Sport mode slow flying
3093 23 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N9IWJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28973 ft
United States

Ok I have a Spark only getting about 11-12 mph in sport mode, seeing 25-30 mph by others in sport mode
I have researched every video I can find, seeing some flying 45 mph in super sport mode even , whatever that is
first all updates in app DJI go 4 and updates to batteries and drone (Spark)
only getting 5.8 wi-fi mode not allowed to switch to 2.4 for further disatance wi-fi, am I maybe stuck in CE mode somehow?
Flying in USA Tenn, with I-pad mini 4 I bought just for the drone, wi-fi only model no cellular, running Ios 11
I'm seeing some guys in other countries are using an app called fake GPS to get into FCC mode
burned up a few batteries researching setup in app, my  beginner mode off and flight speed set to max but still only 12 mph tops
any ideas I give up a little lost at this point
thanks so much for your helping , I really appreciate it, Bob

2018-3-12
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361552 ft
United States

You will need the RC for Sports Mode "Maximum flight speed requires operating Spark with a Spark remote controller"
"S Mode is only available with a Spark remote controller. S Mode is disabled when using with a mobile device" page 9 in the manual

2018-3-12
Use props
N9IWJ
lvl.2
United States

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-3-12 12:25
You will need the RC for Sports Mode  "Maximum flight speed requires operating Spark with a Spark remote controller"
"S Mode is only available with a Spark remote controller. S Mode is disabled when using with a mobile device" page 9 in the manual

I have the remote this is the problem cannot change settings in app
2018-3-12
Use props
N9IWJ
lvl.2
United States

guess I should have said using remote controller also sport mode slow speed?
2018-3-12
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

N9IWJ Posted at 2018-3-12 12:37
guess I should have said using remote controller also sport mode slow speed?

ahhhh gotcha, no prob, here is a couple threads to see if either one helps you.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-107932-1-1.html

and this one too....
https://forum.dji.com/thread-103780-1-1.html

2018-3-12
Use props
N9IWJ
lvl.2
United States

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-3-12 13:03
ahhhh gotcha, no prob, here is a couple threads to see if either one helps you.

Thanks so much flew a few batteries today testing did all of that stuff still only 12 mph pretty weird
but yes I appreciate the help
2018-3-13
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

N9IWJ Posted at 2018-3-13 16:45
Thanks so much flew a few batteries today testing did all of that stuff still only 12 mph pretty weird

That is odd, I am assuming you also have everything updated with latest FW...Hopefully someone else can chime in that might have come across this issue using Sport on the RC...
2018-3-14
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

N9IWJ Posted at 2018-3-13 16:45
Thanks so much flew a few batteries today testing did all of that stuff still only 12 mph pretty weird

When you flip the switch on the RC, does the display in DJI Go 4 change and indicate it has gone into Sport Mode?
2018-3-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

How slow is it flying in P Mode?
Have you checked the stick sensitivity?
2018-3-14
Use props
N9IWJ
lvl.2
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-14 04:35
When you flip the switch on the RC, does the display in DJI Go 4 change and indicate it has gone into Sport Mode?

Kloo no it does not any longer indicate I'm going to sport mode, which it used t do, I just leave sport on all the time , but a few guys said to switch on off a few times no indication of change

Next link yes I recalibrated everything still only 11-12 mph what are you guys getting ? I think it used to do about 22-25 mph I have even had it up to 41 mph going downwind in past

Kloo update just turned on spark controller and ipad mini4 in  remote controller settings when I tap reset flight controller seeings nothing happens
when I'm on standard  screen viewing camera and swith from normal to sport the extra button on left comes up for all special gesture mode when sport is turned off
when I slide  on sport button this goes away so controller knows I'm switching but no where on screen does ir say sport mode on be careful like it used to , at least I think it used to say this
in controller menu in setup when I hit reset it just says it will not reset, that it failed?"

go 4 version 4.2.5
2018-3-14
Use props
N9IWJ
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-3-14 04:49
How slow is it flying in P Mode?
Have you checked the stick sensitivity?

S-E-ven 11-12 mph max , and  yes recalibarated several time for sticks , flight speed set to max
but when I try to reset   it just says reset has not been done it won't allow it
2018-3-14
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The latest Go 4 is 4.2.6...
2018-3-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, did you ever fly with or are you actual using a otg cabel?
If not, get one and check, maybe you have TO activate "multiple flight modes"

looks to me, your "softswitch" is not green, which will disable our (Spark-RC) P-Sport switch

Ignopre the PAF switch, that is Phantom and such.
Just our two-way switch is activating also with the softswitch.
Which we should not see at all, but do with OTG cable
And can switch it off, this way
2018-3-14
Use props
N9IWJ
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-3-14 10:30
Ok, did you ever fly with or are you actual using a otg cabel?
If not, get one and check, maybe you have activate "multiple flight modes"
[view_image]

S-E-ven not sure what your showing me this is a Spark and the dispaly you show on your App is different then mine.I don't have the selections you do, I'm running now 4.2.6
also I use the OTG most of the time to avoid video lag . otherwise it has a lot of lag
2018-3-14
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Did you try taking off in P-mode and than switching to sport mode?
2018-3-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

So you are on iOS, right? Or you are not using the cable right now!
Anyone on android used your bird?
Anyway:
If you cant see this "switch" with cabel on iOS, check this switch with otg cable on an android device.
I think it is off, b/c your hardware switch on RC is not functional
2018-3-14
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe this was already suggested but you cannot start the Spark in Sport mode. Must switch it to Sport mode after you launch. Just flip the switch left, then back right for Sport. Maybe???
2018-3-14
Use props
N9IWJ
lvl.2
United States

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-3-12 13:03
ahhhh gotcha, no prob, here is a couple threads to see if either one helps you.

Well it's fixed, i appreciate your help so very much
FlyinMajic2day
Kloo Gee
S-e-ven
Rustic
Iomo2017
Bing Err
Thanks all you guys for helping , I updated app to latest, and data base, and as Bing Err advised put it in sport after launching, sucker crusing about 31 mph easily again have no idea why though but it works good again and can get to there much quicker again to get more video of what I want
I just wonder if it was because I refused to update fly database if it held me back on speed , only thing I was not updating because of all the problems that have been mentioned about not being able to fly
thanks again all== waitng for Mavic pro 2 to upgrade down the road have a good one all, Bob
2018-3-15
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

Great to hear the fix and was excited to see some experience chime in to the thread to assist. I am constantly learning from this forum and always start here first if I want to learn something or find a fix....Good day to all and happy flyin....I am looking forward to more testing with my refurbished Spark I just received from Care Refresh....yes, I crashed my brand new first drone like an idiot would, lol....still crying at times
2018-3-15
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-14 04:35
When you flip the switch on the RC, does the display in DJI Go 4 change and indicate it has gone into Sport Mode?

On a separate note, Thank You for your Spark Vids Enjoyed and helped me to get a better understanding and setup when I received my Spark as a Christmas gift...
2018-3-15
Use props
djiuser_1eD0H0uTLqgS
New
Flight distance : 8671 ft
Brazil

Please allow me a related question :  I am using a Samsung tablet attached to the RC with a OTG cable  (indeed the time delay on screen improved ) however some on screen data  (altitude, distance etc and  RTH are not active on screen. Is that normal? What can I do to improve?  Thanks in advance.  Best rgds Pieter
2018-3-15
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

djiuser_1eD0H0uTLqgS Posted at 2018-3-15 14:06
Please allow me a related question :  I am using a Samsung tablet attached to the RC with a OTG cable  (indeed the time delay on screen improved ) however some on screen data  (altitude, distance etc and  RTH are not active on screen. Is that normal? What can I do to improve?  Thanks in advance.  Best rgds Pieter

OTG cable is not working in any Android DJI GO 4 app after version 4.1.15.

There are places on the interwebs where you can find old versions, a little searching will turn them up.

Remember, you would be using an old out of maintenance app & DJI does not recommend doing so but nor do they recommend using OTG cables at the moment ;)  There are lots of people here who do this, including me but we know we're flying rogue, so to speak.

Happy Landings!
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's really nice to know this has been addressed out timely. Wish you have a good time on flying.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_1eD0H0uTLqgS Posted at 2018-3-15 14:06

Pieter, OTG cable is still not recommended at this moment. our engineers are working on this. We will release on our website as long as there is any update. Thanks for your attention.
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules