Using a Mavic Air abroad?
1135 5 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ben Pipe
New

United Kingdom

I'm about to buy a Mavic Air with the intention of shooting stills on my next trip to China, but just noticed the wifi only on this drone. Does this mean that if I don't have data on my phone at the time (ie. at a remote Chinese mountain) then I won't be able to fly? (and should look an alternative like the Mavic Pro?

Any help gratefully received as I'm totally new to the drone world.
Thanks. Ben
2018-3-13
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

Wifi is the connection type used between the RC and the drone. It has nothing to do with internet connection
2018-3-13
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You will be able to fly without data Ben, no issue whatsoever. I used an old samsung S5 yesterday to fly, didn't have a sim card, no package, no nothing and it flew like a dream. YOU DON'T NEED IT
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ben, the WiFi of the drone and RC is the transmission system, and you don't need the internet connection on your mobile device during a flight. BTW, if you are going to travel China, I suggest that you can learn the drone regulation on this website: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-3-13
Use props
Ben Pipe
New

United Kingdom

Awesome - thanks guys, any idea if its a better deal buying the drone out in Beijing compared to London?
2018-3-13
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

Ben Pipe Posted at 2018-3-13 04:57
Awesome - thanks guys, any idea if its a better deal buying the drone out in Beijing compared to London?

No clue about prices but keep in mind that the warranty is not international as far as I know
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules