10160 157 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 314705 ft
  • >>>

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 03:27
It's ok, full and correct link is "https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8tvaenjgtwv81b/AAAX5txoSyjAF1dWKtyQpAWla?dl=0" instead of "https://www.dropbox.com/home/Non%20sharp" )

It's hard to tell to be honest at least by these photos. There are definitely some soft spots, but MA has soft image in general. Overall I would say...it's ok

My latest MA is much sharper than most of that entire image. The area in yellow is a soft spot for sure but I would say that pretty must that entire area is soft and there are other areas that are not as clean as they should be.
2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-31 06:27
My latest MA is much sharper than most of that entire image. The area in yellow is a soft spot for sure but I would say that pretty must that entire area is soft and there are other areas that are not as clean as they should be.

I agree. Can you upload some photo of yours please? I would like to compare it with mine. This area bothers me most
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 07:02
I agree. Can you upload some photo of yours please? I would like to compare it with mine. This area bothers me most [view_image]

The area in yellow also.
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

I agree. Can you upload some photo of yours please? I would like to compare it with mine. This area bothers me most [view_image]

The area in Yellow is also bad.
2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-31 07:24
[view_image]

The area in Yellow is also bad.

Yop, well...I'm gonna have to do something about it, thanks
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Here is one I shot recently with the new Air.
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 07:28
Yop, well...I'm gonna have to do something about it, thanks

I can't figure out how to delete a post in here and I uploaded a too small version of this so here it is again full size.
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft

Hello guys, I made some more pictures. I reset all settings and reinstalled DJI Go.
Looking at your pictures I have to say that yours look so much better compared to mine in my opinion.

Please check them here: (JPGs + DNGs)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2piee ... 9WXYqAHvvJXJMa?dl=0

2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-31 07:37
[view_image]

I can't figure out how to delete a post in here and I uploaded a too small version of this so here it is again full size.

You can't delete it, just edit.  Mmmm it doesn't look like full size
2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 09:48
Hello guys, I made some more pictures. I reset all settings and reinstalled DJI Go.
Looking at your pictures I have to say that yours look so much better compared to mine in my opinion.

Mmmm...DJI_0576 doesn't look "that" bad I think, but yeah there are some soft spots. DJI_0575 does look bad, especially around those chimneys. You are shooting in 16:10 ratio, original is 4:3 - I just want to point out for no reason )

2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 10:26
You can't delete it, just edit.  Mmmm it doesn't look like full size

Weird, you are right.  Not sure why though, I exported it full size.  
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Belgium

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 13:23
Mmmm...DJI_0576 doesn't look "that" bad I think, but yeah there are some soft spots. DJI_0575 does look bad, especially around those chimneys. You are shooting in 16:10 ratio, original is 4:3 - I just want to point out for no reason )

[view_image]

About that 16:9: Yes I normally take pictures in 4:3, I just had it at 16:9 because I was doing a Hyperlapse before and forgot the change it back.

Do you think that the quality in those pictures are bad enough to open a case? If you check the lates response here, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534 , Susan said the pictures would be normal (which in my opinion is not because the soft spots are unconsistent and not due to the distance of the houses because then every house at the same distance would have the blurness and not only on certain spots)
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-31 13:23

[view_image]

Shooting in 16/9 will crop out some of the soft areas which is why this image isn't as bad as it could be I suspect.  The full 4/3 would show a lot more blurry areas.
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 09:48

I took a look and my new Air is overall much sharper than most of all of your image, not just in the soft areas but the entire image looks better.  I would say that once you get one that is fixed, the overall shot looks better as well.
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-31 22:16
I took a look and my new Air is overall much sharper than most of all of your image, not just in the soft areas but the entire image looks better.  I would say that once you get one that is fixed, the overall shot looks better as well.

The problem is (as I stated in my comment) that DJI says there would be no error.
Are your pictures still much better if the distance is similar to mine?

I will take some more pictures in 4:3 and mark every soft spot to prove my point.
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 22:27
The problem is (as I stated in my comment) that DJI says there would be no error.
Are your pictures still much better if the distance is similar to mine?

Yes, the sharpness is better overall, regardless of distance.
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-31 22:40
Yes, the sharpness is better overall, regardless of distance.

But how do I prove that it's not sharp enough?
What are your camera settings? Maybe you got an +1 in sharpness?
I don't really know how to show DJI that the picture is not satisfying quality wise and that it might be a hardware problem?
2018-5-31
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 22:43
But how do I prove that it's not sharp enough?
What are your camera settings? Maybe you got an +1 in sharpness?
I don't really know how to show DJI that the picture is not satisfying quality wise and that it might be a hardware problem?

I just created a support ticket and they had me send it in.  
2018-5-31
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-31 22:46
I just created a support ticket and they had me send it in.

In your case, it was obvious (judging by the first images you posted in here), in my case it's not that obvious I guess. Like I said, in the topic I created, DJI Susan said that everything looks normal, sadly.
2018-5-31
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

In my case, I took pictures in 4:3, all auto, style 0,0,0 with different angles with strong light also saved with raw. You can do that and log to your ticket. Good luck
2018-5-31
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-31 22:13
Shooting in 16/9 will crop out some of the soft areas which is why this image isn't as bad as it could be I suspect.  The full 4/3 would show a lot more blurry areas.

Yop exactly
2018-6-1
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

saviour Posted at 2018-5-31 21:16
About that 16:9: Yes I normally take pictures in 4:3, I just had it at 16:9 because I was doing a Hyperlapse before and forgot the change it back.

Do you think that the quality in those pictures are bad enough to open a case? If you check the lates response here, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=150571&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534%26typeid%3D534 , Susan said the pictures would be normal (which in my opinion is not because the soft spots are unconsistent and not due to the distance of the houses because then every house at the same distance would have the blurness and not only on certain spots)

I totally agree, it's weird and I would like to know answer too because I'm also thinking about opening case.
2018-6-1
Use props
saviour
Second Officer

I've taken some new pictures now in 4:3. Would appreciate if you analyzed them.
(You did a great job with that yellow and red square showing the soft spots!)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8jhil ... r894TgQLIL1cRa?dl=0
2018-6-1
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

saviour Posted at 2018-6-1 06:35
I've taken some new pictures now in 4:3. Would appreciate if you analyzed them.
(You did a great job with that yellow and red square showing the soft spots!)

I looked very carefully and I don't see any issues with your photos.  #0586 is a perfect example of one that if you were going to have an issue, you would clearly be able to see it..  I'm not sure if you shot in RAW or Jpg with these  (it matters because the jpg would have had some sharpening applied in camera usually. but if these where how my Air had looked when I first got it, I wouldn't have sent it in for repair, it looks about as good as you can expect for a flying camera of this size and price.
2018-6-1
Use props
saviour
Second Officer

Samphoto Posted at 2018-6-1 16:50
I looked very carefully and I don't see any issues with your photos.  #0586 is a perfect example of one that if you were going to have an issue, you would clearly be able to see it..  I'm not sure if you shot in RAW or Jpg with these  (it matters because the jpg would have had some sharpening applied in camera usually. but if these where how my Air had looked when I first got it, I wouldn't have sent it in for repair, it looks about as good as you can expect for a flying camera of this size and price.

Thanks for your reply,

they are both, in JPG and DNG as you can see in the folder. To be honest, I agree with you, the pictures look fine, but still strange that I had soft spots in the other examples I posted before.

Still, if you take a look at my panoramas, there is an issue with the exposure, the same problem as the guy in here (https://forum.dji.com/thread-144560-1-1.html). In the end he sent his drone in to get his lens replaced.
2018-6-2
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Yea I didn't find a problem too
2018-6-2
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

I think it has to do something with distance too, at least in my case. If you can take a look at this video (in 4k), tower on the right side is sharp whole time. Tower on the left side is not sharp from the beginning of the video and became sharp for the last three seconds? Including that cobblestone. Unedited video looks exactly the same, it's just speed up and there is stabilization applied, but it doesn't have impact on sharpness.
2018-6-2
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Axeli Posted at 2018-6-2 00:41
I think it has to do something with distance too, at least in my case. If you can take a look at this video (in 4k), tower on the right side is sharp whole time. Tower on the left side is not sharp from the beginning of the video and became sharp for the last three seconds? Including that cobblestone. Unedited video looks exactly the same, it's just speed up and there is stabilization applied, but it doesn't have impact on sharpness.

I don't see how it can have anything to do with distance when you have a fixed focus lens that has a fixed aperture and therefor fixed DOF.  The problem seems to be either with the Gimbal causing vibration (probably since it is very difficult to reproduce while on the ground) or a misaligned sensor.  I'm thinking in your case, it is vibration related, maybe the air smoothed out a bit as you got closer.  I hadn't done any video testing, only stills but my stills were always blurry in exactly the same place no matter the distance.
2018-6-5
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Exactly, so I think it's blurry all the time and it's just more visible from large distance. I will definitely take some shots from hand and we will see.
2018-6-5
Use props
fansa4debd8f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281480 ft
Italy

I have the same problem, did someone solve sending it? how much time passes? I need it for July 10th
https://imgur.com/a/HuvFtgc
2018-6-9
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

fansa4debd8f Posted at 2018-6-9 05:50
I have the same problem, did someone solve sending it? how much time passes? I need it for July 10th
https://imgur.com/a/HuvFtgc

Yes, all of us who have sent it in for repair have eventually (I needed two tries) received an excellent image quality cantabile Mavic Air.  In my case it took about 2 weeks.
2018-6-9
Use props
fansa4debd8f
lvl.2
Italy

Samphoto Posted at 2018-6-9 15:26
Yes, all of us who have sent it in for repair have eventually (I needed two tries) received an excellent image quality cantabile Mavic Air.  In my case it took about 2 weeks.

nothing has changed it but this blurs even more

https://i.imgur.com/Q2p0iOW.jpg

how can I do?   
2018-6-21
Use props
fansa4debd8f
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-16 00:15
Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know you have figured this out timely. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

i have a same problem I sent for the same reason but  was given back  new  drone  but  camera  it is more blurred than the one I had sent
, what can I do?
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa4debd8f Posted at 2018-6-21 06:01
i have a same problem I sent for the same reason but  was given back  new  drone  but  camera  it is more blurred than the one I had sent
, what can I do?

Sorry for the late response. We've read your new post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-153577-1-1.html Please keep us posted on your own post, thanks so much!
2018-6-29
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

fans4a0b1b27 Posted at 2018-5-2 23:03
New Air arrived with the same issue, maybe slightly less but still there.  That one is on it's way back to DJI right now.  This is frustrating how many trips it needs to get it right.  At least DJI is paying for the freight.

Are you using  "Photos" app on Windows 10 by any chance to view your photos?
I had exact the same issue as you, and almost returned my Mavic Air before I found out about the problem with the standard image viewer in Windows 10. Changed the Image viewer with another one and now everything is crisp and sharp.
The strange part is that the Photos app works flawlessly with my Canon 6D pictures, and blurs only my Mavic Air images.

Here is a link about the problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en ... 1a2d2922dd0c?page=1
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_DuIb7spJSUOb
New
Flight distance : 37290 ft
Canada

Hi Guys,

I shot some images in the Philippines with my new Mavic Air. I just took a look at the images now, as I am going back to shoot more. I was horrified to see that every single shot is soft about 2/3 of the way to the left edge. The lens is sharper at the edges than this area.

I'm a professional photographer and this makes my entire shoot wasted. Thousands of dollars wasted. I just wrote to DJI, but am leaving in a few days to shoot there again. What has DJI done to fix this, do they send a replacement right away?

I will try to post a sample. This is the screenshot of the center of an image. I had to compress it to fit this forum. Note the left side is mostly soft, while the right side is sharp.

Many thanks for all your feedback.

Stu
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_DuIb7spJSUOb
New
Flight distance : 37290 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-16 00:15
Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know you have figured this out timely. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Hi Susan,

I just had a chance to look at my first shoot with my brand new DJI mavic air, and I was horrified to see every single image is soft near the center left. I don't think this is repairable, eight bad lens alignment, or the sensor is not flat??

Anyway, I'm a pro photographer, and my whole aerial shoots are a complete waste and a lost of thousands of dollars. I can't show any of the aerials to the clients. I need to go back to shoot in the Philippines in a few days and need an Air that has perfect sharpness across the field. Can DJI ship a replacement ASAP and I can ship this defective unit back to you? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Stu
www.studeeo.com
www.instagram.com/travel.shooter

I just posted at the bottom of this thread, and included a screenshot of one of the images taken from the center. I also wrote DJI and attached a sample image.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_DuIb7spJSUOb Posted at 2018-9-4 00:34
Hi Susan,

I just had a chance to look at my first shoot with my brand new DJI mavic air, and I was horrified to see every single image is soft near the center left. I don't think this is repairable, eight bad lens alignment, or the sensor is not flat??

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, have you tried to reset the camera settings to check? If yes, please kindly provide us the original pictures in the SD card and the ticket number when you contacted our support? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules