Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SPARK IS ACTING CRAZY DURING TAKE OFF!
9350 55 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Sure would be nice if someone from DJI spoke up on this some more....  I am expecting my Spark to arrive in the near future, this is not inspiring a great deal of confidence for me right now.
2018-3-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-3-29 06:46
When you on it, look if it happens ONLY WITH ONE of the batteries.
I had 4 of these with one Spark. And all with only one of 6 batteries.
Coincidence? Maybe!

I thought about it last weekend. I will check this possibility. But I don´t think so as I just bought a brand new battery and I think I had issue with it as well but I'm not sure. I will verify it more carefully.
Thanks for replying.
2018-3-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Northwood Posted at 2018-3-29 06:50
Sure would be nice if someone from DJI spoke up on this some more....  I am expecting my Spark to arrive in the near future, this is not inspiring a great deal of confidence for me right now.

I'd say that's a really bad issue because you never know how it's going to behave during take off. If you watch the posted videos you see that the drone can drop really hard on the floor and the outcome can be sad.
As I said next weekend I will give the last chance before claiming warranty.
2018-3-29
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

check to see how many sat it logs onto, check bottom sensor for dirt, recalibrate IMU and compass.  Hope this helps.
2018-3-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-3-29 08:26
check to see how many sat it logs onto, check bottom sensor for dirt, recalibrate IMU and compass.  Hope this helps.

I've done all of these. Maybe it helped for a while but I'm not sure if it really helped or I wanted it so bad to work that I deceived myself. hahahahahhah
2018-3-29
Use props
Zagoni Attila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86722 ft
Romania

Hello!

Any update on this issue?
I also have this problem, but only with one of the batteries. I tried do discharge completelly the battery then charge it again, it worked for one takeoff, after that, same problem. Tried to start manually, no succes. Calibrated IMU, new set of props, nothing helped. Workaround: bought another set of batteries, this one labelled and used only for download and other non-flying operations, which need drone to turn on.
2018-8-9
Use props
Fltliberty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1899708 ft
United States

Gentleman I have had the same issue I crashed mine after updating the firmware actually it slid down my roof and broke a light lens off no other issues everything work just fine I sent it in to DJI and because it crashed there's no warranty they wanted $373 to repair my drone I went out and bought a new one for Less it also took them 6 weeks before I finally got my drone sent back to me I did a lot of reading in that time the only problem with my drone was the two mounting screws to the gimbal were loose so when you launch the Drone the gimbal moves too fast so it slows it down and then there's not enough power to keep it airborne then it throttles up then the gimbal moves and it throttles down my son and I took the Drone apart and tightened up two screws with a small Phillips screwdriver and there's nothing else wrong with it! I replace the broken lens holder and it flies just fine now I talked with numerous people there and I could not get them to fly the Drone. Because the gimbal moves around on its own I didn't detect that the screws were loose but when I compared it to my new spark I immediately knew what was wrong. DJI, you blew it on this one that should have been a warranty repair
2018-8-11
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Fltliberty Posted at 2018-8-11 09:30
Gentleman I have had the same issue I crashed mine after updating the firmware actually it slid down my roof and broke a light lens off no other issues everything work just fine I sent it in to DJI and because it crashed there's no warranty they wanted $373 to repair my drone I went out and bought a new one for Less it also took them 6 weeks before I finally got my drone sent back to me I did a lot of reading in that time the only problem with my drone was the two mounting screws to the gimbal were loose so when you launch the Drone the gimbal moves too fast so it slows it down and then there's not enough power to keep it airborne then it throttles up then the gimbal moves and it throttles down my son and I took the Drone apart and tightened up two screws with a small Phillips screwdriver and there's nothing else wrong with it! I replace the broken lens holder and it flies just fine now I talked with numerous people there and I could not get them to fly the Drone. Because the gimbal moves around on its own I didn't detect that the screws were loose but when I compared it to my new spark I immediately knew what was wrong. DJI, you blew it on this one that should have been a warranty repair

Wow! This is an amazing find. I dont know if its the same issue with every take-off-failing spark but its really possible.
My way to avoid it is to be really gentle with the throttle when taking off its been working 100% of the time. Most users say its an "energy management issue". Again, I have no clue.
2018-10-3
Use props
fansc2aa61f6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2067139 ft
United States

that sounds like the battery could very well be the problem.
2018-10-4
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

You aren't alone there have been other reports of this happening since the last firmware.
2018-10-4
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

fansc2aa61f6 Posted at 2018-10-4 15:38

All the batteries? I dont think so.
2018-10-5
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

fansc2aa61f6 Posted at 2018-10-4 15:38

All the batteries? I dont think so.
2018-10-5
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-10-4 16:48
You aren't alone there have been other reports of this happening since the last firmware.

I didnt do the last firmware update. As an IOS user I didnt feel it was necessary.
This taking off issue is been following me for a  loooooooong time. It happened on 2 different sparks. So it has nothing to do with the last firmware. Im sure.
The work around I found is to be as gentle as possible on the stick while taking off. Its been working great so far.
Thanks for your input!!!!! I appreciate it!!!!!  
2018-10-5
Use props
Bare Overland
New

United States

I had what appears to be the same problem. Mine was related to dust or debris on the downward sensors that got picked up during the props spinning on take off. I'd clean the sensors prior to take off but it would seem my accessment of the ground wasn't good enough, and there was surface dust hiding, that would flick up onto the sensors. I solved the problem multiple times via launching from a landing pad, however I lost three blades working this all out. I feel abit stupid to be honest haha
2019-8-4
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

How did everything go, back on track?
2019-8-20
Use props
midwest Mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21841 ft
United States

Northwood Posted at 2018-3-29 06:50
Sure would be nice if someone from DJI spoke up on this some more....  I am expecting my Spark to arrive in the near future, this is not inspiring a great deal of confidence for me right now.

I recently have been having a erratic  behavior right after takeoff. Cannot hold a steady height, up and down 2 to 3 feet. The cause of my problem seemed to be my new off brand props. They were stiff and they did not open up all the way every time.  Sometimes they did open so the problem was intermittent.  
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules