Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do you Preview DNG shots on Mac?
28113 13 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lindkold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

My first Inspire cam shot DNG's that I could preview on my Mac (Quick Preview w/ Spacebar), or via thumbnails in Finder.
But after having camera issues (tilted horizon, hot pixels) DJI replaced my camera with a new one in march. Since then I haven't been able to preview DNG's or view the thumbnails in Finder.
I can only import to Lightroom or open in ACR which is kind of a hassle when you want to skim through multiple photos. And shooting DNG/JPG takes up space on the card. So what happened to the files since they are no longer support as previews? If you have the same issue, how to you skim through your shots?

Apple updated the compatibility with more RAW-cameras today, but that didn't help. Is it an issue that needs fixing from Apple?

2015-5-5
Use props
crisis72
lvl.1

Germany

Try this one ! Its a german Link, but search for File Viewer on the Mac AppStore
2015-5-5
Use props
lindkold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

crisis72@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-5 19:54
Try this one ! Its a german Link, but search for File Viewer on the Mac AppStore

Thanks.  But it hasn't been updated in 1,5 yrs so probably not an option, and it shouldn't really be necessary to instal an app to Preview (or thumbnail) DNG's?
2015-5-5
Use props
Golfo
lvl.2

Mexico

I don't think you can preview DNGs on a Mac as they are not a recognised format. I downloaded the Adobe DNG converter and also use Pixelmator to produce TIFFs in order to see the photos. Also trying Lightroom that allows me to see immediately the DNGs without doing anything
2015-5-5
Use props
crisis72
lvl.1

Germany

lindkold@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-5 21:57
Thanks.  But it hasn't been updated in 1,5 yrs so probably not an option, and it shouldn't really b ...

Try the Adobe DNG Codec for Mac. I use Lightroom or Adobe Raw Converter to convert
2015-5-5
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

There is a very good raw file editor for Mac - it is open source:

RawTherapee

Just do a google search and you will find the app - I use it all the time
2015-5-6
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

I can open my DNG files with Photoshop on my Mac
2015-5-6
Use props
lindkold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

crossfittb@yaho Posted at 2015-5-7 06:05
I can open my DNG files with Photoshop on my Mac

The problem is not opening them, but previewing them without opening them.

I found an app that allows this on Mac. USD 10, but problem solved: http://www.ardfry.com/dng-suite-mac/
2015-5-11
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

lindkold@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-11 21:16
The problem is not opening them, but previewing them without opening them.

I found an app that a ...

Would try it now, thanks!
2015-7-25
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

1 or 2 firmware updates ago DJI changed the raw format. Before it was possible to use Preview on the Mac to display the DJI Raw pics.
2015-7-25
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Working Flawless, thanks!!!
2015-7-25
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's still possible to view DNG's made by the Inspire 1 if you run them through the DJI DNG Cleaner first.

Among other things, the DNG's that come out of DJI DNG Cleaner:

- Can be viewed in preview on the Mac.
- Don't have bad pixels in them if you zoom in.

Basically you should run all DNG's from an Inspire running current firmware through cleaner before importing them to whatever tools you use.
2015-7-25
Use props
dillan.murray
New

Has anyone figured this out? I've imported raw dng photos into the Photos App (Yosemite) but cannot view them as they have a gray triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. I've downloaded multiple picture conversion tools (Adobe Bridge, Adobe Camera Raw DNG converter, etc.) but cannot get the bloody pictures out of the Photos App because I can't select individual pictures to convert, and I obviously can't convert the Photos Library. Please help or offer any suggestions before someone outside my window gets hit by a flying computer.
2016-7-10
Use props
Chris MAC
lvl.1

New Zealand

I had the same problem but fixed it by installing the latest Digital camera Raw for OSX. In my case Yosemite, found here https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1 ... US&locale=en_US

Now I get thumbnails in finder and previews with spacebar (took a restart after install to work.
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules