Mavic air 2.7k size footage
1871 6 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nickhippo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wondered if anyone could help me or maybe had a similar problem. When filming in 2.7k on my mavic air the footage size on my 58 inch tv doesn't fill the entire screen. Tried all the other filming mode and they all work fine. Only the 2.7k film footage looks significantly smaller. I have tried to change the aspect ratio of my TV but with no affect . Am I doing something wrong ? Help would be very much appreciated . Many thanks
2018-3-13
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Chmmm.... 2.7k is resolution 2720×1530 and ratio aspect 16:9, 4k is 3840×2160 and also 16:9 so it should be exactly the same
2018-3-14
Use props
Nickhippo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I thougnt it should be the same, just wondered if i had not done something in the set up or menu. So the next obvious question is why on my new panasonic tv is the 2.7k showing a smaller playback footage? The tv is less than a year old and i havent had any issues with my action cam which films in 2.7k also! Any ideas
2018-3-14
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Nickhippo Posted at 2018-3-14 09:41
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I thougnt it should be the same, just wondered if i had not done something in the set up or menu. So the next obvious question is why on my new panasonic tv is the 2.7k showing a smaller playback footage? The tv is less than a year old and i havent had any issues with my action cam which films in 2.7k also! Any ideas

Probably due to an odd resolution of 2.7K that doesn't properly upscale or downscale on your TV
2018-3-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Nickhippo Posted at 2018-3-14 09:41
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I thougnt it should be the same, just wondered if i had not done something in the set up or menu. So the next obvious question is why on my new panasonic tv is the 2.7k showing a smaller playback footage? The tv is less than a year old and i havent had any issues with my action cam which films in 2.7k also! Any ideas

Does your TV have a zoom screen option or Fit to Screen mode?
2018-3-14
Use props
Nickhippo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you guys for trying to solve this problem. I suspect it maybe my TV.  Contacted dji and they just sent me to dji assistant 2 which didn't help. Think will need to test it on another tv and go from there.
2018-3-14
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

maybe the television can't support 2.7K. Suggestions:
1. try to play the videos on Mac or PC;
2. Contact with TV manufacturer to confirm whether the TV can support 2.7K.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules