Canada DJI Care Refresh Process/Going Through
1885 15 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

Good afternoon,
       I figured I would create a post on the DJI Care Refresh process to outline my experience and show others what you go through when you buy the extra insurance. The main reason I got the DJI Care Refresh was for not only the insurance part but the rapid support. I've understood that DJI has bad support response times which is a pain in the behind. So here is my experience/opinions on my usage for DJI Care Refresh so others get an idea of the process. I will update the post as time goes on.

March 12 12:15pm: Just finish spending an hour chatting with a support rep who was polite & friendly. Advised him I had DJI Care Refresh and he was very quick with responses at first however as time went on, things slowed down.  Sent him photos of my receipt, however, no photos of the drone. All in all, a good experience tho. He said it would be 24-48 hours before I get the shipping label which is scary considering I purchased the DJI Care Refresh for the rapid support and I don't consider 24-48 hours rapid. Hopefully, it is not that long and he was speaking via a script.

2018-3-12
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 720446 ft
Canada

Thanks for the input,

Do you mind sharing the current promotions for a DJI select member? Any special coupons?
2018-3-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

slimharry Posted at 2018-3-12 07:40
Thanks for the input,

Do you mind sharing the current promotions for a DJI select member? Any special coupons?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-139047-1-1.html
2018-3-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have not had my own Care Refresh experience yet and hopefully will never need it but I have had contacts with the online support chat. From that experience I would advise to immediately open a support case with DJI through their website https://www.dji.com/support.
For duration you also have to bear the different time zones in mind.
2018-3-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Chat seemed automated to me when I used it to return a DOA P4P in 2016. Email proved far more effective to get it shipped and returned.
2018-3-12
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

I just discovered I can not edit my original post.

I did try to open a support case thru the website earlier but since I am based in Canada I can not, we Canadians must use the chat/call option.

March 12 3:08PM Update: I got an email saying the tracking number will be coming within 2 business days. Again, not rapid which is what the DJI Care Refresh is all about according to their sales webpage. The email has the policies & procedures of a DJI Warranty Claim. Interestingly enough, DJI is again asking for a copy of the receipt which was previously sent. I've now got my DJI Mavic Pro ready to be shipped back in a box. Just need tracking info.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansae23a175 Posted at 2018-3-12 10:35
I just discovered I can not edit my original post.

I did try to open a support case thru the website earlier but since I am based in Canada I can not, we Canadians must use the chat/call option.

We are sorry for the confusion, it usually takes 2 business days for our logistics to send the shipping label to customers no matter which service is selected, appreciate your understanding, I have contacted the support team to send the shipping label to you as soon as possible. I saw the proof of purchase has been attached in the case, please ignore this item in the email, thank you.
2018-3-12
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

March 12 9:04PM Update: Received the UPS tracking labels but no additional information. Printed the stuff off, and slapped it on the box with the case information.

DJI Mindy: Thanks, however, I don't believe 2 business days to get a label is considered rapid or priority as per https://www.dji.com/service/djic ... ndsite&from=nav
Additionally, the parcel is being sent via Standard UPS service which again is not rapid or priority.
2018-3-13
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

March 13th Update: Received a vmail from a manager about a customer complaint. I assume this post was taken as the complaint. Called back, talked to another individual who set me up for overnight shipping. Good timing as I was sitting outside UPS about to send it standard. Took the old paperwork out and put the new paperwork in and dropped it off for overnight shipping.

Ironically enough, the UPS parcel didn't get shipped out since it was delayed due to weather.
2018-3-14
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

fansae23a175 Posted at 2018-3-14 11:34
March 13th Update: Received a vmail from a manager about a customer complaint. I assume this post was taken as the complaint. Called back, talked to another individual who set me up for overnight shipping. Good timing as I was sitting outside UPS about to send it standard. Took the old paperwork out and put the new paperwork in and dropped it off for overnight shipping.

Ironically enough, the UPS parcel didn't get shipped out since it was delayed due to weather.

the thing is they are very quick to answer to your problems,  but shortly after they want you to take part in a survey inquiring about how satisfied you are with the service, now I got most of my answers from the people that wrote their inputs to my queries,  but yes they are very fast in order to assist you.
2018-3-14
Use props
chrisdolese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288661 ft
United States

do most hold back minor incidents ?  i dinged the fold down foot/antenna on my mavic air

you seem to only get two incidents and no renewal option with dji care refresh for the mavic air - the first 69 and the second 99 dollars iirc  

with the ways its structured i would imagine they see a large percentage back just before expiration for minor issues a customer may have lived with early on
2018-3-14
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

Some updates.

March 19th: DJI Received the parcel. The next day UPS delivery was delayed due to bad weather.

March 20th: A quote was given to me and I had questions about it so I called in. The rep said lots, tho I think she was new and very confused as she kept referencing the service I had selected when I created the support case which we don't have the ability to in Canada....we have to have someone from DJI create a support case as creating tickets or cases is not an option for Canadians.
None the less, she informed me to pay the $79 to move it forward. I asked about taking payment over the phone as I was traveling and she said no you have to use Paypal.
I asked how long it'll take for me to get the new drone and she said 4-5 business days for them to look at it and debate if they are going to fix it or send me a new one.

I asked again about the word DJI Care Refresh being Rapid and she said that there is no rapid option for Canada as that would be the Rapid service which I did not select when creating the support case.. So now they are looking into if they are going to repair my drone or send me a new one. I thought the DJI Care Refresh was to get me a new drone rapidly which isn't the case apparently.

So far, the entire process is rather disappointing. The word rapid is clearly used on the DJI website and I don't consider a week to be rapid.
2018-3-21
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

Seems I was a bit slow on my edit. Here is the new post.

Some updates.

March 19th: DJI Received the parcel. The next day UPS delivery was delayed due to bad weather.

March 20th: A quote was given to me and I had questions about it so I called in. The rep said lots, tho I think she was new and very confused as she kept referencing the service I had selected when I created the support case which we don't have the ability to in Canada....we have to have someone from DJI create a support case as creating tickets or cases is not an option for Canadians.
None the less, she informed me to pay the $79 to move it forward. I asked about taking payment over the phone as I was traveling and she said no you have to use Paypal.
I asked how long it'll take for me to get the new drone and she said 4-5 business days for them to look at it and debate if they are going to fix it or send me a new one.

I asked again about the word DJI Care Refresh being Rapid and she said that there is no rapid option for Canada as that would be the Rapid service which I did not select when creating the support case.. So now they are looking into if they are going to repair my drone or send me a new one. I thought the DJI Care Refresh was to get me a new drone rapidly which isn't the case apparently.

So far, the entire process is rather disappointing. The word rapid is clearly used on the DJI website and I don't consider a week to be rapid.
2018-3-21
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

March 22 at 6:11PM Received an email saying the drone has been repaired and will be shipped out in 1-2 business days.
March 23 at 11:00AM Received an email saying the drone has been shipped.
March 23 at 12:05AM Received an email from UPS with tracking information. It is being shipped to me UPS standard with an ETA of April 3rd.
2018-3-23
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

April 4th: 3:53pm: Received the drone back.

Total downtime = 3 weeks.

DJI Care Refresh is advertised as a rapid service. "DJI Care Refresh - Keep Flying".

"Rapid Support - Enjoy priority service for receiving a replacement device, helping you get back in the air sooner"

This experience has been anything but rapid. Infact, I'd go as far as saying this is garbage service that I feel ripped off on.

DJI you need to do better.
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_2c5v4XxzYUZs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266650 ft
Canada

fansae23a175 Posted at 2018-4-4 10:55
April 4th: 3:53pm: Received the drone back.

Total downtime = 3 weeks.

you complain too much smh ..you said it yourself that you’re travelling - why the haste needed on the drone?
2021-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules