12Next >
15450 77 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm thinking about getting Litchi for DJI. I would like to hear from anyone who uses it. Thank you for your opinion.

2018-3-10
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

I use it and I like the option to plan my missions on my computer, then go fly them. Also, it's nice to have a 'backup' app to fly your drone when the DJI firmware gets wonky. If you have issues with DJI GO, you can switch to Litchi and fly. The waypoints on Litchi are so much better than DJI's firmware. You can plan the altitude, speed, pitch, focus point, curve and so much more on each waypoint on Litchi, especially if you plot them out on your computer first then upload the 'mission' once you get to your destination. Then you just fly the mission and the software takes over. Also, the folks that complain about paying that much for an app after the amount of money they spent on their drone - I just don't get it. It's nothing compared to the cost of the drone. Another good app is AutoPilot but it is not as user friendly as Litchi. I've never had a problem with Litchi and I've used it for 3 years - Phantom and Mavic.
2018-3-10
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha SG,

Ghost is pretty much right on about Litchi.  The only caveat I would note is that altitude can be a problem if you do not keep track of it.  Be sure to review each waypoint altitude setting before any flight.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-11
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Litchi is fantastic for waypoint missions - I just wish it could be installed on the Crystal sky monitor series
2018-3-11
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have used litchi app exclusively for several years and it works great, the only time I use dji go is for certain setting calibrations and adjustments. Waypoint mission is far superior to DJI’s failed attempt at it..very simple to use. Last week I tapped in a waypoint mission, only took a couple of minutes and clicked take- off, 15 minutes later the p4 came back and landed in the exact same spot that it took off from. I was working on a project on my porch at the time a forgot the p4 was on a mission and was startled when I heard it land...
2018-3-11
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much for your helpful insight. I'm going to get it.
2018-3-11
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Safety Guy Posted at 2018-3-11 08:36
Thank you very much for your helpful insight. I'm going to get it.

There's a Litchi FaceBook page you might want to visit. Lots of YouTube videos as well. I use Litchi most of ther time, it's great!
2018-3-11
Use props
Chipke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Yesterday, I tested Litchi on CrystalSky with Mavic and Iam very satisfied. Mission planing is good, RTH works fine, no issues. I tested GO4 and Litchi and on Litchi, there is good map. But Iam not satisfied with GO4 and remove offline maps from version 4.1.18 to now. I resolve it by personal hotspot on field and this works fine too.
2018-3-11
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-11 10:02
If you want to take your drone experience to the next level then by all means get Litchi.  The Waypoint feature is fantastic!  It's easy to learn, you can create missions on your computer or device, & you can achieve results that are impossible with manual flight.  Highly recommended.

https://youtu.be/0Fl0e91hAi4

Thanks Captin.
2018-3-11
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

If you want to take your drone experience to the next level then by all means get Litchi.  The Waypoint feature is fantastic!  It's easy to learn, you can create missions on your computer or device, & you can achieve results that are impossible with manual flight.  Highly recommended.

Spelling? Thanks Captain
2018-3-11
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Are you using Active Track on the Follow The LeaDER VIDEO?
2018-3-11
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-11 11:01
No.  A drone is too small to make a reliable follow target. The birds are flying independent Litchi missions.  They are completely unaware of each other & just following the program.  Gives you an idea of how accurate a waypoint mission can be.

That's really cool. The videos are great. i can't wait to make one of my own.
2018-3-11
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, I'm convinced. I just purchased it. Now comes the hard part. Figuring out how to use it to make waypoints. Dear Lord, please help my diseased ancient mind to absorb... something... anything...

Jeff
2018-3-11
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-3-11 11:44
OK, I'm convinced. I just purchased it. Now comes the hard part. Figuring out how to use it to make waypoints. Dear Lord, please help my diseased ancient mind to absorb... something... anything...

Jeff

Do yourself a favor and go to FlyLitchi.com and join the "free" Phantom film-school and watch the free videos. I found these very helpful to learning how to use the Litchi app.
2018-3-11
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-3-11 12:01
Do yourself a favor and go to FlyLitchi.com and join the "free" Phantom film-school and watch the free videos. I found these very helpful to learning how to use the Litchi app.

Thank you, I did do that and have now watched two of the videos. I hope there’s some detailed instructions for mapping waypoint missions...

Jeff
2018-3-11
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-3-11 15:25
Thank you, I did do that and have now watched two of the videos. I hope there’s some detailed instructions for mapping waypoint missions...

Jeff

I guess I'm not sure what you mean about mapping the waypoints? You can do it on your computer obviously or directly in the app.
2018-3-12
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-3-11 15:25

Jeff

All the instructions are here: Litchi Help Page

I use a computer as well to set up the waypoints. It's like a Google Maps view on the web page. Just click on the map where you want waypoints.
2018-3-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Steve Slechta Posted at 2018-3-12 10:17
All the instructions are here: Litchi Help Page

I use a computer as well to set up the waypoints. It's like a Google Maps view on the web page. Just click on the map where you want waypoints.

Thank you. I'll look at that as soon as I get home from work today.

Jeff
2018-3-12
Use props
fans605c519f
lvl.2
United States

That is more than the next level for me!

Putting together this and the previous thread on Litchi, as well as the word "autonomous," it sounds as though the AC does not have to be within range of the RC to complete it's mission. Is that right?
2018-3-13
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

fans605c519f Posted at 2018-3-13 12:23
That is more than the next level for me!

Putting together this and the previous thread on Litchi, as well as the word "autonomous," it sounds as though the AC does not have to be within range of the RC to complete it's mission. Is that right?

That is absolutely correct! That is the whole point. When you load the mission to your Phantom, and it takes off, it will run the entire mission even if you lose you signal. a few exceptions to this are if you send it out to where it will run out of battery/power, or for some reason it would lose GPS..........can't imagine why this would happen though.  But yes it will run every waypoint.
2018-3-13
Use props
James Dow
lvl.2

United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-3-13 15:16
That is absolutely correct! That is the whole point. When you load the mission to your Phantom, and it takes off, it will run the entire mission even if you lose you signal. a few exceptions to this are if you send it out to where it will run out of battery/power, or for some reason it would lose GPS..........can't imagine why this would happen though.  But yes it will run every waypoint.

Litchi waypoints looks like the right way to go. I’d like to load my gently curved, convergent, non-traditional (non-linear/non-parallel) waypoint flight path into Litchi to mitigate the SfM doming effect error. I wonder if I could do that?
2018-9-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

James Dow Posted at 2018-9-16 15:16
Litchi waypoints looks like the right way to go. I’d like to load my gently curved, convergent, non-traditional (non-linear/non-parallel) waypoint flight path into Litchi to mitigate the SfM doming effect error. I wonder if I could do that?

Probably, but you will need extra string and whalebones.
2018-9-16
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

RE: Litchi for DJI

If you want to take your drone experience to the next level then by all means get Litchi.  The Waypoint feature is fantastic!  It's easy to learn, you can create missions on your computer or device, & you can achieve results that are impossible with manual flight.  Highly recommended.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "achieve results that are impossible with manual flight?"?

2018-9-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I get problems in Litchi in Phantom 3 SE ( i know ...SDK ) and Mavic Pro ( near to Crash)
2018-9-16
Use props
delta sierra
New
United States

I just loaded Litchi for IOS (IPAD Mini 4) for use with a Mavic Pro. The waypoint and orbit functions are very cool. My only problem is I cannot, ever regardless of mode,  see through the camera. Presumably this is a bug due to the latest Mavic Pro firmware or the latest Litchi software, but it is very frustrating none the less.  If anyone has a suggestion of how I might get Litchi to recognize and display camera footage I would appreciate it.
2018-10-15
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Chipke Posted at 2018-3-11 09:34
Yesterday, I tested Litchi on CrystalSky with Mavic and Iam very satisfied. Mission planing is good, RTH works fine, no issues. I tested GO4 and Litchi and on Litchi, there is good map. But Iam not satisfied with GO4 and remove offline maps from version 4.1.18 to now. I resolve it by personal hotspot on field and this works fine too.

Has anyone tried Litchi on a P4P with
CrystalSky? I need too know if it works before purchase.
2018-10-15
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never fly without it.
2018-10-15
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

Brian, are you saying post #4 is false?
2018-10-16
Use props
Latanzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839885 ft
Australia

1Eagle Posted at 2018-10-15 13:11
Has anyone tried Litchi on a P4P with

Howdy 1Eagle,
I run Litchi on my P4P+ and runs really well.
Not so sure if there are other avenues but you need to download from Amazon App store to make it run on the dedicated screen.
Once installed you will most likely need to run a cable from your USB to mini USB so you can overide the DJI GO software. A message will pop up saying do you want to use Litchi all the time or just once. I choose just once as am ever hopeful that new apps will work one day.
I think I've just about got Pix4d going on it as well. I can connect to My P4P but one stumbling block to go before take off.
2018-10-16
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

Latanzi Posted at 2018-10-16 19:59
Howdy 1Eagle,
I run Litchi on my P4P+ and runs really well.
Not so sure if there are other avenues but you need to download from Amazon App store to make it run on the dedicated screen.

Thanks for the feedback Latanzi. We are just getting started with Pix4d as well. I will probably be picking your brain later about that.
2018-10-17
Use props
Chipke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

1Eagle Posted at 2018-10-15 13:11
Has anyone tried Litchi on a P4P with

Works, download from Amazon store and works fine. Fly it with P4P, Mavic Pro and now with Mavic 2 Pro too.
2018-10-18
Use props
Phantom Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281371 ft
Germany

As everyone says Litchi is just a great APP to plan your flights and fly your Drone. I use it also but if you have an iPhone or an Ipad i would try Groud Station Pro from DJI...it is only for IOS users and it is free.
2018-10-19
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-11 10:02

Currently, I am not a Litchi user; but I'm convinced I should be -especially since the advent of the virtual mission preview capability - after the bugs I've read about are fixed.

Does Litchi still limit you to 99 waypoints?  I'm flying curved flight lines (waypoints) using manned aircraft in order to a) get a more diverse view perspective and b) to mitigate the SfM dominng (elevation) error.

For a validation of curved, convergent, non-traditional (non-linear/non-parallel) flight lines, consider the following independent research.

Minimising systematic error surfaces in digital elevation models using oblique convergent imagery
Rene Wackrow

Jim H. Chandler
First published: 16 March 2011

https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1477-9730.2011.00623.x

Results of the simulation process, the laboratory test and the practical test are reported in this paper and demonstrate that an oblique convergent image configuration eradicates the systematic error surfaces which result from inaccurate lens distortion parameters. This approach is significant because by removing the need for an accurate lens model it effectively improves the accuracies of digital surface representations derived using consumer‐grade digital cameras. Carefully selected image configurations could therefore provide new opportunities for improving the quality of photogrammetrically acquired data.

For a visual comparison of curved vs traditional (linear/parallel) flight lines, consider the following images.

2018-11-4
Use props
BLADE4PRO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 602825 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-11 10:02

Hey Captain Dirty.

When using the Waypoints.  I notice when my P4P and P4A get to the first waypoint...  It is not a smooth affair at all!  Any tricks for that?  Once on the mission, it seems smooth as silk.  Just that first waypoint hit seems....  like ouch!  
2018-11-20
Use props
Kevin Halle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like it for the simple fact is that I can plan my waypoint flights before ever heading out to where I'm going to fly. That is about all I use it for though.
2018-11-20
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

Okay, I'm convinced as well. I just ordered a galaxy Tab S2 64G. Two reasons: The tablet comes recommended and its screen is large enough for my old eyes to see. I like the idea of autonomous planned missions and waypoint-specific gimbal settings. Looks like a pretty powerful program. Not sure I'll sign up for the school.
Q: Once I purchase, can I download it to more than one device? Would be nice to have a backup.
2018-11-21
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Dumbthumbs Posted at 11-21 06:02
Okay, I'm convinced as well. I just ordered a galaxy Tab S2 64G. Two reasons: The tablet comes recommended and its screen is large enough for my old eyes to see. I like the idea of autonomous planned missions and waypoint-specific gimbal settings. Looks like a pretty powerful program. Not sure I'll sign up for the school.
Q: Once I purchase, can I download it to more than one device? Would be nice to have a backup.

When you get your Galaxy Tab S2  tablet, you may find that it has a bit of a quirk with connecting? First  power on your RC remote control, then power on your aircraft, then  power on the tablet, then the DJI GO app.

2018-11-21
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

Air/America Posted at 11-21 08:37
When you get your Galaxy Tab S2  tablet, you may find that it has a bit of a quirk with connecting? First  power on your RC remote control, then power on your aircraft, then  power on the tablet, then the DJI GO app.

Actually, I'm getting the new tablet to run Litchi.
2018-11-21
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10853 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi does not work on Mavic 2 Enterprise wrt Intelligent Flight modes. This needs to be fixed soon, I hope.
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_GQjT0XrjWTzl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49633 ft

United Kingdom

Litchi can be a Bit Glitch'y, I have some serious issues with it, though had some great days out, on my tablet it has Different Values I.E. ALTITUDE, on my S5 it has completely different ALTITUDES it makes me WORRY... Duh wouldn't You, I was not paid to put you off it, but I get more nervous the more I use it...  
2019-5-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules