FollowUp Bald Eagles video: Phone call from Fish and Wildlife Agency
2363 44 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TsukoYomi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23422 ft
Philippines

lucky you.. they just want you to take the vid down with some apology and no ticket.. it's just sad that the area will be develop though.
2018-3-19
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Just saw the update video.  Just FYI, if he is a game warden or possum cop as they are known here, he has no right to privacy as he is a public servant.  He contacted you in an official capacity, although he seemed to  not want to be official when you talked about posting this, so he has no expectation of privacy.  If he's scared of people knowing who he is, he's in the wrong line of work.  I didn't see your bird footage, so I don't know if you harassed them or not, but that is what it comes down to.  The airborne hunting act is clear that you cannot harass them from the air, so I don't know what you disagree with there.  The only question is did you disturb them?  Disturb doesn't simply mean they noticed you.
2018-4-7
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Madwand Posted at 2018-4-7 15:19
Just saw the update video.  Just FYI, if he is a game warden or possum cop as they are known here, he has no right to privacy as he is a public servant.  He contacted you in an official capacity, although he seemed to  not want to be official when you talked about posting this, so he has no expectation of privacy.  If he's scared of people knowing who he is, he's in the wrong line of work.  I didn't see your bird footage, so I don't know if you harassed them or not, but that is what it comes down to.  The airborne hunting act is clear that you cannot harass them from the air, so I don't know what you disagree with there.  The only question is did you disturb them?  Disturb doesn't simply mean they noticed you.

I have no hard feelings about it. He was doing his job and was very professional. And I learned a lot from this encounter. Just thought I would pass on the info that I gained.
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 2018-3-15 12:07
Update on this Video:
I contacted the local DNR and State DNR, and neither got back to me. Then yesterday I got a message from the Fish and Wildlife Serivce out of St Paul. I thanked them for getting back to me and they didn't know anything about my emails. The video was reported to them and they reviewed it and decided to contact me. They want the video removed because they said "It appears to harrass the eagles". I made my case that the Spark is very small and that would be like a cat harrassing a lion but he said that because the eagles moved when they saw it then counted as "disturbing" them. I agreed that the video would be taken down by the end of the week and I'll put up a follow up video of the laws they cited. The claim they made is very subjective. It does not list safe distances you can view or shoot video. I'll make a follow up video explaining this whole thing. Thanks

Thanks for the update!
2018-4-8
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft

Bing Err Posted at 2018-4-7 18:33
I have no hard feelings about it. He was doing his job and was very professional. And I learned a lot from this encounter. Just thought I would pass on the info that I gained.

Yes, it is good to know that you are under threat of felonies and massive fines if you harass a bird based on an arbitrary interpretation of harassment. Pretty scary.
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules