1665 5 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

dear all,
I'm new with mavic air, I tried on saturday to shoots with asteroid mode quickshot but when hootin the sky, it is always overexposed.
any idea how to avoid it?

thanks in advance

Mauro
2018-3-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Are you going to manual exposure and setting the exposure correct for the brightest area in the pano before starting?
2018-3-11
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Italy

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-3-11 14:54
Are you going to manual exposure and setting the exposure correct for the brightest area in the pano before starting?

mmm no..I let the automatic mode in order to have also me and the place around ezposed correctly.
My question is: does the MA locks the exposure when he starts so correctly epose me and not the sky?
2018-3-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You need to shoot your pano at a time of day when there won't be much contrast from the darkest to the lightest areas of the whole image.  Then pan to the brightest area and set your manual exposure to be correct.  Leave it on manual and shoot the pano.  If you happen to be shooting a sunset or something that has a high contrast from brightest to darkest, you'll need to choose what area of the final product you want to be the most correct and set for that.  The brighter areas will be bright and the darker areas dark.
As for the Air and how it works, I don't have one so can't tell you.  What I have said above goes for panoramic images in general.
2018-3-11
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only managed to force mine into holding a manual setting once -- and it was by going into a different quickshot mode first.  (It's how I managed to get the blue sky in my avatar on a VERY bright day and no ND filters) However, the norm is that the Asteroid mode will set everything to AUTO, and all manual corrections are switched off.  The only reliable answer is ND filters -- which you will find can really improve your footage in all modes.  Also, the camera seems to set the overall exposure bracket from the initial direction you are facing for these.  Try rotating around your subject 90 or 180 degrees from the starting point and see if you can improve the results using this different heading.
2018-3-11
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Italy

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2018-3-11 18:05
I only managed to force mine into holding a manual setting once -- and it was by going into a different quickshot mode first.  (It's how I managed to get the blue sky in my avatar on a VERY bright day and no ND filters) However, the norm is that the Asteroid mode will set everything to AUTO, and all manual corrections are switched off.  The only reliable answer is ND filters -- which you will find can really improve your footage in all modes.  Also, the camera seems to set the overall exposure bracket from the initial direction you are facing for these.  Try rotating around your subject 90 or 180 degrees from the starting point and see if you can improve the results using this different heading.

I will try it, thanks a lot. I hope that DJI will change the first photo shoot (that is the one that set the exposure) to the straight position instead of the lowest position, in this case the exposure would be better, as shooted with litchi (I read this, I do not use Litchi)
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules