Litchi (Vision Plus app) issue
6199 19 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pawry
lvl.4

Poland

Hello.

Today first time I tried to use "Follow me" mode, Everything was fine, batteries fully charged (including wifi extender). Sunny weather and no wind. 8 sattelites, compas callibrated. I took off my phantom manually and switched the mode (default settings 4 m). Phantom has mad, spun around, moving the camera up and down. I ran but did not want to follow me. I turned off the transmitter but he didn't want to came home (yellow lights blinked). Turned on the transmitter but.....  no joystick reactions Suddenly Phantom started fly higher and higher. What to do?... I turned off the app and launched DJI Vision app and again turned off the transmitter -  then he back home.
That was terrible. May it be problem with phantom or app? I don't know. Some one noticed the same?

Pawel

2015-5-5
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I have never tried the function.  I will next time I fly - either today or tomorrow I hope.  It sounds at one point it initiated an RTH which might explain the gain in altitude.
2015-5-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I am guessing that the non genuine apps carry some sort of disclaimer saying that you use them entirely at your own risk ?
Or will they pay for any damages caused by a software malfunction ?
Happy that you got it back safely, maybe contact the app maker and see what they say about it...   
2015-5-5
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Pawry,

When starting follow me, the phantom will take off (if it's on the ground, otherwise it will just hover) and go to a hover once it reaches 5m altitude. The phantom will then start following you, if the accuracy of your mobile device's GPS is good enough (by default it needs to be below 5m). From the moment you start follow me, you have no control on the aircraft, the app does everything, however you should not turn off your controller, if you need to regain control you should flip the S1 switch to the middle position and then back to the top position straight away.
This will not only give you control back, but it will also stop follow me.
As nrgwise said it looks like you triggered RTH by turning the controller off.
Btw I recommend starting follow me from the ground rather than when it's already flying, the altitude will be more accurate that way. Of course don't do that when there's too much wind!
Please make sure you read the faq too: http://www.flylitchi.com/faq
2015-5-5
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-5-6 03:21
Hi Pawry,

When starting follow me, the phantom will take off (if it's on the ground, otherwise it w ...

I like the new Avatar/icon.  The name change I appreciate as well only because I have said a few times "developers need to come up with better names."  Now I instantly know the app being discussed.  Now if only the 'radar' function could be fixed that would be great.
2015-5-5
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-5-6 05:55
I like the new Avatar/icon.  The name change I appreciate as well only because I have said a few t ...

Chris,

I've got them looking into it.

Jerry
2015-5-5
Use props
pawry
lvl.4

France

nrgwise Posted at 2015-5-5 23:05
I have never tried the function.  I will next time I fly - either today or tomorrow I hope.  It soun ...

Ok. Thanks. Check please Follow me while GPS flight and / or taking off with this mode

I'm a little affraid using it again
2015-5-5
Use props
pawry
lvl.4

France

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-5-6 03:21
Hi Pawry,

When starting follow me, the phantom will take off (if it's on the ground, otherwise it w ...

What happend if the app wil crash during Folow me? The only way to regain controll is switching S1?
2015-5-5
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

pawry@tlen.pl Posted at 2015-5-6 14:48
What happend if the app wil crash during Folow me? The only way to regain controll is switching S1 ...

Yes, easy isn't it? It is always the only way to regain control switch S1, even if the app don't crash.
2015-5-6
Use props
pawry
lvl.4

France

memelivorno@gma Posted at 2015-5-6 17:56
Yes, easy isn't it? It is always the only way to regain control switch S1, even if the app don't c ...

OK. Great to hear it. Because pause button on the screen didn't want to stop it.
2015-5-6
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pause button in the app will stop follow me, however it will not give you back control. For that you need to flip the s1 switch.
2015-5-6
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

pawry@tlen.pl Posted at 2015-5-6 14:34
Ok. Thanks. Check please Follow me while GPS flight and / or taking off with this mode

I'm a litt ...

Pawry,
I tried to use the Follow Me feature this afternoon...many times.  Despite having a satellite lock on 12 sats, Follow me kept reporting my GPS accuracy was not sufficient to enable the feature.  Then it told me GPS accuracy 32 feet.  So I adjusted the default settings I found in the app to follow at greater than that distance.  Got the same message.  I tried.  I will try again in a different location, but I was in a wide open field so don't know how to get better sky view than that.

Chris
2015-5-6
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-6 02:34
I am guessing that the non genuine apps carry some sort of disclaimer saying that you use them entir ...

John, I think you're confused which app we're talking about here.  Litchi is a genuine application.  Not a hack.
2015-5-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-5-7 20:47
John, I think you're confused which app we're talking about here.  Litchi is a genuine application ...

I think John is referring to third party apps,  not hacked apps or the original DJI APP.
2015-5-7
Use props
Buckyflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34780 ft
Argentina

How many devices can use the app with 1 purchase of it?,  is there any way to move the app to another cell phone?... thanks.
2015-5-13
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-5-7 06:04
Pawry,
I tried to use the Follow Me feature this afternoon...many times.  Despite having a satellit ...

same here.. My phone kept giving me the same message.
2015-5-14
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

Buckyflyer Posted at 2015-5-14 10:05
How many devices can use the app with 1 purchase of it?,  is there any way to move the app to anothe ...

Yea you can move it to another device. The app is saved under your "google" or "Itunes" account. On the new device, log into google and pull up google play or i tunes and then go to "my apps" under your profile or account settings. And you can download from there.
2015-5-14
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

What's a Litchi?
2015-5-14
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

The name change as indicated in the title.
2015-5-14
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Ace,

It's a 3rd Party Android App, previously named Vision Plus.

Jerry
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules