Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi for DJI
15440 77 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GQjT0XrjWTzl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49633 ft

United Kingdom

You know what is a real Pity, Litchi Dont LOG your flight HOURS to DJI database coz my distance is many miles more than it Says below my ID its a DARN DANG DAMN PITY they are so ...TY '-'
2019-5-19
Use props
djiuser_GQjT0XrjWTzl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49633 ft

United Kingdom

WHEN WILL WE GET "ULTRAWIDE" OPTIONS it needs to be soon or atrophy DJI its an Easy Fix with Existing Software and Camera potentiality... PLEAS CONSIDER THIS SERIOUSLY so easy ACHIEVE as previously Said, I Deserve a Free done for this GREAT IDEA huh?
2019-5-19
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

there's nothing wrong with litchi. litchi is a fantastic and powerful app.
why troll? maybe because you never got your p3 repaired or a free one after crashing it into the water.

2019-5-19
Use props
Jimmy W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75020 ft
United States

Hello.  I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and am interested in the Litchi app.  
Two questions basically.
1) It works well with the Mavic Pro?  Bugs?
2) How many devices can I use this app with?
     I have a Galaxy S9+ and a Galaxy 10# Tab A
     And a PC Laptop.  

Will it cost me $25 per device?  Or can I use either of them by logging in.
2019-6-15
Use props
Jimmy W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75020 ft
United States

Hello.  I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and am interested in the Litchi app.  
Two questions basically.
1) It works well with the MPP?
2) How many devices can I use this app with?
     I have a Galaxy S9+ and a Galaxy 10# Tab A
     And a PC Laptop.  

Will it cost me $25 per device?  Or can I use either of them by logging in.
2019-6-15
Use props
Keith Tweedie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 642477 ft
Canada

I have used the Litchi App a couple of dozen times and found it to be reliable with the exception that when it reaches its last waypoint it doesn’t always return to home, instead it chooses to land , and I manually have to fly it to to home, never take your eyes off it when landing
2019-8-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Keith Tweedie Posted at 8-6 08:21
I have used the Litchi App a couple of dozen times and found it to be reliable with the exception that when it reaches its last waypoint it doesn’t always return to home, instead it chooses to land , and I manually have to fly it to to home, never take your eyes off it when landing

Sorry but Litchi has nothing to do with when the AC "chooses to land."  The AC does not choose anything.  It follows the commands that were given to it when the mission was uploaded to the AC.  If the AC is landing, you must have ordered it to land within the Litchi mission parameters.  Or it went into critical low battery auto-land.  

Litchi missions are not something to take lightly.  You must make every waypoint very carefully.  You must check all parameters very carefully.  You must take your time and make extra double sure that everything is perfect.  What about trees?  Buildings?  What about ground elevation changes?  Is it going to be windy?  Will you have enough battery for the length of flight?  Don't trust the time allowance stated.  Allow some extra time within the mission to finish the mission and to take control and land as necessary.  Be sure that the last waypoint is easily visible from your vantage point so that you will see it when the mission is over.  When you're sure everything is absolutely perfect and there are no mistakes, check everything at least one more time.  Only then should you consider running your mission.

I like to plan my missions from my desktop.  That way I can take my time without worrying about the flight battery, app crashes, sunlight blinding the screen, poison ivy, sting weed, leeches, yellow jackets, fire ants, deer ticks, venemous spiders, snake bites, and rabid raccoons.  Plan very carefully in a relaxed manner.  When done, save the mission.  Then download to your mobile device app or to your desktop and then to your mobile device.  Finally, go outside.  Start everything up again.   Upload the mission from the mobile device to the AC.  Launch.  

Or you can launch manually and then start the mission.  

Good luck

2019-8-6
Use props
Dave67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

ghost_ATX Posted at 2018-3-10 22:47
I use it and I like the option to plan my missions on my computer, then go fly them. Also, it's nice to have a 'backup' app to fly your drone when the DJI firmware gets wonky. If you have issues with DJI GO, you can switch to Litchi and fly. The waypoints on Litchi are so much better than DJI's firmware. You can plan the altitude, speed, pitch, focus point, curve and so much more on each waypoint on Litchi, especially if you plot them out on your computer first then upload the 'mission' once you get to your destination. Then you just fly the mission and the software takes over. Also, the folks that complain about paying that much for an app after the amount of money they spent on their drone - I just don't get it. It's nothing compared to the cost of the drone. Another good app is AutoPilot but it is not as user friendly as Litchi. I've never had a problem with Litchi and I've used it for 3 years - Phantom and Mavic.

How do I connect my digital elevation map to the mission hub?
2019-9-2
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft

have to pay twice?

You need a good phone quite powerful, but I have had this app for a while seems OK, but, have not used it in about 10 months and after paying for lifetime purchase, It's now saying I have to pay to using it, so what gone wrong here I ask! WHAT!
2019-9-15
Use props
fans6d4bfd0f
lvl.1

United States

I don't think Litchi works with DJI drones anymore.  I have not been able to fly a mission for weeks.  I keep getting: invalid shoot photo.  The mission will not load and the drone will not take off.  I think DJI may have disabled the use of third party apps.  
2019-11-2
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

fans6d4bfd0f Posted at 11-2 09:55
I don't think Litchi works with DJI drones anymore.  I have not been able to fly a mission for weeks.  I keep getting: invalid shoot photo.  The mission will not load and the drone will not take off.  I think DJI may have disabled the use of third party apps.

It works fine, I just used litchi about 20min ago with my P4P and my Inspire 2.

I don't use go4 anymore, just Litchi now.

2019-11-2
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Dumbthumbs Posted at 2018-11-21 10:27
Actually, I'm getting the new tablet to run Litchi.

I bought a Galaxy Tab S2 just for flying my P4 back in 2016, as it had  the brightest screen available and was recommended for the GO app.  About a year later I was getting app disconnects with the GO app in the middle of flights, first time it happened the P4 was about 1km away out of sight so it was quite disconcerting.  I had installed Litchi on the S2 but had not tried it yet, and then switched to an iPad mini after DJI stopped supporting the Samsung for the GO app.

Then recently I decided to finally try Litchi on the Samsung with my old P4, having bought a P4A as well. I removed the GO app from it, then tried a couple of short test flights with Litchi as well as some flying in FPV mode and it worked great.  I thought I had gotten a 2nd life for my S2 tablet.  Started doing some more longer missions with it and all was good.

Then the last time I used it, got a disconnect while on a mission, and had to wait until the P4 came back before I took control of it again, with no app. I tried restarting the litchi app a couple of times and it would not start up, or it would start up but not connect. I have pretty well used the S2 tablet for nothing else other than putting GO app and Litchi on it.

I may remove and reinstall Litchi, after doing a complete reset on the S2 and see what happens, but I'l having a hard time trusting it right now.  I may end up just getting another iPad mini as a second tablet for times I want to fly more than one bird at a time.
2019-11-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

cameracollector Posted at 11-7 12:22
I bought a Galaxy Tab S2 just for flying my P4 back in 2016, as it had  the brightest screen available and was recommended for the GO app.  About a year later I was getting app disconnects with the GO app in the middle of flights, first time it happened the P4 was about 1km away out of sight so it was quite disconcerting.  I had installed Litchi on the S2 but had not tried it yet, and then switched to an iPad mini after DJI stopped supporting the Samsung for the GO app.

Then recently I decided to finally try Litchi on the Samsung with my old P4, having bought a P4A as well. I removed the GO app from it, then tried a couple of short test flights with Litchi as well as some flying in FPV mode and it worked great.  I thought I had gotten a 2nd life for my S2 tablet.  Started doing some more longer missions with it and all was good.

" I had installed Litchi on the S2 but had not tried it yet, and then switched to an iPad mini after DJI stopped supporting the Samsung for the GO app."

DJI have not stopped supporting Samsung, in fact they never supported them in the first place. DJI simply make an application designed to work within the Android platform framework. The trouble is the various phone manufacturers tinker with the Android system in order to make their products work better for their own purposes, and sometimes this causes them to stop working with the DJI apps. DJI cannot 'make' them work, it is the responsibility of the phone manufacturer.
2019-11-7
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-7 12:55
" I had installed Litchi on the S2 but had not tried it yet, and then switched to an iPad mini after DJI stopped supporting the Samsung for the GO app."

DJI have not stopped supporting Samsung, in fact they never supported them in the first place. DJI simply make an application designed to work within the Android platform framework. The trouble is the various phone manufacturers tinker with the Android system in order to make their products work better for their own purposes, and sometimes this causes them to stop working with the DJI apps. DJI cannot 'make' them work, it is the responsibility of the phone manufacturer.

Supporting was a poor choice of words. When I bought my first Phantom 4 the Samsung S2 10" tablet was on the "approved" list of devices to run the GO app on. About a year (or so) later it wasn't.

I do remember with one of the GO4 app upgrades a message popping up warning that the app may not be compatible with the device any more. That's when I went and bought the iPad mini 4.

So, it's been my experience that ios devices are more reliable (for the GO app) than Android devices.
2019-11-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

cameracollector Posted at 11-7 15:49
Supporting was a poor choice of words. When I bought my first Phantom 4 the Samsung S2 10" tablet was on the "approved" list of devices to run the GO app on. About a year (or so) later it wasn't.

I do remember with one of the GO4 app upgrades a message popping up warning that the app may not be compatible with the device any more. That's when I went and bought the iPad mini 4.

I would agree with that because there is only one manufacturer building devices with an iOS operating system, so it is much easier to design for.
2019-11-7
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

I used Litchi with a Spark and was initially very impressed with the ability to use waypoints. I ran a few small missions with the drone in sight and everything did as it was supposed to. I then planned a longer mission but the drone lost signal and RTH. There is an option in Litchi that allows for the drone to continue with a waypoint mission when signal is lost, i.e. it will run the mission and then RTH if this is what you have selected to occur at the end of the mission. I tested this on a short in sight mission by launching the drone and then turning off the Remote Controller. The Spark performed the mission flawlessly and RTH at the end, even with the Controller turned off. OK, so I sent it on a longer mission, well within the drones capabilities but I knew that signal loss would occur, the drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work. My advice is be very cautious when using third party apps like Litchi, advice that is frequently given out by the DJI moderators in this forum.
2019-12-13
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

Be very cautious if you let your drone go out of sight.
2019-12-13
Use props
Daniel Whisler
New

United States

Litchi For DJI is fantastic. I use it for waypoint missions with my Mavic Air. Team this up with VLM, “Virtual Litchi Mission”, and 3-D Google Earth, both free downloads, and you have a fantastic package for creating and then simulating your mission using 3-D Google earth on your PC. This will let you fly your mission on your computer and then fine-tune your Litchi missions and see what your videos will look like before you go to the field and fly.  Very easy to use.  
2019-12-23
Use props
fans5abfdb62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31526 ft

United States

Litchi is fantastic for waypoint missions.  Team this up with VLM, Virtual Litchi Mission, a free download. This will let you actually fly your mission on your computer using Google 3-D earth and see what your finished video content will look like. This will let you fine tune your mission on your PC before you go to the field to fly.
2019-12-23
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

yes I use it all the time, specifically to fly with VR goggles I use adapted Samsung Oculus ones £30 on ebay and drilled a hole to adapt cable. Theres nothing that compares to flying VR and its strange many people dont mention it of even know!
2020-4-3
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

Its a shame it doesn't work with the mavic mini, Im searching of a way to fly VR with goggles be much better, you see when we fly its generally sunny and bright and much easier to see the screen in the goggles, you can swayp over to normal view for all the settings, even disconnect plug in again and its connected fine...
2020-4-3
Use props
dcruze
lvl.1
United States

I just loaded the Litchi App for Mavic Air. I don't know if I am posting in the right place, but if not I am sure someone will tell me where to go.

I have the Litchi App running and connected in GPS mode, but I cannot start the rotors.
Is there some place that I have to tell Litchi which drone I am flying or is there a different command other than both stick down and to the center?
Thanks.
2020-4-6
Use props
dcruze
lvl.1
United States

I just loaded the Litchi App for Mavic Air. I don't know if I am posting in the right place, but if not I am sure someone will tell me where to go.

I have the Litchi App running and connected in GPS mode, but I cannot start the rotors.
Is there some place that I have to tell Litchi which drone I am flying or is there a different command other than both stick down and to the center?
Thanks.
2020-4-7
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-11 10:02
If you want to take your drone experience to the next level then by all means get Litchi.  The Waypoint feature is fantastic!  It's easy to learn, you can create missions on your computer or device, & you can achieve results that are impossible with manual flight.  Highly recommended.

https://youtu.be/0Fl0e91hAi4

absolutely stunning videos and the music really does keep you intrested all the way through ! great job

May i ask where is the music from?

2020-4-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-7 13:45
Thanks!  The audio tracks are songs selected from my personal audio library.   Track titles are usually listed in the end credits or the video description.  As long as you don't monetize your video, YouTube generally allows you to use copyrighted audio in your videos.  There are exceptions but I've only come across a few songs that are restricted.  YouTube offers a copyright checker so you can check in advance.

DB!  WB.  Youtube has changed quite a bit.  They started changing things last summer.  They decided the original music artists aren't going to get paid anymore from YT vids, and instead that money will go to the creator of the vid.  So the original artists pretty much as a whole have given YT the middle finger and the vast majority of them don't allow their music into anybody's vid anymore.  You really have to hunt to find a track that's allowed.  It takes a ridiculous amount of time to find a track that's allowed.  In addition, YT's music policy page which you can use to search for a copyright problem before you put a track in your vid only works about half the time now - probably because of bandwidth problems.  And finally, YT has just recently announced they are shutting that YT music policy page down completely very soon, which means it'll be hit and miss with our favorite tracks.  This means you have no idea if the music you're using is allowed until you create the vid and upload the vid to YT and then they block it.  I am not happy with any of this.  There is one loophole though.  If you can find somebody on YT who does a cover of the song you want to use (and it sounds good enough), you can jack that track off YT and use it in your vid.  
2020-4-7
Use props
userfaa0fe96ca
New
Flight distance : 389354 ft
France

Hello with Litchi can the Drone go outside of the remote's range? If I program Way points around a building where I know there's no signal, will the drone continue its mission or will it attempt to RTH when it disconnects?
Many thanks
2020-4-11
Use props
fansaf57a7a8
lvl.1

Switzerland

#QuicI am very happy with Litchi app and the Mavic Pro. Now I bought the Mavic Enterprise Dual for research before it is cut down by farmers. Unfortunately, the Dji Pilot app is the only one to fly with the drone, but it really does not perform at all. I ask Litchi if they think to make their application compatible with the Mavic Enterprise Dual? and when ? Thank you for your replyk Reply Here#
2020-5-22
Use props
fansaf57a7a8
lvl.1

Switzerland

I am very happy with the Litchi app and the Mavic Pro. Now I bought the Mavic Enterprise Dual to research fawns before it was slaughtered by farmers. Unfortunately, the Dji Pilot app is the only one that can fly with the drone, but it really doesn't work at all. I ask Litchi if they plan to make their application compatible with the Mavic Enterprise Dual? and when ? Thank you for your reply. Answer here #
2020-5-22
Use props
fansaf57a7a8
lvl.1

Switzerland

I am looking to transfer waipoints with real altitude from the Litchi terrain to DJI Pilot. can someone inform me? thank you in advance
2020-5-22
Use props
fansaf57a7a8
lvl.1

Switzerland

#Quick Reply Here#Je suis très content de l'application Litchi et du Mavic Pro. Maintenant, j'ai acheté le Mavic Enterprise Dual pour rechercher des faons avant qu'il ne soit abattu par des agriculteurs. Malheureusement, l'application Dji Pilot est la seule à pouvoir voler avec le drone, mais elle ne fonctionne vraiment pas du tout. Je demande à Litchi s'ils prévoient de rendre leur application compatible avec le Mavic Enterprise Dual? et quand ? Merci pour votre réponse. Répondez ici #
2020-5-26
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

what is the prerequisite for litchi to run on an Android tablet?   will litchi run on this tablet? link below also the tablet is 1000 nit ...so i can see the tablet in bright sunlight?
do you think the DJI GO 4   will run on this tablet.  ?     does Litchi support the go home function when the signal is lost.https://www.xenarcdirect.com/RT7 ... L_pBN4aAnK1EALw_wcB

one feature i like w/ the DJI Go is the picture in picture map w/ the home point that is in the corner when flying first person. Sometimes when i fly out of sight i get confused when flying back and i can tap the map and the map is the main display and the FP becomes the PIP and then fly back to my home point using the map. Part of this is i am using my samsung S8+ phone and also the sunlight. I mostly stand in the shade. I think people think i am hiding and up to something....ha ha ha.

oh yeah  one more question  . i have a spark  if i get the above tablet.....what should i get to mount it to the controller?   thanks
2020-7-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

fansaf57a7a8 Posted at 5-26 00:38
#Quick Reply Here#Je suis très content de l'application Litchi et du Mavic Pro. Maintenant, j'ai acheté le Mavic Enterprise Dual pour rechercher des faons avant qu'il ne soit abattu par des agriculteurs. Malheureusement, l'application Dji Pilot est la seule à pouvoir voler avec le drone, mais elle ne fonctionne vraiment pas du tout. Je demande à Litchi s'ils prévoient de rendre leur application compatible avec le Mavic Enterprise Dual? et quand ? Merci pour votre réponse. Répondez ici #

Bonjour. J'utilise LITCHI avec mon Mavic 2 Zoom sans aucune problème.  Sur leur site web, ils disent que le soft fonctionne avec le ZOOM et le PRO (Hasselblad) mais jusqu'à présent aucune allusion au version ENTERPRISE hélas.  Cordialement.
2020-7-4
Use props
Italian Droneman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519219 ft
United States

It's the best but if your buying new mavic AAir 2 you can't use it till DJI creates SDK file for it which might be a while off
2020-7-18
Use props
liquidsteel
lvl.1
United States

Security analysts reverse-engineered a Chinese-made DJI drone app and found the ability to spy on users https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/07/24/security-analysts-reverse-engineered-chinese-made-dji-drone-app-found-ability-spy-users/  DJI Android GO 4 application security analysis https://www.synacktiv.com/en/publications/dji-android-go-4-application-security-analysis.html
2020-7-25
Use props
ptuner11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1824 ft
United States

my litchi works fine on my s20 but i cant' transfer the app to my older s7 without paying 24$.. The S7 doesn't have the cell phone card in it anymore but can access the internet thru my WiFi. I'm using same google account. on same android platform. ?? please help thank you.
2020-11-22
Use props
BaddogTwo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2783189 ft
United States

Been using Litchi for Mapping and commercial real estate for about 3-4 months.  I used to just fly these missions manually but Litchi has awesome waypoint management and once you get over the initial hump of figuring out the interface it is very slick..
2021-1-9
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

amazing; give it a try     www.jpl66.com  my company
2021-1-16
Use props
fans2277ea85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42008 ft
Spain

Que tal funciona Lichi para el uso de gafas vr 360.
2021-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules