12Next >
7056 46 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aim16V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438852 ft
United States

Guys I have sometimes problem with RTH. On my Mavic Air when I push on my RC the RTH the mavic turn around and just stay there I have to push the stick to make it move to come Back home, any one got this problem I do have if signal lost go home but it happen 2 times to me and now I start to get scared if the Rose lose connection then the mavic will stay in place I did installed the firmware again still I’m getting this problem any one have any idea.
Thanks
2018-3-13
Use props
takdou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78763 ft
Germany

Hi, When you initiated the RTH, how far was your mavic Air from your position?
2018-3-13
Use props
djiuser_UiKqvpZRtKf1
lvl.1
United States

I had problems with the RTH button, mine locked the remote and did not allow me to cancel, then the AIR just went down and violently crashed in a building, busting an arm and scratching it.. i'm in repair/replacement phase...
2018-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

RTH  doesn't actually return to home if you activate the feature too close to the home point. Check the manual for details. There are some other fine points to be aware of, also covered in the manual, but this seems the most likely cause. Hope this helps.
2018-3-13
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

like Ex machina said.
Page 13 and 14 explains it in the manual.
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

Hello guys, I understand that if the Drone close to the home point will not initiate the RTH  but my drone was 500 meters from home point if you look at the file I uploaded where it show the drop e not moving back, another thing when I take off i did precise take off and I let the Drone hover in place for like 30 seconds to make sure its locked with the GPS like I always do before I fly
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

takdou Posted at 2018-3-13 01:51

It was 500 meters away from home point
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-3-13 07:23
RTH  doesn't actually return to home if you activate the feature too close to the home point. Check the manual for details. There are some other fine points to be aware of, also covered in the manual, but this seems the most likely cause. Hope this helps.

I understand that but I was 500 meters away
2018-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

aim16V Posted at 2018-3-13 13:22
I understand that but I was 500 meters away

The only other thing I can think of then is that when RTH was activated, the AC's OA kicked in, and Object Avoidance was configured to stop and hover. Looking at your logs and warnings should tell you exactly what happened.

Was it pointing towards the sun when it stopped?

2018-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

aim16V Posted at 2018-3-13 13:20
Hello guys, I understand that if the Drone close to the home point will not initiate the RTH  but my drone was 500 meters from home point if you look at the file I uploaded where it show the drop e not moving back, another thing when I take off i did precise take off and I let the Drone hover in place for like 30 seconds to make sure its locked with the GPS like I always do before I fly

I don't see a file link in this thread. Did you post in some other thread?
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

I did put the file here and was not against the sun really weird
2018-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

aim16V Posted at 2018-3-13 13:21
It was 500 meters away from home point

It amazes me that you could see the MavAir turn around from 500 metres, I also think you might be hitting pause button, when you hit RTH button it will give you this information in your app you will also get a big X flashing on your screen.
I’m not trying to be funny but as someone who has owned a few drones in my time I know how sometimes we can get confused with buttons on remote control, just a thought.
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-13 14:35
It amazes me that you could see the MavAir turn around from 500 metres, I also think you might be hitting pause button, when you hit RTH button it will give you this information in your app you will also get a big X flashing on your screen.
I’m not trying to be funny but as someone who has owned a few drones in my time I know how sometimes we can get confused with buttons on remote control, just a thought.

I agree with you no question ask, the thing is I did not see it from that far otherwise I must be supersonic,,,looooooooool ,I saw it in the app and the camera , I thought the log been app loaded but it seems not I will try to uploaded again.
Thanks my friend
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

It amazes me that you could see the MavAir turn around from 500 metres, I also think you might be hitting pause button, when you hit RTH button it will give you this information in your app you will also get a big X flashing on your screen.
I’m not trying to be funny but as someone who has owned a few drones in my time I know how sometimes we can get confused with buttons on remote control, just a thought.

I agree with you no question ask, the thing is I did not see it from that far otherwise I must be supersonic,,,looooooooool ,I saw it in the app and the camera , I thought the log been app loaded but it seems not I will try to uploaded again.
Thanks my friend
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-3-13 13:50

2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

i did this video from my iPad because i dont know how to share the flight log from iPad im an android guy sorry.
here you can see guys how the Air react to the RTH it turn around but do not move immediately i have to push the stick forward
there was something to save the file in excel i did save it but i dont know how to get it in the Ipad if you know guys please tell me so i can upload it here.

Thanks
2018-3-13
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Are you sure you don't have your return to home settings set to "hover"??? Go into the settings and make sure that it is set to"return to home"!!! Also you do know that if you get into trouble and you think it's going to crash you can hit the pause button!
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-13 19:34
Are you sure you don't have your return to home settings set to "hover"??? Go into the settings and make sure that it is set to"return to home"!!! Also you do know that if you get into trouble and you think it's going to crash you can hit the pause button!

no its not yes im sure everytime before i take off i check it to make sure its in Go home not Hovering, you can see clear that it was hovering it seems but you know this is not the first time it happen and now it start to concern me to be honest with you
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

takdou Posted at 2018-3-13 01:51

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=pLdZye
2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-13 19:34

2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

2018-3-13
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-3-13 13:50

2018-3-13
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

What is the RTH height set at in the App?  Could it be it turned around and was then about to drop to the RTH height (mine is set at 30m, you were 90m high) and you didn't give it time to descend before pushing forward?  Just an idea.
2018-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

aim16V Posted at 2018-3-13 17:41
Thanks my friend

Looking at your log when you hit RTH I see next notification strong interference, I’m guessing here but this may be the cause of the delay, you can fly your aircraft forward with MavAir. I suppose you may need to go and check again.
2018-3-14
Use props
chrisdolese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288661 ft
United States

could be airspace affecting the behavior ?  my friend reported an issue where RTH path would pass thorugh restricted airspace and the p4 simply landed in the water
2018-3-14
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Robothamster it will not descend to come home.   No dji drone will do this....if he has it set to 30 m and is 20 m then yes it will rise to 30m which makes sense. But if he is 80m it will just rth at current altitude.   And good point hallmark.... make sure op u are not hitting pause button. (Although i didnt see that on playback).... Its weird how it starts to initiate rth then stop
2018-3-14
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Maybe try to "refresh fw" on assistant...i would try that on comp
2018-3-14
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-14 02:54
Robothamster it will not descend to come home.   No dji drone will do this....if he has it set to 30 m and is 20 m then yes it will rise to 30m which makes sense. But if he is 80m it will just rth at current altitude.   And good point hallmark.... make sure op u are not hitting pause button. (Although i didnt see that on playback).... Its weird how it starts to initiate rth then stop

Ok cool, did wonder that while I was typing it.
2018-3-14
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

Robothamster Posted at 2018-3-14 02:10
What is the RTH height set at in the App?  Could it be it turned around and was then about to drop to the RTH height (mine is set at 30m, you were 90m high) and you didn't give it time to descend before pushing forward?  Just an idea.

Hi Rob, I have it at 35mt but if you are not close and your altitude is higher than you return home altitude set it will come back at that altitude if it's less then it will go up, in my case I was higher so it should just return back
2018-3-14
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-14 02:54
Robothamster it will not descend to come home.   No dji drone will do this....if he has it set to 30 m and is 20 m then yes it will rise to 30m which makes sense. But if he is 80m it will just rth at current altitude.   And good point hallmark.... make sure op u are not hitting pause button. (Although i didnt see that on playback).... Its weird how it starts to initiate rth then stop

Gambino,
Yes its weird how it act it did it  enforce and I did refresh the FW but as you can see it did it again, I will do another FW refresh through the pc and see how it goes
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, has the drone been damaged in the RTH issue? If not, please kindly export the flight records and flight log when the issue appeared, we'd like to look into the exact status. Also, we do not support to analyze the data from the third party software, please kindly upload the original file to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with us, thanks in advance!  
2018-3-18
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-18 20:06
Hi there, has the drone been damaged in the RTH issue? If not, please kindly export the flight records and flight log when the issue appeared, we'd like to look into the exact status. Also, we do not support to analyze the data from the third party software, please kindly upload the original file to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with us, thanks in advance!

Hi Susan,
no the drone just turn toward the home point and did not move so i have to push the forward stick to make it move to come back home and land it safely.
I was using DJI GO4 app no third party software at all
2018-3-18
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-18 20:06

hi susan,
attached the link as requested the thing i did save all the flights since i did a refresh of the Firmware but i did download the data from the Drone before i refresh the FW.
day of the incident is march/12 at 7.27PM
Mavic Air Data Export
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

aim16V Posted at 2018-3-18 22:29
hi susan,
attached the link as requested the thing i did save all the flights since i did a refresh of the Firmware but i did download the data from the Drone before i refresh the FW.

Received with thanks! I've forwarded this to our engineers for analysis, will come back as long as there is an update.
2018-3-20
Use props
RimasRS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225 ft
Lithuania

aim16V Posted at 2018-3-18 22:29
hi susan,

Are you set to APAS when RTH? I was always wondering what would happen if APAS is on during RTH and it would turn to straight bright sun it could just stop there. Because APAS is not working in low light and to bright light.
I think is better to leave APAS off during RTH.
2018-3-20
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Hm, it may be (mentioned earlier) apas+sun or fact, that You are flying in warning zone (unpaved airport), and are quite high (90m). Maybe some safety kick in and just hover drone, till operator is sure it's safe and give extra comand (move stick) to comeback. curious what DJI will say after logs
2018-3-20
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

RimasRS Posted at 2018-3-20 10:06
Are you set to APAS when RTH? I was always wondering what would happen if APAS is on during RTH and it would turn to straight bright sun it could just stop there. Because APAS is not working in low light and to bright light.
I think is better to leave APAS off during RTH.

honestly i do not remeber if i was in ASPAS mode
2018-3-20
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
United States

KREMi Posted at 2018-3-20 12:45
Hm, it may be (mentioned earlier) apas+sun or fact, that You are flying in warning zone (unpaved airport), and are quite high (90m). Maybe some safety kick in and just hover drone, till operator is sure it's safe and give extra comand (move stick) to comeback. curious what DJI will say after logs

the unpaved airport always come in ( some eliport around but not airports im about 8 miles if not more from an Airport ) even before i got this issue , the spark i have never got this problem and to be honest with the spark i go a lot further with no transmission issue, i guess we have to wait and see what the DJI response for sure
2018-3-20
Use props
RimasRS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225 ft
Lithuania

aim16V Posted at 2018-3-20 17:11
honestly i do not remeber if i was in ASPAS mode

There is in RTH settings where you can set altitude of RTH and other things like avoid obsticles (by default it is off) and I really wonder should i turn it on? What if there is bright sun and i will loose connection it will just stop or what?
2018-3-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules