Aftermarket props
1360 7 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

I bought a set of aftermarket prop from an online company what a misstake.
Did a hover no problem flew out about 20 feet and about 15 feet high and they came off.
Spark feel to the ground ended up getting an error 71
I did a factory reset and all was good I think I lucked out on this one reading all the error 71 horror stories you have to
send it in.

Lesson learned stick with DJI factory props.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Glad your product is ok. After market products always present a gamble. Glad everything worked out ok.
2018-3-12
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 12:41
Glad your product is ok. After market products always present a gamble. Glad everything worked out ok.

Thank You.
2018-3-12
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Yikes.  I was considering aftermarket props, but they seem pretty important in the grand scheme of things!
2018-3-12
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

I was looking for a source for the props that didn't involve a $10 shipping charge.  I had a coupon code that gave me free shipping but, only on 1 set of props so I used it and they came in a box that was almost 1 foot cubed, with two air bubble things in it.  The props could have definitely been sent in something more economical.  Also, I feel that DJI should just offer free shipping on something so fragile yet so necessary for flight.  

Morel of the story, what is the best way to purchase props?
2018-3-13
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I use Amazon and buy DJI props...why risk getting the third party product.  Shipping is free and if you're Prime you get it in two days.
2018-3-13
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-13 22:13
I use Amazon and buy DJI props...why risk getting the third party product.  Shipping is free and if you're Prime you get it in two days.

I had purchased two sets of aftermarket props, and when I got them, they looked exactly like the originals, I really didn't know how to tell the difference. But after having them installed to test them, I had to throw away both sets: They were all slightly unbalanced, and made my Spark vibrate a lot, even when I just installed one at a time and let the motors run at "idle" speed. I didn't want to ruin my motors to save a few $$ on cheaper props, so after having tested tested each of the props individually (only one was acceptable, but still not good), it was an easy decision.

I guess my advice would be to use third party products only for non-essential / non-moving parts, like filters, battery holding clips, landing gear and stuff like that...
2018-3-13
Use props
mattdswartz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21604 ft
United States

Anyone tried carbon fiber? I'm tired of the OEM props frailty.
2020-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules