Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What automated procedure can you expect when you lose connection?
2870 53 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Tom_A Posted at 2018-3-19 18:59
Reading the description, it seems that it may be using the bottoms sensors to trace the path more accurately. When i saw the other post about this, I assumed it did not, but now I think I was wrong. The Pro looks like it has bottom sensors that should be capable of this, but they are oriented different. Perhaps it's just going to take a bit more time to add this to the Pro due to the different sensor positioning. The Spark only has infrared sensors so I would never expect this to be supported on the Spark. The RTH does seem a bit counter productive to me too. This behavior should be a selectable option.

Capability of whether this can be implemented on a Mavic Pro probably goes a little further then merely sharing a few sensors.
2018-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-20 00:16
As one of the first evolving tech I would like to see top sensors, Even though we are strongly advised not to fly beneath trees or underneath anything, I can't get my head around crafts activating fully automated procedures while not being able to assess if its safe to do so.

Only problem with the small drones is where you put them props spinning cover the top of the drone.
2018-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-19 17:20
I have flown with the Spark RTH full pitch forward that increases its speed from ~22 to ~30 miles per hour, although I haven't had the chance to fully test the full pitch forward in RTH with Mavic Pro. Are you saying the RTH speed on Mavic Pro cannot be adjusted upward in full pitch forward like on the Spark and Mavic Air? Thanks for your feedback!

You can push forward to make it go a bit faster although trying to find it in the manual is impossible so most don’t know this with Mavic Air you can also lower altitude in higher winds which also make it safer.
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-20 02:00
Only problem with the small drones is where you put them props spinning cover the top of the drone.

I guess there's plenty room on top for a couple of IR sensors without props getting in the way, might be other difficulties though. Then again the answer could be as simple as planned obsolescence, there is something to want in an Mavic Air II and III. Not much incentive for DJI to build the ultimate drone when competition making it hard to sell is virtually non-existent.

IMG_20180320_125502.jpg

2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-20 00:06
Thank you for sharing your opinion on which craft you prefer... The Mavic Air folds, therefore it belongs in the Mavic class. Either way it doesn't matter which craft you or I prefer, or in which class one may think it belongs, there are a quite a few topics comparing the crafts, but I fail to see the relevance of posting such opinions in a topic about failsafe RTH procedures.

I think the failsafe RTH options on the Mavic Air are excellent.
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-20 07:43
I think the failsafe RTH options on the Mavic Air are excellent.

Really?  I would rather have it spear home. ;)
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-20 02:04
You can push forward to make it go a bit faster although trying to find it in the manual is impossible so most don’t know this with Mavic Air you can also lower altitude in higher winds which also make it safer.

I did not know about lowering the altitude in high winds, that is good to know.
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-20 09:34
Really?  I would rather have it spear home. ;)

It depends if you are in Sport Mode. Travelling at 42.5 miles per hour fliers may reach a far distance fast and would rather have their original path traced back whereby they can go into GPS mode and maintain a little bit more solid connection?
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-20 09:48
It depends if you are in Sport Mode. Travelling at 42.5 miles per hour fliers may reach a far distance fast and would rather have their original path traced back whereby they can go into GPS mode and maintain a little bit more solid connection?

If you are in the middle of a good shot, and lose it because of RTH failsafe, then it would be easier if you can pick up where you left of right before the disconnect?
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-20 09:49
If you are in the middle of a good shot, and lose it because of RTH failsafe, then it would be easier if you can pick up where you left of right before the disconnect?

Absolutely. It might me just me that just get the jitters if a connection failure happens, I'd rather have it come home directly.
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-20 10:32
Absolutely. It might me just me that just get the jitters if a connection failure happens, I'd rather have it come home directly.

I would prefer my drone come straight home in RTH too. But other people prefer the shots and expect DJI technology be perfect than to understand shots can not be guaranteed. I agree with you.
2018-3-20
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

What automated procedure can you expect when you lose connection?
2018-3-20
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

What automated procedure can you expect when you lose connection? 1. Returns back to me 2. without hitting objects
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Acenspades Posted at 2018-3-20 11:47
What automated procedure can you expect when you lose connection? 1. Returns back to me 2. without hitting objects

Eventually ;)

But I consider it nice to know that if I lose connection when I'm flying back after a nice flight I can see the craft turning away from me and flying off, and not worry to much about it because I know that its part of the failsafe procedure. Not knowing that would scare the hell out of me.

Before you know it, there would be another near fly away topic from a pilot asking what the heck happend. ;oP
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules