917 4 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrohneMann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87415 ft
  • >>>
United States

My cousin and I were out flying our DJI Spark's today and both had some great flights. Then we decided to fly them at the same time and then things went downhill from there. I was flying around and was filming and he took off and flew around back and forth and then his drone went in Atti Mode and starting flew away and now is gone. He is new to drone flying and handed me the remote and I tried to save it and hit the Return To Home Button and then it kept going and now we have no idea where it is. It is probably lost on someone else's property and we have not idea where. I have flown many drones at the same time of the same model and had no problems. I found these Atti Mode flyaways to be quite abundant on this forum and have caused countless drone issues. Honestly, in my opinion, Atti mode is useless unless you are inside and even inside it doesn't have very good positioning indoors anyway. Please rid of Atti mode for beginner pilots sake. Pilot error is a possibility but it is not supposed to just fly away and were open to being held responsible. I am in no way blaming DJI for this but I am pretty sure this way a mechanical malfunction in DJI's Algorithm System.   
2018-3-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suggest uploading the FlightRecord log from the phone/tablet to the following site and post the resulting URL here so that we can help you try to figure out what happened and maybe where to search for it.  You may also want to open a ticket with DJI support if you haven’t already.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2018-3-11
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-11 17:54
I suggest uploading the FlightRecord log from the phone/tablet to the following site and post the resulting URL here so that we can help you try to figure out what happened and maybe where to search for it.  You may also want to open a ticket with DJI support if you haven’t already.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

The problem is that the Quadcopter is missing so we have no way of extracting any files from it. Tomorrow I am going to take my Phantom out and search for it and see if it in the treetops or maybe see if from above. It is not going to be easy but I am going to try to find it and extract the files from it. Wish us luck in finding and getting my cousins quadcopter back.
2018-3-11
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DrohneMann Posted at 2018-3-11 18:00
The problem is that the Quadcopter is missing so we have no way of extracting any files from it. Tomorrow I am going to take my Phantom out and search for it and see if it in the treetops or maybe see if from above. It is not going to be easy but I am going to try to find it and extract the files from it. Wish us luck in finding and getting my cousins quadcopter back.

I didn't read your thread quickly we need to extract the flight log from the DJI GO 4 App. Now that makes sense. Sorry for the confusion we will do just that tomorrow.
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Did you find your drone now? Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support I would recommend you provide the flight record to our support for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules