1291 12 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I was planning to share my experience with the setup of a handy travel bag for my Mavic pro and all needed accessories, but never found time until today
So some fore words -
- I travel a lot to fly, by car, by foot or bike - so I need handi small backpack   
- I do several flights during the day unpacking, packing, moving and again - so I need very fast preflight preparation/unpacking

So this is my bag - standard laptop backpack  
Mavic is folded in a special semi-hard case with zipper
RC is stored With iPad mini 4 ready to fly with only bracket protecting joysticks!
3 spare batteries are in special bags (I do not believe they can catch fire - but bags protect contacts from dusting )
My favorite foldable umbrella for shade to be able to see iPad when there No natural shade available - very rarely used but good to have
Landing pad - for takeoff in grassy, dusty, snowy places (landing is always hand catch!)
Set of ND filters
A lot of spare propellers ( I removed some of them today, as only once I neede some)
I find a Very useful combined protector for the gimble and camera (faster to remove and put) and carry a spare   
Battery bank
Car charger - Very handi on long trips!
360-degree camera - never used it till now ;)
Many cables if iPad fails to be able to replace it on hook with any phone
Spare glasses without photo solar in order to see better iPad in the strong sun
After strong wind spoils my travel on a beautiful peak I both anemometer - never used it thou
Original micro SD (I use Samsung 64GB) with adaptor to be able to transfer clips from miceoSD to PC!
etc. etc.

image0002.jpg
image0003.jpg
image0004.jpg
image0005.jpg
image0006.jpg
image0001.jpg
2018-3-11
Use props
rikk08
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Cool post, I always like to see different way people carry their equipment as I've got at least 3 backpacks and the flymore bag but I still don't have a specific one that I use all the time.
2018-3-11
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great post, always handy to see how folks carry kit about from location to location. Just need to find a 100% waterproof bag and I will be happy.
2018-3-11
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Leave the landing pad home, and hand catch/launch your quad, and save some space....
2018-3-11
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

ro_flyer Posted at 2018-3-11 04:58
Leave the landing pad home, and hand catch/launch your quad, and save some space....

No, I hand launched it several times - Very uncomfortable and potentially dangerous operation when done it by me
And I have some room to spare in the bag yet
2018-3-11
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-11 03:12
Great post, always handy to see how folks carry kit about from location to location. Just need to find a 100% waterproof bag and I will be happy.

There several Photo models with good rain protection - but waterproof is a long shot - wish You success.
2018-3-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome! thanks for sharing.
2018-3-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see. It is always good to know how others pack.
2018-3-11
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2018-3-11 05:06
No, I hand launched it several times - Very uncomfortable and potentially dangerous operation when done it by me  
And I have some room to spare in the bag yet

Nice bag and a nice array of accessories .

On the hand catching. I still haven't found the nerve to stick my hand out there. Seen so many videos of mishaps.
I am going to do it. The question is when?
2018-3-11
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-11 11:51
Nice bag and a nice array of accessories .

On the hand catching. I still haven't found the nerve to stick my hand out there. Seen so many videos of mishaps.

Don't rush it - Droning is for fun, not to challenge and conquer your weaknesses or something
Lend it where convenient for You!
For me - I switched all the sensors off for speed, distance and hand catch it as it's easier and safer for the Mavic, for more than 150 hand catches I only ones experience slight hiccup - yesterday I did it with the left hand instead of right and with the other hand mixed joysticks and Mavic struggle a bit but only once.
2018-3-11
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2018-3-11 12:02
Don't rush it - Droning is for fun, not to challenge and conquer your weaknesses or something
Lend it where convenient for You!
For me - I switched all the sensors off for speed, distance and hand catch it as it's easier and safer for the Mavic, for more than 150 hand catches I only ones experience slight hiccup - yesterday I did it with the left hand instead of right and with the other hand mixed joysticks and Mavic struggle a bit  but only once.

Thanks, I am not going to rush it.

Not looking forward to that one slight hiccup either.

Will take your advise and disable sensors before I try it.
2018-3-11
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Nice to see what bags others use but I will resist buying anything for as long as possible.
2018-3-11
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I changed the bag tp a Photo one - it can take my 17" laptop on top of my Mavic AND is water/weatherproof ;)
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules