Problem with mavic air max speed
1445 15 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N0M4D
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello,

I have a problem with the max speed of my mavic pro.

The GPS signal il very strong, the beginner mode was disabled, multi-mode on.

I take off and all is ok, no any problem and firmware are all updated, but when i switched to sport mode on my remote, there happen nothing, only the anti-collision sensor are disabled. The aircraft has no more responsiveness and the speed stay the same as in P or atti mode.

Only when i take off in sport mode, he go a little bit faster for 30 seconds... and no more... the maximum speed i've reached in sport mode on a straight line with no wind is about 50 Kph...  far from the 68 Kph announced... what is the problem?

2018-3-11
Use props
N0M4D
lvl.1
Switzerland

I'm the only one to experiencing that?
2018-3-12
Use props
N0M4D
lvl.1
Switzerland

I have already contacted the DJI support, but other than telling me that I need a remote control to activate the sport mode,  they are unable to provide me any help...

For something I have buyed more than 1000.00€, I feel like I bought sh*it...
2018-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you must be, first I would do a refresh of the latest firmware, check after doing this, also if you try turning of sensors your aircraft should become much faster, I’m only saying to do this to see if speed can be increased,
Did you enable multiple flight mode, did you change the gain value. Also it would be no harm doing an IMU calibration.
2018-3-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would do as Hallmark advised and if that fails then you may simply have a defective unit and need to contact DJI support again to raise a ticket and ship it back for replacement under warranty.
2018-3-12
Use props
N0M4D
lvl.1
Switzerland

For sure, the multiple flight mode is ever activated. About the gain value i didn't change it, they are at 100%, if i change them in 120% you think thas will change something?

I noticed that one of the propellers was harder than the others when in turn it with my finger, but no difference at takeoff or in flight.

Thanks you both for the answers, have a nice day.
2018-3-12
Use props
N0M4D
lvl.1
Switzerland

PS: I juste noticed that in my first post i the corrector change "mavic air" in "mavic pro" I am talking about a MAVIC Air
2018-3-12
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With all the Gain and Sensitivity settings at factory defaults, my Air can reach 50 when going against some pretty strong head wind. And I've seen 75.5km/h once with tail wind. In no wind or very mild wind conditions, I am always getting mid to high sixties, all controls at factory default values
2018-3-12
Use props
N0M4D
lvl.1
Switzerland

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-3-12 23:56
With all the Gain and Sensitivity settings at factory defaults, my Air can reach 50 when going against some pretty strong head wind. And I've seen 75.5km/h once with tail wind. In no wind or very mild wind conditions, I am always getting mid to high sixties, all controls at factory default values

it's confirming that my mavic has a real problem.

It's the tenth e-mail i sended to DJI, they are unable to providing me any kind of help ... I will never buy their products again.
2018-3-13
Use props
N0M4D
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello,

I finally solved the problem by myself.

In idea to protect my mavic air, I always flyed with the propellers protectors. I tried to fly without, and the aircraft goes up to 65km/h with no any difficult. So... thanks all.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

N0M4D Posted at 2018-3-15 10:24
Hello,

Thanks for your attention. I will confirm the situation with our engineers and update here.
2018-3-18
Use props
wisnia.sebastian
lvl.1

Hong Kong

if the ac flys with the propellers protectors, the attitude will be limited to 20 degrees, and the maximum speed will be limited too. thanks.
2018-3-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Hello,

This is actually correct. If you need propeller protectors... speeds over 50km/h are not for you yet.
Problem here is actually that DJI support was not able to help you from the first attempt.
2018-3-26
Use props
N0M4D
lvl.1

wisnia.sebastian@gmail.com Posted at 2018-3-26 02:33
if the ac flys with the propellers protectors, the attitude will be limited to 20 degrees, and the maximum speed will be limited too. thanks.

it's not mentioned in the manual, I could not know.

eYeSkYeYe

What is this condescending tone?

Your answer is useless, thank's goodbye.
2018-3-26
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

It's kinda obvious to be honest
2018-3-26
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

I think It's very appreciative that you took the time to give an update.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules