Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
26420 59 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-26 21:11
Two Questions for those using Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+

First question: Has S9 or S9+ proven itself to be reliable for use as Smart device with DJI Remote Control?  (Can you compare it to a iPhone or iPad?)

Hi, I bought the S9+ specially for use with the Mavic Pro, because of the bright screen.
I preferred the CS, but reports of unreliability turned me away.
I did a detailed review a while back.
Changed from Samsung  J7 to S9+ and have changed back to the J7. That tells you enough, surely?
Bright screen excellent, but very heavy battery drain and not simple to switch back to low energy use after. Not just the brightness slider, but resolution and colour settings need changing.
Curved screen edges are a pain when dragging down to get to settings in GO4.
Light sensor covered by one arm, soft buttons masked by other arm.
Soft buttons are under left GO4 app buttons but activate and close Go4 if touched. Just what you need when you have a panic problem with the drone...
OREO was unreliable in conjunction with GO4 and drone. MP.
The latest update to ORIO, a few days ago might have made it better, but I am past caring.
S9+ is a flash phone. Appearance trumps common sense, in practice.
Camera is amazing and I couldn't wish for better.
I tried the slo-mo on flying drone, but would not detect movement if drone centre screen. Still, I am unlikely to use the feature ever again.
More bloatware than you can imagine. Advise user to block all updates, so it just resides in ROM.
Finger print, face, iris security seems to work well, but I have no interest in the messing about, so no security is set.
Heart rate monitor etc. is novel, not accurate compared to medical equipment, so a bit of a joke or 'impress a geek' ware. The fitness app is fully featured and might induce some lard-ass to amuse themselves and exercise their fingers playing with it.
Bixby works well and is impressive once the system trains you to use it. I had hoped it would work by learning from me, but it aint that bright. Most useful for adjusting phone setting. You can collect and group many settings, like a profile and give a single command. Bixby, option one. Bixby, Option 2 (to reset …

The memory RAM is huge, but vanishes below 2GB in use. The J7 has 2GB and runs GO4 and all bare minimum phone and Apps in just over 1GB. The large memory is just an illusion, a sales con. It means nothing.

Sound quality is amazing for such small squeekers.

As a flash, modern phone, the S9+ it looks the biz. For a sensible and fully functional phone at a low price, the J7 is better.
2018-7-9
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 946788 ft
Brunei

I m using Note 8 without any problems
2018-7-9
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-7-9 13:24
Hi, I bought the S9+ specially for use with the Mavic Pro, because of the bright screen.
I preferred the CS, but reports of unreliability turned me away.
I did a detailed review a while back.

What is the brightness/nit?  Comparing to CS
2018-7-9
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Hi Sparksbird.
About 1300 nits on S9+ 1000 on basic CS
2018-7-10
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is from DJI and updated daily.   All equipment on their approved list is here:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2018-7-10
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10190 ft
United Kingdom

It's strange how a lot of phones and tablets seem to work well with the DJI app until you update the firmware or are forced to update the firmware, this is nothing new, DJI have been doing this for a long time, I've had this issue twice before and it took weeks to fix with advice from other uses (DJI were unable to help) who had the same issues.  It doesn't fill you with confidence in the DJI brand which is very sad. DJI should be far more professional than this, it's not rocket science, these are serious issues where public safety could be seriously compromised especially at a time where Europe and many other countries around the world are passing new regulations about drones and drone safety.  These situations cannot help at all and must be sorted by DJI as a matter of urgency.

A software engineer friend and fellow drone pilot is going to look in to this and see if he can find the cause of these irritating problems.  Let's hope this isnt similar to Apples phone problems that were discovered earlier is year.

I'm going to be trying out the S9 soon and I'll report back on my findings over the next few weeks, both before and after firmware updates.
2018-9-10
Use props
djiuser_YFXyMmTAXVwM
lvl.1

I got a S9+ and fit a little tight. The only problem was the map on DJI go 4 but i fixed reinstalling the app. Here are son picture...
2018-10-7
Use props
djiuser_YFXyMmTAXVwM
lvl.1

I got the Spark and the S9+. Fit very tight I used the cable connection the app work very good. The only issue was the map. But I reinstalled it and fixed like that.
2018-10-7
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

Follow me does not seem to work with my AT&T Galaxy S9 and mavic pro.  Today with 20 satellites on the app,  and clear sky not understanding why the phone's gps is not working.  Any suggestions,  steps to use follow me with Galaxy S9?
2019-1-11
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

I have been using the S9+ and love it.  Very bright, fits in the Mavic 2 Pro RC holder well, and the battery seems to last forever.  I am using it without a SIM card but use WIFI for updates as well as map cashing.  Bottom line, it replaced my S7 and it works great!
2019-1-12
Use props
Xavi Mavic Pro
New
Mexico

Hi, I just bought a mavic pro, and I'm using the "dji go 4" app, with my galaxy s9, but, I had some issues, It continuously stop transmitting the image from the drone. Some times the image turns purple, and some other times it freeze. Right now I'm looking for an answer about it.
2019-2-20
Use props
djiuser_aQAdEYfSG1B5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75020 ft
United States

Just purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum.   I also have a new Galaxy S9+.  Concerned.  Downloaded DJI Go 4 app.  It said connect aircraft wifi to phone wifi.  Turned on the drone and searched wifi.  Phone found all the neighbors wifi...but no drone.   How do I connect it?  Thank you.
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_aQAdEYfSG1B5
lvl.2
United States

Just purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum.   I also have a new Galaxy S9+.  Concerned.  Downloaded DJI Go 4 app.  It said connect aircraft wifi to phone wifi.  Turned on the drone and searched wifi.  Phone found all the neighbors wifi...but no drone.   How do I connect it?  Thank you.
2019-3-15
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

djiuser_aQAdEYfSG1B5 Posted at 3-15 19:21
Just purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum.   I also have a new Galaxy S9+.  Concerned.  Downloaded DJI Go 4 app.  It said connect aircraft wifi to phone wifi.  Turned on the drone and searched wifi.  Phone found all the neighbors wifi...but no drone.   How do I connect it?  Thank you.

You need to connect via remote controller via USB cable from controller. Not wifi. There is possibility to go via wifi without remote controller but signal range and stability is very pooer then. Please check manual.
2019-3-15
Use props
Jimmy W
lvl.2
United States

Yes.  Mine works perfectly.
2019-4-13
Use props
Jimmy W
lvl.2
United States

Yes.  Mine works perfectly.
2019-4-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I haven't tried the S9, but have done the Note 9 since November 18 with Oreo, and since Feb 19 using One UI as the Operating system.  Haven't had a bug with any of them.  Perfect flights every time.  
2019-4-13
Use props
fans1fa19190
lvl.1

United States

I have been using the phantom 4 for two years now and I have had the constant problem of the app restarting my phone in mid-flight every single time I use it. I use my Galaxy s9+ to fly the drone for my job, so it's a BIG problem for me when this happens as I use it for work. Now the newest update disconnects the phone within one minute of flight if I take pictures. As I said, I have had the problem for 2 years and I'm tired of it.
2019-7-17
Use props
PiEz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94498 ft

the s9 and the s10 have a MASSIVE problem,that problem being android 9 pie and the adaptive display feature that u cant turn off !!!!!! as soon as u go into shade,like u would to see the screen better,ie turning ur back on the sun,the screen goes dark and dull due to adaptive display,put the screen into direct sunlight and the adaptive display automatically put the display on max brightness/colour but then u cant see the screen so clear because of the bright sunlight,its bloody annoying.if anyones got a fix for this id be happy to hear it,u cannot turn off adaptive display properly!!!BEWARNED,do not get a mobile phone with android 9 pie operating system ie samsung s9 or s10 !!
2019-9-10
Use props
gonroven
lvl.1

fansebe62400 Posted at 2018-6-18 11:33
you are suppose to plug your phone into the usb slot at the bottom of the mavic pros controller not the top left port which is for charging your controller and phone at the same time. by plugging into the top left port with your phone it will suck the battery out of the controller and give it to your phone.

This is very interesting! I have a Galaxy S9 and purchased cable from DJI to connect phones type C  to micro USB in top left of controller. After all, that is where my old S7 connected originally. No connection recognized by DJI Go 4 app.

Using USB A port in the bottom middle of controller to type C in phone works fine. What's up with that?

I'd like to be able to use the micro usb in the upper left as it's a clean look while flying.

Someone said the the micro usb in upper left is for charging only. How can this be as it is how the original configuration was set for older phones.  Could it be that the micro usb connection on controller simply misses the USB C? Why would DJI sell an RC cable that specifically states, "For use to connect USB Type-C to Micro USB for Mavic Pro?"

Any and all thoughts much appreciated! 20190910_131258_resized.jpg
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules