Your Flight Logs
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Could some people post examples of a typical flight log? I bought a simple leather ruled pad so I could write down, altitude, distance, length of flight etc. I'm really inserested to see what others are doing now they are recieving their new P3s.

Pictures if you have them

Cheers all.

2015-5-4
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you're talking about flight log files, by default they are non readable.
Use http://flylitchi.com/logs if you want to convert them to a readable CSV format.
2015-5-5
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-5-5 16:00
If you're talking about flight log files, by default they are non readable.
Use http://flylitchi.com ...

No not so much flight log files, but more a personal paper flight log. I know some people do it, so figured I may try it myself.

2015-5-5
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

You could take inspiration from the (soon to be?) builtin Flight Log/Record in the DJI Pilot app

That automated Flight Log do it for many people.

I don't have an example for a paper-version. In any case I believe I would keep it in an Excel-spreadsheet, if/when I make my own.

Some things that might be nice to have in a log - if one has the patience to fill it all out every time

- Date
- Weather
- Flighttime
- Battery # used
- Battery percentage start
- Battery percentage end
- Comments - did anything special happen
- Data about the video-format and settings used

I've "experimented" with measuring the temperature of each motor with a "laser"-themometer because I noticed some motors had more resistance than others (and sure enough, also became slightly wamer - but never anything alarming - but nice to keep a tab on in order to perhaps predict future problems).

I hope thats a little inspiration. I'm curious to hear what you end up doing and hope you will share it.
2015-5-5
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-5 17:21
You could take inspiration from the (soon to be?) builtin Flight Log/Record in the DJI Pilot app

Thanks for the advice. The built in flight log seems to be everything i'm after, and i'd probably use this as my main point of reference for any paper logs I make! Also the tool Boutropeur.msn linked to is fantastic. I'll be using this also.

I'll post screens my log book here in a couple of months after I have some flights under my belt.

2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules