3.08 update KILLED my H3-3D :(
3361 12 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
away-point
lvl.3

United States

I can't believe it!  My one week old Phantom 2 and H3-3D, now has a dead gimbal!  Yesterday's update release killed it.  It does nothing, and doesn't even show up in the Assistant Software.

This is the second time this has happened to me!

Since January, I've purchased three Phantom 2's, two H3-2D gimbals, and FIVE(!) H3-3D's.

The 2D's were retired when the 3D's came out.

Two of the 3D's were lost, one died on firmware update, one was immediately returned because it was defective, and now my one week old 3D is freaking dead!

DJI quality control needs more attention!  
2014-10-29
Use props
peterrussell23
lvl.1

Australia

I turned on my almost new Phantom 2 vision+ yesterday after the update was released and the gimbal went nuts and reported a gimbal obstruction error. I freaked out thinking I must have busted the gimbal during transport but after some research, some people said that it fixed itself after doing the firmware update.  (which I was going to do anyway of course)

And sure enough, did all the updates across all the components and now all fixed and working like new. It is a little scary that this can happen though, just happy that the update fixed it.
2014-10-29
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

My sequence was just the opposite. It was working fine until I apply the latest firmware update. Now it's dead. It doesn't move on Phantom 2 power up, and it doesn't show up at all in the software assistant.  I'm totally bummed!  
2014-10-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Same problem here, Red light on the vision +Camera, and gimble is dead. Called DJI and they RMA the unit. Not Happy at this point.

2014-10-29
Use props
peterrussell23
lvl.1

Australia

Would it be worth trying the hard reset that people talk about. i.e completely wiping firmware and starting again? I'm sure it can be fixed or replaced but I would personally be trying everything before I sent it back or bought new parts.

2014-10-29
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

peterrussell23@ Posted at 2014-10-30 08:03
Would it be worth trying the hard reset that people talk about. i.e completely wiping firmware and s ...

Good suggestion, and that's exactly what I did.  And....

IT WORKED!!!

YAY!!!!  

Here's a link...
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=83

Just flew to test her out.  

G0011257.JPG
2014-10-29
Use props
jadkins
lvl.1

United States

away-point Posted at 2014-10-30 08:21
Good suggestion, and that's exactly what I did.  And....

IT WORKED!!!

Away-point do you know if there is a way to do the reset of the gimbal on the phantom 2 vision+?  I also just installed the latest updates and my gimbal is hosed.   Just makes a buzz buzz sound now and no motor response at all.
2014-10-29
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

No I don't, sorry.  Hope you find a quick and easy solution!
2014-10-29
Use props
peterrussell23
lvl.1

Australia

Good to hear its back in the air!

Jadkins - that sounds like the issue I had before installed the firmware. Are you sure you've downloaded the latest assistant software and have done all of the updates across all components?
2014-10-29
Use props
jadkins
lvl.1

United States

peterrussell23@ Posted at 2014-10-30 12:51
Good to hear its back in the air!

Jadkins - that sounds like the issue I had before installed the f ...

I did all of the updates.  After installing the zen imu update and then power cycling is when I started having issues.   

Here is a video that shows the unit making the strange buzzing sound

The sound is coming from the gimbal itself which seems strange, there also appears to be an led flashing from somwhere inside the gimbal case that I can see through the slight gap in the gimbal casing.
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

peterrussell23@ Posted at 2014-10-30 08:03
Would it be worth trying the hard reset that people talk about. i.e completely wiping firmware and s ...
That is only for the main controller. I must have a diffrent issue, I did the reset and nothing.
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

jadkins@gmail.c Posted at 2014-10-31 01:32
I did all of the updates.  After installing the zen imu update and then power cycling is when I st ...

At least you have the green light my turned solid read. After update the Zen IMU.
2014-10-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I decided not to do the H3-3D IMU update.  It looks like it's only necessary if you have one of the new controllers (has a gimbal thumbwheel in the top left of the controller)
H3-3D IMU upgrade.gif
2014-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules