Phantom 2 charger led on green when battery still charges
2746 6 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello,
I have a question about the led on the charger of the Phantom 2. It should be red when charging, and green when full or disconnected.
Yesterday i charged 2 batterys, both around 25% when starting to charge. I have 2 official DJI chargers, so i can charge at the same time. Then i noticed after one hour, 1 charger led was green, but the battery level indicators were still flashing for another 25 minutes, then the battery shuts off and is full. Did it charge correctly? It shows 100% full tough.
The other charger stayed red for the full charge, and went green at the same time the battery stopt charging.

My question, is there a problem here? Or is this normal? Could it be that the battery was maybe balancing, and therefore had such a low current that the charger already went to green led?

2015-5-5
Use props
danrok
lvl.1

Jersey

Pretty sure mine show a green LED whilst charging.

Either way, you could fit the battery, connect the Phantom to your computer via the USB data port and use the assistant program to see the condition and charge of the battery.
2015-5-5
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Yes, the battery was fully charged when it shut itself off. as the battery charges and as each 1/4 is charged it progresses with a green blinking light through all four quarters. 25, 50 . 75 and 100 charge indicators. then it shuts down. At that point unplug as you are 100 percent charged. Push the indicator on the battery and all 4 led's should show green.
2015-5-5
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

Yes, it shows 100% charged. I just wondered why the led on charger(not the battery) was green instead of red while the battery was still charging for another 25 minutes. But its probably nothing to worry about i guess.
2015-5-5
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Jackvg Posted at 2015-5-6 03:33
Yes, it shows 100% charged. I just wondered why the led on charger(not the battery) was green instea ...

That just shows you have power going to the charger. When you unplug it, the led goes out.
2015-5-5
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

This time with picture. Battery charges (i think???) for another 25 minutes, and keeps flashing. Charger had LED green, which means disconnected or full charge. So is it charging or not?

2015-5-8
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

You must not be using Smart Batteries.  The information you want are the lights on the battery NOT the charger.  You can ignore it.
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules