1234Next >
10165 157 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1170358 ft
United Arab Emirates

Any updates with regards to your replacement units? I'm still waiting for my drone.
2018-5-21
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 314705 ft
  • >>>

ResteIsmael Posted at 2018-5-21 03:38
Any updates with regards to your replacement units? I'm still waiting for my drone.

YES, TOTAL SUCCESS!   Finally I have a Air I can enjoy the camera on.  No blurry spots.  I went through 4 total units to get to this point.  (2 from the dealer, twice to repair) and the 4th one was the ticket.
2018-5-21
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

What do you think about mine? Please give me your judgment. Thank you very much
org_755c7b4448222f59_1526885960000.jpg
org_48382733b4579fa6_1526885970000.jpg
org_f4a726e2f44bb226_1526886114000.jpg
2018-5-21
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33159 ft
Netherlands

Same issue here, my MA is from februari if i look up the serial number. I read in this post https://forum.dji.com/thread-147786-1-1.html that there is an upcoming firmware fix:

I just got an update from our engineers that they have been aware of this issue and will optimize in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks for your patience and support.
2018-5-21
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

fanse275329d Posted at 2018-5-21 22:39
Same issue here, my MA is from februari if i look up the serial number. I read in this post https://forum.dji.com/thread-147786-1-1.html that there is an upcoming firmware fix:

I just got an update from our engineers that they have been aware of this issue and will optimize in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks for your patience and support.

If you have warranty then should send it right away for fix. you can see user must exchange several times to get working device.
2018-5-21
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Netherlands

isn't it strange that you need to do several exchanges to get the problem solved? seems to give the impression that DJI isn't testing the Drone before sending the replacement unit. Also wonder what the firmware fix will do and if it can solve the problem before sending it in.
2018-5-21
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

fanse275329d Posted at 2018-5-21 23:07
isn't it strange that you need to do several exchanges to get the problem solved? seems to give the impression that DJI isn't testing the Drone before sending the replacement unit. Also wonder what the firmware fix will do and if it can solve the problem before sending it in.

You can check here to see: https://forum.dji.com/thread-149309-1-1.html
Some MA got bad alignment between lens/sensor so it blurry so much. I captured those in a drone shop where they manually re-alligned lens for owner that had defect. I suggest you send out for replacement. Firmware not so helpful here. My case, i will wait for DJI engineer to have answer then make decision. I did not have any official dji repair store here so...
2018-5-21
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Netherlands

Same issue here, no repair store. Hope i can send without going to the shop where i bought it, it's 100km from my home..
2018-5-22
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-21 17:32
YES, TOTAL SUCCESS!   Finally I have a Air I can enjoy the camera on.  No blurry spots.  I went through 4 total units to get to this point.  (2 from the dealer, twice to repair) and the 4th one was the ticket.[view_image]

Great news, happy for you !
But please tell me if the image is sharp also on the edges and corners of the photo.

I'm asking this because i also had the blurry spots problem. Changed my Air and the new one seems almost ok now. No blurry spots on the center zone of the image, BUT - my right side of the photo (only the edge, aprox 50-60px) seems blurry. Also the top left and right corners are  blurry (especially the right one).

And i don't know if i should try another one or stick with this...
2018-5-22
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Cap0ne Posted at 2018-5-22 03:24
Great news, happy for you !
But please tell me if the image is sharp also on the edges and corners of the photo.

Yes, corners are a bit soft but I don't consider that a defect.  Most lenses, especially wide angle lenses suffer from this problem.  My $1000 DSLR lens isn't perfectly sharp across the image unless I stop it down to F/8 which we can't do on the MA.  It is easily fixed with a slight crop or, in my case, I don't worry that much about it because people aren't looking at the corners when it is on IG or FB or websites and I'm not printing them out large enough for anyone to really see it.

For me, the one I have is perfectly acceptable for what is effectively a $200 point and shoot camera.
2018-5-22
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

fanse275329d Posted at 2018-5-22 00:27
Same issue here, no repair store. Hope i can send without going to the shop where i bought it, it's 100km from my home..

DJI took great care of me, they paid for all the shipping costs so I didn't have any expense getting it repaired and it only took about 10 days total.
2018-5-22
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Hi Sam, what do you think about my pictures?
2018-5-22
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

fanse275329d Posted at 2018-5-21 23:07

My thoughts exactly.  I wondered why they shipped me a new unit with the exact same issue when it is so easy to test.
2018-5-22
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-22 08:52
Hi Sam, what do you think about my pictures?

Hard to tell with a 16/9 image that isn't the RAW file as it isn't the full sensor but it does look like the upper right area is soft.
2018-5-22
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-22 12:49
Hard to tell with a 16/9 image that isn't the RAW file as it isn't the full sensor but it does look like the upper right area is soft.

i will share raw with 4:3 aspect ration too. feel frustrated!! Thank you very much for your comment
2018-5-22
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Romania

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-22 08:36
Yes, corners are a bit soft but I don't consider that a defect.  Most lenses, especially wide angle lenses suffer from this problem.  My $1000 DSLR lens isn't perfectly sharp across the image unless I stop it down to F/8 which we can't do on the MA.  It is easily fixed with a slight crop or, in my case, I don't worry that much about it because people aren't looking at the corners when it is on IG or FB or websites and I'm not printing them out large enough for anyone to really see it.

For me, the one I have is perfectly acceptable for what is effectively a $200 point and shoot camera.

You are right regarding the lenses being softer at the edges. But i doubt the sensor from mavic is using all the surface of the lens. It's like crop vs full frame on dslr.
Also, if that was the case, i think the image should have the same degree of softness on the edges. Mine is sharp on the left side and soft on the right one. Also the corners are softer on right than on left.

Anyway, compared to the first one, this is way much better I think just my pixel peeper side of me is bothered by this problem now
2018-5-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-5-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-5-23
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Romania

Cap0ne Posted at 2018-5-23 00:13
You are right regarding the lenses being softer at the edges. But i doubt the sensor from mavic is using all the surface of the lens. It's like crop vs full frame on dslr.
Also, if that was the case, i think the image should have the same degree of softness on the edges. Mine is sharp on the left side and soft on the right one. Also the corners are softer on right than on left.

And to sustain my idea - I've downloaded the samples from this guy
https://www.chris-juettner.de/pr ... aw-sample-download/

His drone seems perfect. No soft edges at all...
2018-5-24
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Cap0ne Posted at 2018-5-24 00:53
And to sustain my idea - I've downloaded the samples from this guy
https://www.chris-juettner.de/projekte/drohne-dji-mavic-air/raw-sample-download/

The most important part of quad is Camera, not only able to fly. So you should send it back to DJI. I am consider bring my air to the shop for re-alignment.
2018-5-24
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

This is my image of drone at 4:3 ratio.
org_629f36dc73defc7e_1527089562000.jpg
2018-5-24
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-24 01:03
This is my image of drone at 4:3 ratio.

Two things.  Your camera isn't set to be in focus at such a short distance, it is probably set to be 20' to infinity so this isn't a great test, as the entire image looks soft to me.  Also, for many people with this issue, the problem doesn't show up unless flying (not sure why but that was the case with mine).

You need to go out on a sunny day and take photos of something like three houses roofs side by side.  If there is an issue, the tiles of the house on the right will be much softer than the other two.
2018-5-24
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-24 01:35
Two things.  Your camera isn't set to be in focus at such a short distance, it is probably set to be 20" to infinity so this isn't a great test, as the entire image looks soft to me.  Also, for many people with this issue, the problem doesn't show up unless flying (not sure why but that was the case with mine).

You need to go out on a sunny day and take photos of something like three houses roofs side by side.  If there is an issue, the tiles of the house on the right will be much softer than the other two.

Thank you very much for your suggest, i will do another one.
2018-5-24
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Dear Sam, can you help to check my video here: and photo here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzsulkiwoxcr7mr/Raw%20MA.zip?dl=0 they are all in auto, 4:3 ratio. Thank you very much
2018-5-26
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-26 00:34
Dear Sam, can you help to check my video here: https://youtu.be/EXHzC_J_MMU and photo here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzsulkiwoxcr7mr/Raw%20MA.zip?dl=0 they are all in auto, 4:3 ratio. Thank you very much

Hi, right top corner is not sharp as should be. I have the same problem on the left side in the middle of image.

2018-5-26
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-26 08:56
Hi, right top corner is not sharp as should be. I have the same problem on the left side in the middle of image.

[view_image]

Thank you very much for your review. May be i need a whole gimbal camera module replacement.
2018-5-26
Use props
ab0badr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19062 ft
  • >>>
Saudi Arabia

I have had the same problem. I got the white Mavic Air in mars and the problem was very clear, the right side was sharp and the left side was not. Also, here in Saudi Arabia we do not have dji maintenance center. Check the video below.

2018-5-30
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-26 08:56
Hi, right top corner is not sharp as should be. I have the same problem on the left side in the middle of image.

[view_image]

Yep, that is exactly the issue.  It transitions from sharp to soft very quickly and in areas where it really should be sharp.  I don't worry about the extreme edges as much but when it is close to the middle, no good.  I'm finally happy with my Air (except for the short range issues in urban environments) but it took 4 of them to get it right.  This last one is very sharp across the board and makes great stills and video... Finally.

If this one hadn't been okay, I was going to return it and wait for something else to come along.
2018-5-30
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

ab0badr Posted at 2018-5-30 14:10
I have had the same problem. I got the white Mavic Air in mars and the problem was very clear, the right side was sharp and the left side was not. Also, here in Saudi Arabia we do not have dji maintenance center. Check the video below.

[view_image]

Yep, you have the issue bad.  Strange that you are the only one with it on the left side .  I hope you can get it repaired or return it for a new one.  Don't live with it though, it isn't an Air problem, it is a camera issue that a big batch of them got wrong in manufacturing.
2018-5-30
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-30 15:21
Yep, that is exactly the issue.  It transitions from sharp to soft very quickly and in areas where it really should be sharp.  I don't worry about the extreme edges as much but when it is close to the middle, no good.  I'm finally happy with my Air (except for the short range issues in urban environments) but it took 4 of them to get it right.  This last one is very sharp across the board and makes great stills and video... Finally.

If this one hadn't been okay, I was going to return it and wait for something else to come along.

Mmmm, as fanse275329d did mention I'm having same plan.
2018-5-30
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-30 15:23
Yep, you have the issue bad.  Strange that you are the only one with it on the left side .  I hope you can get it repaired or return it for a new one.  Don't live with it though, it isn't an Air problem, it is a camera issue that a big batch of them got wrong in manufacturing.

Could you kindly check these pictures aswell? I think I got the same..

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Non%20sharp

But I am not sure.
2018-5-30
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

saviour Posted at 2018-5-30 22:21
Could you kindly check these pictures aswell? I think I got the same..

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Non%20sharp

Hi, ok I can't reach this folder. Please upload them somewhere else.
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 01:03
Hi, ok I can't reach this folder. Please upload them somewhere else.

Those are many pictures. Can be an issue with ur browser maybe? The folder is published, so the link should work. It works fine for me, aswell.
2018-5-31
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

ab0badr Posted at 2018-5-30 14:10

[view_image]

You had issue which opposite with my case. You should send out for replace. Now i have to invest on whole gimbal camera module or realign at drone shop and hope it will be fix because i cannot send out for warranty and get back. This is lens misalignment issue, cannot be fixed with software. You can take a look here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-149309-1-1.html
2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 01:22
Those are many pictures. Can be an issue with ur browser maybe? The folder is published, so the link should work. It works fine for me, aswell.

Nope, this link "https://www.dropbox.com/home/Non%20sharp" is not published and you can reach it because you are log in
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 02:02
Nope, this link "https://www.dropbox.com/home/Non%20sharp" is not published and you can reach it because you are log in

I double checked it and its definitely public for everyone who has that link.

If you check this thread, (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534) you will notice that DJI Stephen has viewed them, too.

EDIT: Ah, now I understand. You have to be logged in with any account to see them, sorry. Is it possible to get rid of that? If not, recommend me a page where I could upload some pictures for those who don't have dropbox, to check them.
2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 02:09
I double checked it and its definitely public for everyone who has that link.

If you check this thread, (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534) you will notice that DJI Stephen has viewed them, too.

It's ok, full and correct link is "https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8tvaenjgtwv81b/AAAX5txoSyjAF1dWKtyQpAWla?dl=0" instead of "https://www.dropbox.com/home/Non%20sharp" )

It's hard to tell to be honest at least by these photos. There are definitely some soft spots, but MA has soft image in general. Overall I would say...it's ok

2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Oh nice, thank you. I will definitely take a few more pictures to clarify. If the MA has a soft image in general, it should effect the whole picture and not certain spots, in my opinion.

Maybe some other people here can check it them out, too. Would you take a look at some more photos? If yes, I would notify you as soon as I upload them.

EDIT: And oh, btw. How did you insert that picture of me? And if you look at the houses to the right and to the top right of the red square you made, you can definitely see more blurry / soft spots.
2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 03:37
Oh nice, thank you. I will definitely take a few more pictures to clarify. If the MA has a soft image in general, it should effect the whole picture and not certain spots, in my opinion.

Maybe some other people here can check it them out, too. Would you take a look at some more photos? If yes, I would notify you as soon as I upload them.

That's true. Yeah no problem.

You can upload them to https://imgur.com/ and insert them with *img command. (Picture icon)
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Thank you very much, I reinstalled my DJI Go now, reset my MA and will take some more later.
2018-5-31
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules