Feature Request: Motion Video on Osmo Mobile 2
4170 27 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rcayca
lvl.2
Canada

I'm still waiting for my last feature request to control the Osmo remotely to be added here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=111255

Now I have a new feature request. Please add Motion Video to the Osmo Mobile. This is very similar to motion timelapse, except it will be recording a video instead. So you set your start point, your end point, and then your duration. Then the Osmo Mobile will go to the start point, start a VIDEO recording, and move towards the end point for the duration selected by the user. This is a feature that I feel you guys can implement right now and I don't see why there would be any technilogical reasons to hold you back.

Other gimbals such as the Zhiyun Crane Plus already have this feature. I really do love DJI products, but I don't get why they're lacking key features that other gimbals on the market have. The Crane Plus calls this feature Motion Memory. It is demonstrated at 3:45 in the following video:

This is a very useful feature for creating smooth pans, tilts, and diagonal movement without having told hold down the joystick. It it also useful to repeating camera movements. Please DJI, add this feature! It will benefit your product and I'm sure it will increase sales for the Osmo Mobile 2!
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We understand we have a lot need to be improved and we never stop, thanks for your feedback, your request will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration the future development.
2018-3-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice suggestion indeed.
2018-3-12
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Thread bump.
I see alot of feature requests.
I see alot of "your request will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration the future development."
Then nothing. No update or reply.

Anyway, any update on this as motion video would be very useful.
2018-6-19
Use props
engelo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12311667 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Very helpful
2018-6-19
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

I would love this feature too, I was surprised that it wasn't already an option.
2018-6-20
Use props
Skewif
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I need this feature too please.
2018-6-24
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Thread bump - 2 months on, any update for this request?
2018-8-20
Use props
cmarriott
lvl.1
United States

Bumping this also!
2018-8-22
Use props
Rafo
New
Germany

Bump! Freefly Movi does the same thing. Must be Easy to implement!
2018-9-5
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Rafo Posted at 2018-9-5 13:00
Bump! Freefly Movi does the same thing. Must be Easy to implement!

It should really be easy to implement since the Osmo Mobile 2 does this exact thing but as a motion lapse instead of a video. It's just a small firmware implementation.
2018-9-5
Use props
LeoHans
lvl.1
Argentina

Not being able to do this is a nonsense. Implementing this should be pretty straightforward already having motion timelapse feature.
2018-9-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great suggestion  
2018-9-24
Use props
dfeasfcds
New
Canada

Bumping this also. This is a feature that should be really easy to implement as all functions are already there, you just need to put them together. I would really need this.
2018-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

kbm79 Posted at 6-19 22:58
Thread bump.
I see alot of feature requests.
I see alot of "your request will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration the future development."

Same response, but they have their own agenda.
2018-12-7
Use props
TedBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1743622 ft
Sweden

I agree. Programming motion on the Osmo Mobile 2 and recording video at normal speed would be a great feature, and it's strange it's lacking, as technical capability is there.
2018-12-15
Use props
fans3c3027f3
New

Italy

I need this function too. I bought the osmo mobile 2 hoping to be able to do it. it is a very good gimbal but whitout this function is useless for my needs.
2018-12-23
Use props
kld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118579 ft
United States

I agree. I'm very surprised this isn't a feature already. It should be easy to implement. It's just like motion lapse, but allow us to record at 24/30/60 fps and set the move duration. In my option, this would be much more useful than the motion lapse that it already does. Motion lapse is a special effect. Motion control could be used in every project.
2018-12-26
Use props
Shivank Sharma
New

India

This is a must have feature, motion timelapse should be made optional.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_w5MI9C93OaWK
New
United States

Hi, i joined the forum specifically to request this feature also.  I want to tell the gimbal:

Start at point A.
Spend X seconds moving to point B.
Spend Y seconds moving to point C.
Etc.

At the normal frame rate, not at time lapse rate.  

This would be an amazing feature!
2019-2-2
Use props
Sfbayrealtor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1278494 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto! This is a much needed feature.
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_peV0kTEeBFQ9
New
Hungary

Look up Hashtag Media YouTube site for a nice workaround. ;)
2019-2-5
Use props
fansf8cf71be
lvl.1

United States

Bump again. Would love this functionality.
2019-3-22
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Have another thread bump since its has been over a year since the original request....
2019-3-25
Use props
sozoed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124360 ft
United States

Simple non-Timelapse Motion video capture from point A to B to C to D to X like the MotionLapse feature but using normal video mode is a standard feature on many gimbals these days but not on the Osmo Mobile 2 Let's get this functionality added! It's been over a year :O
2019-4-22
Use props
Tom Jelfs
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Come on DJI this would help you shift so many new units.  Unless you are planning on selling motion control rigs then I don't understand the lack of this feature.
2019-6-12
Use props
drzeuz
lvl.1
Mexico

Hey DJi, are you planing on adding this feature someday? This is a great addition to the Osmo Mobile 2, and you already have the software and hardware!
2019-6-12
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys, for those waiting for this feature for the Osmo 1, please understand that while it is perfectly possible for that gimbal to perform that function, DJI will not implement it.
They want you to go buy the Osmo Mobile 2 if you want that feature.

Dji is well known for holding back basic software features from their products so that newer products have an edge on their previous versions.
So don't bother waiting for this, it is not going to happen.

As a basic rule of thumb, when it comes to DJI, do not expect any of their products to receive any NEW features other than what they advertised it could do from day 1.
2019-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules