Phantom P4P+ platform locked. Can't even use DJI's Flight planner.
654 4 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here is what I sent to DJI customer support today.
Hi Davines,

It’s very interesting that DJI produces DJI Flight Planner but the P4P+ platform can’t use it. I just don’t understand how DJI can produce a product that has no way to add additional value to the owner. I want some help here. Now if I want to do some sophisticated video I can’t do it on the P4P+ platform. I will need to purchase an additional controller and tablet at the tune of around $700. If I would have known that the P4P +  platform was locked I wouldn’t have purchased the P4P+ platform. DJI has offered no help with this issue and I’m very disappointed with this response. I also understand from the DJI forum that I’m not the only DJI customer that has this issue. Please asset me with a solution to this issue. Perhaps you can offer a discounted coupon for me to purchase a P4P controller. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HELP HERE???????

This will probably do no good. But we P4P+ victims should band together in protest.

2018-3-13
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Well i knew what I was going in to when buying the P4P+, so I wont complane. When that is said I would
Welcome a more open platform for the P4P+ Controller. At least support for Google play Servicves so that
I can download Litchi and do some mission planning that way.
I wont say I’m stuck with the P4P+ And the limitations it gives me in my business, again because I knew
Before buying. Ill go buy an extra controller when the need is for it, but its “smart business” from DJI’s
Side I must say. I don’t think they get 5-star recommendations for that kind of way to do business.
2018-3-13
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-3-13 08:00
Well i knew what I was going in to when buying the P4P+, so I wont complane. When that is said I would
Welcome a more open platform for the P4P+ Controller. At least support for Google play Servicves so that
I can download Litchi and do some mission planning that way.

You're correct with that point. I am getting ready to buy a new controller and iPad. Though my wife won't be to happy.
2018-3-13
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Safety Guy Posted at 2018-3-13 08:18
You're correct with that point. I am getting ready to buy a new controller and iPad. Though my wife won't be to happy.

Hehe..
Ill wait a bit. Just bought the P4P+, a SPARK and the OSMO+, so my “gadget budget”  is used for now..
2018-3-13
Use props
Zaguiar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 592034 ft
Portugal

Same problem but unlike farmerMac I did not know what I was geting into before hand. DJI, anything???
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules