Damaged in transit Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

Hi,
A lot of people received long awaited Phantom 3 this week...and a lot of ussaw the unproper packing of the Phantom 3 box.
Firstly the Phantom 3 box was put in another box much larger than the first one...not ok. I don't even want to think about the P3 box bouncing inside the larger box.
Second...after opening the box the gumbal guard was off as lot of people already mentioned that- sucha a delicate thing as the gumbal must be realy very careful protected.
...and last but not least my battery charger box was also open in the box..probably from the bouncing.

So imagine P3 box bouncing inside de big box, gumbal without a guard bouncing too and the battery charger too...totally not ok for brand new product that cost 1499 euro.

Look below for a foto of my gumbal plate which was damaged during the transit due to the poor packing.

Second battery delay..well ok this things happen...IOS app delay...also..no problem I can wait
I don't complain easily but this is my first drone and for that price I would have  expected to receive a pristine package.
And now I have the feeling of disappointment and the doubt that I've bought something expensive which is kinda of damaged and I even can't use it if I want ...definately not ok

I'm realy hoping that somebody from DJI will read this because you have a great product here... but bad reputation, amatheur mistakes, disappointed customers can destroy your company name very fast...

IMG_5943.JPG
GetAttachment.jpg
2015-5-5
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmmm, this is not the first I've heard about poor packaging for shipment.  Mine is supposed to be "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" today so I plan on having a box cutter and camera ready to inspect the contents before the driver leaves!
2015-5-5
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same type of nick on the top left corner of my P3 Pro Camera. A DJI Rep in Chine asked for the barcode. Wondering if there linked to the same person? If you call DJI in USA let me know what they offer to do before I waste a hour calling them lol.
2015-5-5
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Mine also came with the gimbal guard off. Thought this was unusual for DJI but apparently rather common.
2015-5-5
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Just chiming in.  My guard too was off.  The only thing different was I order from a US retailer and they must have re-boxed because the outer one was just right.  But the main dji box had dented corners.
2015-5-5
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes, my gimbal guard was half off and same… box bouncing around inside another box. No damage thankfully.
2015-5-5
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

Mine was off too
2015-5-5
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is an unboxing ()  where the gimbal guard seems to just fall right off.     So yah you are right, this happens.   
2015-5-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine has come today with a small mark on the top of the camera ( same as raiedzeidan ). Think there is a little QC issue. My gimbal guard was just about on when I go it..
2015-5-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just an update... The little mark on top of the camera on my P3P rubs off.. I think its the gimbal lock that causes it..
2015-5-5
Use props
russell.frazier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Glad it was nothing serious.
2015-5-5
Use props
xguy4ku
lvl.1

United States

DJI shipping procedure
2015-5-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

It would be very helpful if you can provide the Serial Number. we will check the packing and shipping process, find out which link appeared problems.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
2015-5-5
Use props
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-6 11:07
It would be very helpful if you can provide the Serial Number. we will check the packing and shippin ...

Hi DJI-Autumn,

This is my Phantom 3 Pro  serial number P78DCD19020747.

Just for the record:
It's great that you will check were is the missing link in your production/shipment process but if my Gumbal spontaneously stops working after 3 months I would expect to be repaired/exchanged  by DJI free of charge due to the poor packing and possible damage in transit.

Hopefully this will not happen and none of the above will be necessary!

Regards
2015-5-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Fearless Posted at 2015-5-6 14:29
Hi DJI-Autumn,

This is my Phantom 3 Pro  serial number P78DCD19020747.

Of course if it stops working spontaneously we will cover it. I've informed both logistics and sales folks.
2015-5-5
Use props
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-6 14:54
Of course if it stops working spontaneously we will cover it. I've informed both logistics and sal ...

That's good to know! Thanks!
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Fearless Posted at 2015-5-6 16:06
That's good to know! Thanks!

Sorry here is another request: can you find the barcode on the box?
2015-5-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will get you my serial/barcode later today.. Although I must add that the mark on my camera rubbed away easily.. I'm thinking its a mark left by the gimbal lock. Either way it seems to be a QC issue. Hope nothing bad happens to the camera in the future
2015-5-6
Use props
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-6 16:12
Sorry here is another request: can you find the barcode on the box?

No problem! This is photo of all bar codes on the P3 Pro box. Let me know if you need something else.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Fearless Posted at 2015-5-6 17:37
No problem! This is photo of all bar codes on the P3 Pro box. Let me know if you need something els ...

As expected...another request appears: Where you buy your P3? Can you pls give me the order number?
2015-5-6
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

xguy4ku Posted at 2015-5-6 08:52
DJI shipping procedure   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-c5GvAbiGI

"Fragile...throw underhand only".
2015-5-6
Use props
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-6 18:46
As expected...another request appears: Where you buy your P3? Can you pls give me the order number? ...

I bought it via DJI online store on the day of the release 8th of April 2015.
My order number is : Order Number:  031110045361
                                       Order Time:        2015-04-08 21:50:21
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Fearless Posted at 2015-5-6 20:53
I bought it via DJI online store on the day of the release 8th of April 2015.
My order number is  ...

Thank you.
2015-5-6
Use props
andy.webb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 865364 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantom 3 – gimbal is faulty

The gimbal on my new P3 is faulty – these symptoms.

First test flight -when I looked at the footage I thought there was just a crazy amount of jello for some reason, and happening in a regular pattern.

Before flight two, I checked all the mechanics and recalibrated IMU + gimbal.  Same problem with the footage when viewed.

Viewed closely you notice the regular vibration happens even before the Phantom lifts off. So its not a props balance issue.

There’s also a low level pulsing noise - seems to be coming out of the gimbal area - pretty much in phase with the vibrations.

The noise goes away when the gimbal is pointed 90 degrees down.

And, by the way, I tried to raise this with DJI’s so called ‘24/7 support.’ In the online chat the responses came back in Chinese. A complete joke – don’t even bother.

When it arrived – the gimbal guard was half-off – I don’t know whether vibration in transit could be the problem.

I’ve owned FC40, 2 x P2s, and Inspire – never a problem. This gimbal problem may be a one-off, it happens – but when it comes to selling machines that fly, quality control needs to be 101%.
2015-5-9
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

andy.webb@ymail Posted at 2015-5-9 23:24
Phantom 3 – gimbal is faulty

The gimbal on my new P3 is faulty – these symptoms.

Since you didn't specifically say that you removed the foam piece from the back of the gimbal, it has to be the first question asked. Did you remove it?
2015-5-9
Use props
andy.webb
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-10 01:38
Since you didn't specifically say that you removed the foam piece from the back of the gimbal, it  ...

Thanks - yes
2015-5-9
Use props
andy.webb
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-10 01:38
Since you didn't specifically say that you removed the foam piece from the back of the gimbal, it  ...

this is the effect of faulty gimbal
2015-5-9
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Unacceptable. Heck, unacceptable in something at half the cost. I hope mine comes well packed
2015-5-10
Use props
gscott792
New
United Kingdom

YES, I`ll join the line of people who received the Phantom 3 with gimble guard hanging off, in my case no damage and have flown it,... It was a box-in-a-box shipment with only slight damage to one corner of outer box.
I have to say that I`m sure DJI can do MUCH better with the design of the guard, VERY difficult to fit!!!
2015-6-20
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

I was about to order a P3P but I think I will wait until these problems get sorted out. I bought a 2+ about a year ago from these very bad ( so called ) authorized DJI dealer. Once they got my money, it was nothing but lies and no contacts. The web page stated 8 to 10 for delivery. 32 days later with no contact e-mail or phone I filed for a visa refund, RCMP fraud charges, Better Business Bureau complaint. One day I phoned them 30 times to talk to somebody. 34 days later it arrived and I never was able to get past 80 feet with the WIFI. I was so up set with their unbelievable business practices That I refused to deal with them. It turns out, it was a repaired P2+, there was screws missing and the one motor wiring was repaired. The soldering looked like it was done buy someone with little or no expertise. The box had a 2 inch. triangle hole in it and the gimbals lock was not in place.
2015-8-30
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I usually order from Amazon. I am a Prime member so I get 2 day delivery. They generally are very good at packing things properly. How DJI packs the Phantom in thier own box is another story. Amazon returns are no hassle and their customer service is always very helpful and willing to make things right. Whenever I have an issue which is not often, they have fixed the problem and usually given me  a credit or the item for free (not a Phantom!).

I have no affiliation with Amazon. Just a satisfied customer.
Amazon was not going to have the Phantom in stock for another few days and I did not want to wait so I ordered it from B&H Photo. They ship same day. Another good organization. I am a pro photographer so I get quite a bit of gear from them as do many others in my profession.

Again...no affiliation.
2015-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules