4Pro. I've made sure that only DJI go4 is running. It happens mid flight and I have to restart the CS to get it to work more smoothly.
It seems like the CS is underpowered or something?
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules