2456 20 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AidoH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

Hi All

I hadn't flown in a few weeks, and I went to fly last week and whilst flying the video feed back kept pausing and looking all pixelated.  If I took a photo is was nice and clear when I reviewed it later.  I then flew again the other day and in a nice open area and again video was not clear and when I got about 5om from me the drone disconnected.  It worked as should and commenced return to home.  When it got above me it reconnected, so I went out again only for the same thing to happen, so I landed this time and put it away.  I had a clear line of sight and only trees near me no buildings.
The mavic pro had been flying perfectly and I have not had these issues int he past.  The only thing I can think of is I did do a firmware update and I have not flown since then.  Anyone else have these problems recently?
cheers
Adrian

2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Adrian, may I know the mobile device you are using? Please check if the original video will also have the same issue, if no, it might relate to the mobile device or environment, please make sure that your app had also updated, make sure that the device will not become too hot when running the app, and try to select a channel with less interference on the HD settings, try to refresh the firmware of the RC and AC, please also try another mobile device. Or the drone disconnect issue, please try to adjust the antennas,  the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. If it doesn't help, I suggest sending the drone in for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-12
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Thor, I’m using galaxy s5, same phone as always have used. I am not doing anything different to any other flights that I had no issues with. When I review photos or video on the sd card they are nice and clear, it appears to be a transmission issue.
2018-3-12
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Australia

Had a fly tonight and everything was working perfect. I followed a post I found somewhere that suggested turn on USB debugging and resetting USB defaults. Will see how it goes over next few flights.
2018-3-13
Use props
Surfcurran
New
United States

AidoH Posted at 2018-3-13 00:44
Had a fly tonight and everything was working perfect. I followed a post I found somewhere that suggested turn on USB debugging and resetting USB defaults. Will see how it goes over next few flights.

I'm having the same image pixillation problem only mine records the same way I see it on the phone screen.  Any help DJI?
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Surfcurran Posted at 2018-8-5 15:40
I'm having the same image pixillation problem only mine records the same way I see it on the phone screen.  Any help DJI?

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the issue persists on the SD card files? What phone are you using? May we have the version of the aircraft' firmware as well as the DJI Go 4 app? Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-8-6
Use props
Copper Octopus
New
Flight distance : 172615 ft

Dear DJI Tony, Thor, Natalia, and whomever else:  Like these other people, there is nothing different that we have been doing.  Suddenly it is the Mavic Pro that is sending pixelated images.
Why are you asking us to jump through all of these hoops when so many people are reporting the same problem?  It's very frustrating.  These drones are not cheap toys and for the money we spend and the quality we expect, we should not have to worry about whether we are checking SD card files, air temperature, caches, firmware retrogrades, switching to different mobile devices (really?) and so on.

Obviously, something DJI has done has ruined many peoples' flying experience or otherwise made it impossible, as mine is.  
This pixelization problem stinks and you should fix it yesterday.

2018-8-11
Use props
GMD632
lvl.1

United States

I had 2 P3s. Bought the mavic and loved it, till the pixilarion started. Apparently the only fix is to back to 4.1.15 on the Go 4 app. I use a galaxy S5. I was going to buy the M2P but if they can't fix the app for MP I won't take the chance for that much money if they cant fix the MP.
2018-10-4
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

It’s not the app, it’s the device.
If you have a good device then the latest app version works perfectly without any issues whatsoever.
For example on my iPad Air 2 I run the latest 4.3.3 no problem,
But on my Samsung galaxy s 6 after 4.2.16 it became unusable, short range, disconnects and bad pixelation issue. So I downgraded to 4.1.15 on that phone.
So if you have a very good device then you can run the latest app version without any problems

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-4
Use props
GMD632
lvl.1

United States

Okay so... will the S7 or S8 work? How about the Pixle. Don't want to go i.
2018-10-5
Use props
GMD632
lvl.1

United States

I just want to fly my mavic pro. Can anyone tell me a phone that will fly using Go 4 without ANY pixilation? Apparently S5 and S6 do not. Which phones will?
2018-10-6
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

GMD632 Posted at 2018-10-6 05:07
I just want to fly my mavic pro. Can anyone tell me a phone that will fly using Go 4 without ANY pixilation? Apparently S5 and S6 do not. Which phones will?

If you have pixelation issues, then you just need to downgrade your app version.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-6
Use props
GMD632
lvl.1

United States

Alex, thanks did that. Now it disconnects while flying.
Tired of the crap. If a newer phone will work I'll buy one so I can fly using the latest SW and fw with no connection problems. Flew the P3s for two years no problems. Upgraded for a better experience and have had nightmares for my extra money and trouble. I just want to make sure any new phone will play the best and fly without problems b4 I spring. You said your ipad air 2 works flawlessly.  I'm considering that strongly.
2018-10-6
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Australia

Unfortuantely I had the issues return again.  Usually the oictures on the sd card are ok, occasionally some of them are rubbish.  I have just updated my phone from the S5 to the S8 so hopefully will do a flight soon and give it a test.
2018-10-8
Use props
GMD632
lvl.1

United States

I would really like to know if it Flys with no issues with the S8. PLEASE let me know.
2018-10-24
Use props
GMD632
lvl.1

United States

AidoH Posted at 2018-10-8 15:47
Unfortuantely I had the issues return again.  Usually the oictures on the sd card are ok, occasionally some of them are rubbish.  I have just updated my phone from the S5 to the S8 so hopefully will do a flight soon and give it a test.

Did the S8 work?
2018-10-25
Use props
FantomAerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299 ft
United States

I use my S8 with my M2Z with no issues.
2018-10-25
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Australia

Sorry for the late reply.  I have now had a couple of flights witht he S8 and had no issues.  So far so good, looks like the S5 is a bit slow to run the updated app.
2018-11-11
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Australia

Justa further update, I have had lots of flights now since upgrading the phone to the Galaxy S8 and have not had one issue.  The video feed is nice and clear and no lagging or pixelating.  I am guessing the old S5 was not powerful enough to run the GoApp after all the updates to it over the years.
cheers

Adrian
2019-1-8
Use props
Chevy3717
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1438566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't forget the radio is on "WiFi" could very likely be interference from someones home WiFi or a new device on a nearby network.
2019-1-14
Use props
Richard Auron
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi I have problem with live image on my phone with DJI GO 4.

Do you know, what can be problem?

2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules