977 8 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the P4P+ for a few weeks now but only just started really using it this past weekend. A few questions

1. I see it's mentioned a few times but the newest firmware to address the inverted colors - is it causing issues with connecting? I bought the P4P+ specifically to get rid of my phone/tablet but i had a hell of a time keeping a strong connection and actually had more "antenna" issues than i do on the mavic pro.

2. What is the main difference between 2.4 and 5.8? I don't know which one I should be using, is 2.4 have a longer ranger? I flew about 800 ft out and immediately started to have warnings that the controller had a weak connection. However, when i was doing close manuvering, it seemed the 5.8 frequency had a more stable connection?? (which totally doesn't make sense)

3. Ran into a few boot ups where the Gimbal would not stay locked. My only solution was to keep rebooting until the camera would lock into position. (usually it would run it's gimbal test, so the servos are running and afterwards it woudl go into limp/relaxed mode)

other than that, I am loving the P4P+ as the camera work is signifcantly better.

The only odd thing i find is, there is no way for me to start the P4P+ in grass. The camera almost touches the ground so if it's slightly uneven or if there is grass sticking up. it won't calibrate. So my only solution is to launch from my hand holding it up - but then the leveling of the gimbal is off and i have to change / adjust the plane afterwards.
2018-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ FW appears to have sorted this

2/ you will get a lot less interference using 5.8ghz although some say not as much range I believe in the US it should make little difference, in urban areas it might be wise to use 5.8ghz and try 2.4ghz in open areas see how you get on.

3/ you shouldn’t need to reboot aircraft , I suggest doing a gimbal calibration or IMU calibration or both, if doing IMU I suggest you leave Aircraft in a cold room or outside for 30 minutes or so.

Get a landing mat or just a simple piece of cardboard.
2018-3-12
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-12 11:58
1/ FW appears to have sorted this

2/ you will get a lot less interference using 5.8ghz although some say not as much range I believe in the US it should make little difference, in urban areas it might be wise to use 5.8ghz and try 2.4ghz in open areas see how you get on.

1. so i have the most recent FW update. The inverted image is gone, which is why i was flying.

However, i am losing connection to the remote....ALOT

2. I was having very bad interferance with 2.4 so i swapped to 5.8 which made it smoother when it was close by but i couldn't get further than 1000 ft without the signal saying it was weak.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Andie_the_Lab Posted at 2018-3-12 12:07
1. so i have the most recent FW update. The inverted image is gone, which is why i was flying.

However, i am losing connection to the remote....ALOT

Are you getting any types of notifications on interference? 5.8 is a better frequency if you are in an area where there is much interference.  Make sure you restart the product when you update the firmware. If you still have an issue, send me a personal message so we can evaluate further.

2018-3-12
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 12:18
Are you getting any types of notifications on interference? 5.8 is a better frequency if you are in an area where there is much interference.  Make sure you restart the product when you update the firmware. If you still have an issue, send me a personal message so we can evaluate further.

[view_image]

I am getting weak transmission signal. that is why I am asking if i should just leave it in 2.4 or 5.8 always?

I will go to another location and do similar test - but even at close range, the DJI controller kept on having glitchy video transmission.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Andie_the_Lab Posted at 2018-3-12 12:48
I am getting weak transmission signal. that is why I am asking if i should just leave it in 2.4 or 5.8 always?

I will go to another location and do similar test - but even at close range, the DJI controller kept on having glitchy video transmission.

If you are in a city environment, consider 5.8 GHZ. Somewhere there is interference and 5.8 GHZ will provide a better transmission. After flying in a different spot, if this remains, you can send me a personal message and I will do my best to assist you.
2018-3-12
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 13:35
If you are in a city environment, consider 5.8 GHZ. Somewhere there is interference and 5.8 GHZ will provide a better transmission. After flying in a different spot, if this remains, you can send me a personal message and I will do my best to assist you.

Thank you.

I also forgot to mention, first time i see this warning. I got a battery surge warning yesterday in flight as well. That was quite scary because it was the same time 5.8 freq was having issues so I was flying blind.

What causes a surge?
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Did you review to see if there is an battery cell errors in the app?  You may want to fly with a different battery to see if this issue is ongoing. If it is, there may be a problem within the aircraft itself. If you see a battery cell error in the app, the issue is within the battery. It may also be a one time notification. I would fly with care at first to see if this issue is ongoing or not.
2018-3-13
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-13 10:25
Did you review to see if there is an battery cell errors in the app?  You may want to fly with a different battery to see if this issue is ongoing. If it is, there may be a problem within the aircraft itself. If you see a battery cell error in the app, the issue is within the battery. It may also be a one time notification. I would fly with care at first to see if this issue is ongoing or not.

I stupidly didn't mark which battery it was - and I have 4 high capacity batteries

I'll have to fly and see if i can recreate and pinpoint which battery it was.

Also, 5.8 frequency should always be 90 degree antennae right?
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules