Osmo Mobile 2 and Galaxy S8/S8+
7495 9 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheReem
lvl.2
Germany

New day, new question

does the Galaxy S8 / S8 + have the same problems as the IPhones? or get shake-free videos without wobble / jitter

I dont find much complaining about the samsung phones .. even if it has also OIS...

Thx guys
2018-3-11
Use props
TheReem
lvl.2
Germany

#push#

Common guys .. no S8/S8+ Users here?
2018-3-20
Use props
James Ring
New

Ireland

Yes. The S8 give a choppy video with the Osmo mobile 2. It's very slight but annoying. Trying to find a solution. Stabilisation in the phone is turned off but I think that only turns off the EIS and not the OIS
2018-4-7
Use props
fans29a19c31
lvl.2
Portugal

I have no problems with S8Plus with OSMO MOBILE 1
I do not have to disconnect any phone stabilization
2018-4-10
Use props
Seitenwerk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59400 ft
Austria

I have no problems with any jittering or other effects on my iPhone 6Plus. My personal opinion on this: People buy a smartphone gimbal for a very low price and think that they will get stabilization like professional equipment like 20.000$ and higher.

Also: The OIS is a hardware stabilizer. It wont do anything on itself  or try to fight the gimbal like some people claim. It only reduces stuttering and movement induced by the user. So if you see the OIS kicking in, that means that there was movement involved which could not be handled by the gimbal. In other words: try to soften your movement or either live with OIS trying to help.

Digital Image stabilization also helps. On iOS, the native camera app does a great job eliminating most problems compared to the DJI GO app. Filmic Pro also has the option to enable digital image stabilization.
So if you see any jittering in your video, try out the native iOS camera app or try to move more careful. Useally, walking/footsteps are what induces the highest amount of force to the gimbal and the phone leading to the typical small shakes/jitters. Thats why many gimbal user start adopting the so called "ninja walk"
2018-4-10
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Seitenwerk Posted at 2018-4-10 03:45
iI have no problems with any jittering or other effects on my iPhone 6Plus. My personal opinion on this: People buy a smartphone gimbal for an very low price and think that they will get stabilization like professional equipment like 20.000$ and higher.

Also: The OIS is a hardware stabilizer. It wont do anything on itself  or try to fight the gimbal like some people claim. It only reduces stuttering and movement induced by the user. So if you see the OIS kicking in, that means that there was movement involved which could not be handled by the gimbal. In other words: try to soften your movement or either live with OIS trying to help.

Very good information! Thanks!
2018-4-10
Use props
TheReem
lvl.2

Seitenwerk Posted at 2018-4-10 03:45
I have no problems with any jittering or other effects on my iPhone 6Plus. My personal opinion on this: People buy a smartphone gimbal for a very low price and think that they will get stabilization like professional equipment like 20.000$ and higher.

Also: The OIS is a hardware stabilizer. It wont do anything on itself  or try to fight the gimbal like some people claim. It only reduces stuttering and movement induced by the user. So if you see the OIS kicking in, that means that there was movement involved which could not be handled by the gimbal. In other words: try to soften your movement or either live with OIS trying to help.

did not think that it is because of the motion because so many about this problem report. In which movement does this pump trigger? I can not imagine that. next to question you do not speak German by accident? o.O
2018-4-10
Use props
Seitenwerk
lvl.2
Austria

TheReem Posted at 2018-4-10 07:15
did not think that it is because of the motion because so many about this problem report. In which movement does this pump trigger? I can not imagine that. next to question you do not speak German by accident? o.O

Indeed, I speak german ^^

Yeah, the OIS is, as the name suggests an "optical image stabilization" so its purpose is to compensate any movement/shakes etc that happen. It can't be turned of at is is not a software feature. Usually the lense inside your phone is floating between magnets or some other construct.

Can you see the difference between OIS and not OIS? Yes, you can indeed see it and depending on the device and software in combination with the gimbal it may look like the typical described "jittering". On the other hand, if you dont have OIS build inside your device you will potentially see even more problems in you image.

But thats not a malfunction of the gimbal nor is it a problem DJI could fix. I would recommend anybody who sees this behavior to test changing the app you are using as recommended above and ofcourse be careful with your movement. This are just small portable gimbals and the Osmo Mobile 2 has no stabilization of the vertical achsis, so every force applied from bottom to top and the other way around (walking, jumping, and other vertical movements) )will not be compensated.

ps: If you intend to reduce any vertical movement/force you would have to get creative like this guy:
2018-4-10
Use props
TheReem
lvl.2

Seitenwerk Posted at 2018-4-10 22:32
Indeed, I speak german ^^

Yeah, the OIS is, as the name suggests an "optical image stabilization" so its purpose is to compensate any movement/shakes etc that happen. It can't be turned of at is is not a software feature. Usually the lense inside your phone is floating between magnets or some other construct.

Danke dir erstmal für die ausführliche Erläuterung.
Das erklärt das jittering aufjedenfall das ist aber das kleinere übel, schlimmer ist dieses pumpen ähnlich wie beim erneuten scharfstellen. Das lässt sich auch auf die Bewegung zurückführen? Hab auch ein Iphone 6 Plus und überlege schon ewig ob ich zuschlagen sollte (oder sogar das Smartphone wechseln für den Gimbal)

Als App muss es eigentliche die DJI Go sein da ich das Tracking usw. Nutzen will.

Danke dir fürs Antworten! Das Forum hier ist ansonsten sehr inaktiv ..

2018-4-11
Use props
Seitenwerk
lvl.2
Austria

TheReem Posted at 2018-4-11 00:53
Danke dir erstmal für die ausführliche Erläuterung.
Das erklärt das jittering aufjedenfall das ist aber das kleinere übel, schlimmer ist dieses pumpen ähnlich wie beim erneuten scharfstellen. Das lässt sich auch auf die Bewegung zurückführen? Hab auch ein Iphone 6 Plus und überlege schon ewig ob ich zuschlagen sollte (oder sogar das Smartphone wechseln für den Gimbal)

No problem I did not experience any "pumping" effects so far with my iPhone 6Plus. But I have major problems with active tracking (there are already one or two threads here about this). In short: I can't really use it as the gimbal goes nuts in most cases once i start using the active track function.

I select a target, then the gimbal starts to move up and down until it turns away and loses it, even if both the gimbal and the target are not moving. On rare occasions, it seems to work again but those are only a few lucky cases.

Maybe you are lucky and it will work for you. Currently I would still recommend the gimbal for the low selling prize, as it works pretty good in combination with other apps (native camera app or filmic pro for example). The original DJI App on the other hand still needs a few patches/updates. Also: the offered panorama function is not really that useful. Using the native camera app with its panorama feature without the gimbal produces better images then the dji go app with gimbal.
Maybe those are specific iPhone 6 or 6Plus problems, i dont know
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules