398 17 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi all,

Please guys - please post some screenshot images of your app screen showing overexposure bars on an slightly overexposed picture as per the images i posted below - please.
Been suffering image issues on my devise for ages.
The problem is inconsistent therefore nailing it down has been difficult and to date elusive.

The reason i am making a new thread is because previous threads have been asking advise from the forum on different possibilities which may be causing the issue - each possibility will get a new thread until hopeful i find the root problem and then hopefully whats causing it.
Previous threads were about 1. general causes 2. anntenna 3 radio frequency 4 factors causing interference and others - to date these seem to be dead ends or at least not the root cause.
The root cause is essential to discover because when i have problems the image declines in degrees - first starting with mild pixilation and then bottom screen image blurr - then whole image blurr and then video lag and stick response delays.

For a long time i have noticed that brighness or light may have some initial effect. not knowing how to understand or explain this i have moved on to other possibilities - now i am back at the light issue and hope to get some views and input from forum users about this.

For a long time i have noticed that when i fly in evenings my problem is much less or sometimes not at all.
Also during low light days with cloud cover my problem is typically less worse and some times not at all.
However when i turn to the light or fly over glare on the water - the problem starts again.

I really do not know how to express the question i wish to ask - it goes some thing like this: does any one know of a situation or condition which might cause brightness to create some conflict or overload in the data processing.

Below i have posted some screen shots from my devise (sony z3) and a friends devise (s7) which shows pixilation in the overexposure bars.

Please be so kind as to post some screenshot pics of your app during over exposed shots with the over exposure warning on - like the pictures i have posted below.
I would like to see if you all have the same pixilation details in the overexposure bars - like is present in the pics i have posted.

would really appreciate some pictures from other users for me to make a comparison.
Thanks in advance

OEX 1.png
OEX 3.png
OEX 4.png
2018-3-11
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

Can't say I have ever seen that on my phone(s6 iphone) and briefly tested the other day with a Xaiomi redmi note 4x and didn't notice any problems either.
You need to try your mates drone(or have him use your controller and phone)

The images on the sd card are fine right?

If they are and you confirm that the problem is in the drone, it could be still something like a signal overload, but video signal, possibly overloading in the transmitter in the drone.
Could be caused by something as simple a dry solder. Heat and cool might be able to find it at board level, however the components are very small surface mount.
On the bright side you can buy just about every thing you need(replacement boards and other parts) on ebay.

If the unit is dead cold(just switched on) do you notice this? And do you notice it more or less when it gets warmer.
Also, if you switch it on but don't start the motors and just move it around by hand are you able to get it to still do it?
2018-3-11
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Mavdude Posted at 2018-3-11 20:49
Can't say I have ever seen that on my phone(s6 iphone) and briefly tested the other day with a Xaiomi redmi note 4x and didn't notice any problems either.
You need to try your mates drone(or have him use your controller and phone)

yes, images on sd card are fine - however i must work out my problem because the devise screen too often goes so bad that i cant see where i am on the screen or line up shots or use the footage from internal devise to dji editor.

I did pay attention to if it happens when drone is hot or cold. There are times when it happpens at sart of flight , then can clear up and times i can start off good but then it gets bad later - so i cant say for sure if temp is a contributor.

Would really appreciate if you get a chance to post a screen shot of an over exposed image with the zebra bars so i can make a comparison to show my agent.

If this problem is not apparent on others peoples equipment then i have been able to show an anomoly - at least i can then point my agent in the right direction - for now they say that having tested it they find no problem - therefore i must have some evidence to show them.

You right it could still be something about signal overload - but i must be able to point out a fault to my
agent because they are not seeing the problem during the short time they are testing it.
2018-3-11
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would be more worried about the low battery warning myself. 732m away from take off location. Hope there was no wind friend.
2018-3-11
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

I have never seen that pattern on my device. The worst i get is when I am at some distance I get grainy images, but nothing like that.
Just briefly tried it going from dark to light and nothing unexpected.

You need to play with it and see if you are able to reliably make it happen, then your agent might be able to do something about it.

29% battery at 700m is not bad, I'd be more worried about the breaking up image cause that problem won't go away with a charge of the battery!
2018-3-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavdude Posted at 2018-3-11 23:32
I have never seen that pattern on my device. The worst i get is when I am at some distance I get grainy images, but nothing like that.

That is an over exposure warning feature that you can switch on/off within the app - not the image.
2018-3-12
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

Ha! Awesome!
2018-3-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-11 22:50
Would be more worried about the low battery warning myself. 732m away from take off location. Hope there was no wind friend.

not a breath of wind - got home and landed at 15%.
2018-3-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-3-12 00:11
That is an over exposure warning feature that you can switch on/off within the app - not the image.

hi acw - if you get a chance i would really appreciate if you will make an over exposed situation with zebra bars and take a screen shot of that and post for me to see.
Quality or content of picture is irrelevant to me - i only want to see what your stripes look like ie are they solid black and white stripes or do they have pixilation in?
2018-3-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Mavdude Posted at 2018-3-11 23:32
I have never seen that pattern on my device. The worst i get is when I am at some distance I get grainy images, but nothing like that.

thanks mavdude - i see acw answered you about the zebra bars.

if you will be kind enough to post a screenshot of any image with the zebra bars on i will really appreciate it.

i am hoping to see that your zebra bars are solid black lines - if so it may be the first pointer to my problem.

If your zebra bars are pixilated black lines - the same as mine - then the pixilation in mine is not a clue.

Knowing whether it is or is possibly relevant is an important next step for me.
2018-3-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-12 06:24
hi acw - if you get a chance i would really appreciate if you will make an over exposed situation with zebra bars and take a screen shot of that and post for me to see.
Quality or content of picture is irrelevant to me - i only want to see what your stripes look like ie are they solid black and white stripes or do they have pixilation in?

Just took this for you deliberately over exposing the image - very, very slight zebra markings fading at the edge but I believe this is where the exposure value balances from perfect exposure to being grossly over exposed rather than any pixilations in the actual image.  
2018-3-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-3-12 07:05
Just took this for you deliberately over exposing the image - very, very slight zebra markings fading at the edge but I believe this is where the exposure value balances from perfect exposure to being grossly over exposed rather than any pixilations in the actual image.  
[view_image]

thanks for the making the effort - i appreciate it.
2018-3-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-12 10:36
thanks for the making the effort - i appreciate it.

No problem. If you tap-to-focus the faded areas also disappear or darken up as will moving the camera to/from the over exposed areas. This is purely driven by the amount of light hitting the sensor and nothing to do with pixelation in the image mate.
2018-3-12
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think A CW is saying the same thing I'm about to say in that the solid black and white bars are where it is saying that it is definitely strongly over exposed.  The areas you are calling "pixelated" are the areas where it is just on the edge of being overexposed.  

For example, the first image you posted has very good exposure, its just those 4 small areas that are slightly exposed.  So rather then black & whiting them out completely, it is just gently showing there is slightly some over exposure here.  Whereas with the next couple of images, there are larges areas that are very much over exposed due to basically looking into the sun.  Then on the edges where it is transitioning to good exposure, it is showing those areas as only being slightly over exposed.

Does that make sense?
2018-3-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-12 11:07
I think A CW is saying the same thing I'm about to say in that the solid black and white bars are where it is saying that it is definitely strongly over exposed.  The areas you are calling "pixelated" are the areas where it is just on the edge of being overexposed.  

For example, the first image you posted has very good exposure, its just those 4 small areas that are slightly exposed.  So rather then black & whiting them out completely, it is just gently showing there is slightly some over exposure here.  Whereas with the next couple of images, there are larges areas that are very much over exposed due to basically looking into the sun.  Then on the edges where it is transitioning to good exposure, it is showing those areas as only being slightly over exposed.

many thanks - yes that does make sense - i accept and appreciate that answer from you and acw.

i was rather hoping that it would be an indication to the root of my problem but i accept that it is not.

2018-3-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-3-12 10:40
No problem. If you tap-to-focus the faded areas also disappear or darken up as will moving the camera to/from the over exposed areas. This is purely driven by the amount of light hitting the sensor and nothing to do with pixelation in the image mate.

Thanks acw - i value your opinion.

i was hoping that it indicates some clue to my problem but i accept that it is not.

On a good note: today i flew 3 batteries in the same place at the same time of day in the same wind free conditions, same cable, same devise etal without a single glitch.
When i inserted my 4th battery i got my glitch problems back again.
Shortly into the flight the glitches stopped and the rest of the flight was glitch free.

The image in my screen was awesome - i was flying orbits around me trying to get it to wash out or glitch up but it refused - mind boggling how it can be useless one flight or an extended period of time and awesome the next day.

thanks for helping out on this thread, you have put my mind at rest on this topic
2018-3-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-12 11:07
I think A CW is saying the same thing I'm about to say in that the solid black and white bars are where it is saying that it is definitely strongly over exposed.  The areas you are calling "pixelated" are the areas where it is just on the edge of being overexposed.  

For example, the first image you posted has very good exposure, its just those 4 small areas that are slightly exposed.  So rather then black & whiting them out completely, it is just gently showing there is slightly some over exposure here.  Whereas with the next couple of images, there are larges areas that are very much over exposed due to basically looking into the sun.  Then on the edges where it is transitioning to good exposure, it is showing those areas as only being slightly over exposed.

many thanks - yes that does make sense - i accept and appreciate that answer from you and acw.

i was rather hoping that it would be an indication to the root of my problem but i accept that it is not.

2018-3-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-12 14:14
Thanks acw - i value your opinion.

i was hoping that it indicates some clue to my problem but i accept that it is not.

That is good news! Very strange why is glitches periodically but pleased you got 3.5 good flights today out of 4.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules