Features that requires OTG
2102 20 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattinhk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

Just out of my curiousity... If DJI is firm in regards to phasing out OTG with the Spark, then what happens to Live Streming function? Better yet, how do we go live without internet connection? I wonder whether this is something DJI missed out or intentionally did
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please wait patiently for the OTG feature and some drones with USB connection can also do the live stream. Thanks for your attention.
2018-3-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I was keen on Live Streaming to Facebook and YouTube through my Spark and now using Android without OTG there exists no possibility of Live Streaming from the Spark unless you have iOS device(s)?
2018-3-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-12 19:59
Please wait patiently for the OTG feature and some drones with USB connection can also do the live stream. Thanks for your attention.

Does that mean Android users will be able to Live Stream without or with OTG USB cables in the future, that is?
2018-3-12
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Ah yes, That explains it all, DJI GO4 is made for multiple drones. Thanks Elektra
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-12 21:00
Does that mean Android users will be able to Live Stream without or with OTG USB cables in the future, that is?

Sorry that I have no idea about this. We will inform users when we support OTG cable. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mattinhk Posted at 2018-3-12 22:22
Ah yes, That explains it all, DJI GO4 is made for multiple drones. Thanks Elektra

You are welcome. Please inform us if you have other doubt.
2018-3-12
Use props
CafeBlake
lvl.4
United States

I've been using an OTG cable with my Spark since I got it.

I have not live-streamed with it (nor do I plan to).

It does work when connecting the Controller -> OTG -> Lightning Cable -> iPhone and it speeds up the video transmission quite a bit, makes the whole thing much more responsive.
2018-3-12
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

CafeBlake Posted at 2018-3-12 22:35

Well I'm not a extreme go-live kind of person, I was just wondering why would they take out OTG support if a feature like Live streaming relies on it (Plus would be a good reason to protest at DJI to have the OTG support back lol)
2018-3-12
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Using the OTG kable and gives a much better experience flying the
SPARK.
2018-3-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-12 22:32
Sorry that I have no idea about this. We will inform users when we support OTG cable. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for your reply.
2018-3-13
Use props
djiuser_f980zZNxZNnp
New
Brazil

I would like to know why?????? the otg cable stop working after DJI 4 GO updated???????? This is unacceptable, this caused loosing signal and weak coverage no need.
2018-3-14
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

djiuser_f980zZNxZNnp Posted at 2018-3-14 10:26
I would like to know why?????? the otg cable stop working after DJI 4 GO updated???????? This is unacceptable, this caused loosing signal and weak coverage no need.

Well, technically the cable still works (sort of), DJI just disabled some functions that work with previous versions (4.1.15 and lower) and the App no longer shows essential flight data which makes the OTG unsusable. As to why, well ... it was shortly before the Mavic Air came out, so ... I wonder if anybody still believes that it was an accident ...

As to a solution ... you need to downgrade to DJI GO 4 4.1.15 or lower if you need to use the OTG cable ... or you could try an iOS device (though still not officially supported, the cable should work ... haven't tried it personally though since I hate apple products).
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

You are welcome. Thanks for your patience.
2018-3-14
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-14 23:13
You are welcome. Thanks for your patience.

Patience is a virtue. Thanks for checking in.
2018-3-15
Use props
J_Spark
New
Flight distance : 36906 ft
Singapore

Hi DJI Elektra,

The wait started since November. I have a DJI Crystalsky and till now, I can't use the OTG function. It has been 5 months.

May I know the estimated time of resolution?
2018-3-16
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

CafeBlake Posted at 2018-3-12 22:35

I've been using wifi and generally all has been well, although at long range I do get quick drops and more delay in the video feed.  (long range being a quarter mile perhaps.  I don 't go much further than that.)  So if on OTG would help with this, I'm all for trying it.  

Can you tell me where you bought it?  (preferably a nice short one so wires are not hanging all over the place. - i'm using iphone 8 plus.)
2018-3-16
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-14 10:58
Well, technically the cable still works (sort of), DJI just disabled some functions that work with previous versions (4.1.15 and lower) and the App no longer shows essential flight data which makes the OTG unsusable. As to why, well ... it was shortly before the Mavic Air came out, so ... I wonder if anybody still believes that it was an accident ...

As to a solution ... you need to downgrade to DJI GO 4 4.1.15 or lower if you need to use the OTG cable ... or you could try an iOS device (though still not officially supported, the cable should work ... haven't tried it personally though since I hate apple products).

How do you downgrade to 4.1.15????
2018-3-16
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-16 09:02
How do you downgrade to 4.1.15????

Copied from another post of mine:

Synchronize your flight data first so you don't loose them. After that you have to uninstall the DJI Go 4 App and download an older version. I am on 4.1.14 because it allows me to choose the band everytime I power on the Spark https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-14-release/ . Download the variant starting with the 1xxxx if you have a phone or 2xxxx if you have a tablet. After the download you have to allow the installation of unsigned applications on android and then you can install the older one from the APK file. Turn off the automatic updates afterwards or it will get updated to the newest version.

You can try DJI GO 4 4.1.15 as well https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/. It is the last one working with an OTG cable but the problem of this version is that if you manually choose the 2,4GHz band, you won't be able to turn it back to automatic without resetting the Sparks wifi and pairing it again with the RC unless your phone supports 5,8GHz band (which European android phones do not ...).
2018-3-16
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

I just wanna know whats taking so long?
2018-3-16
Use props
CafeBlake
lvl.4
United States

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-3-16 05:21
I've been using wifi and generally all has been well, although at long range I do get quick drops and more delay in the video feed.  (long range being a quarter mile perhaps.  I don 't go much further than that.)  So if on OTG would help with this, I'm all for trying it.  

Can you tell me where you bought it?  (preferably a nice short one so wires are not hanging all over the place. - i'm using iphone 8 plus.)

I bought http://a.co/gtiHqFq and then just plugged that into a regular lightning/usb cable and into the phone (i also use an iphone 8+), and i get almost no video drop outs when flying around half a mile away and very good responsiveness.

if the link doesn't work for some reason, just search for "UGREEN Micro USB to USB, Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable 2 Pack" on amazon, should be $7 for a set of 2 (nice to have a backup).

I also recommend going into airplane mode or at least turning off wi-fi while using the OTG setup, seems to make it work even better (maybe it's trying to connect to the remote's wifi at the same time?)
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules