Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geo-tagging accuracy insp 1 versus P3
807 2 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if it was on this forum on the P3 side, but I read that someone who run a mapping company mentioned that the geo-tagging in the P3 is more accurate that one the inspire 1.How true or confirmable is this?

If this is the case, being that they have similar equipment (if not the same) shouldn't it be a quick firmware update on the inspire to resolve?
Where or how can we make these requests formally to DJI?
2015-5-5
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

The first project I tried with the inspire 1 did seem to have the geotags clustered like it was  rounding the "seconds" ..However I did another project last Saturday and the image geotags were substantially better when looked at in Pix4D
2015-5-5
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-5-6 01:16
The first project I tried with the inspire 1 did seem to have the geotags clustered like it was  rou ...

I think the issue with inaccurate Geotags was solved awhile back.  Starting about 2 months ago, my Geotags started being recorded in their proper places.  Before that, I would get 3-5 images clustering up to a single point which made mapping difficult.

2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules