battery won't turn off
14107 12 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cheryl3
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Pro. One of the batteries will not turn off. It has been "on" for hours. At first it had one light and the red button, then two and the button then 3, then 4 but it is NOT plugged into the charger. I don't want to go to bed and leave it.  What can i do?

2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just a silly question, you do know how to shut off the battery, right? Please keep in mind when powering off the battery, you need to press once then press and hold the power button for more than 2 seconds, the gap between two presses should be short. If it doesn't solve your issue, is it possible that you provide me with a short video of this case? I would like to have a further check. Thank you very much.
2018-3-13
Use props
Cheryl3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-13 20:09
Hi there, just a silly question, you do know how to shut off the battery, right? Please keep in mind when powering off the battery, you need to press once then press and hold the power button for more than 2 seconds, the gap between two presses should be short. If it doesn't solve your issue, is it possible that you provide me with a short video of this case? I would like to have a further check. Thank you very much.

Yes, I know how to shut down the battery properly.  I have had the P3P for a year and have 75 plus flights.  A link for a video is
https://photos.app.goo.gl/exbKGMF7UbYkdgGv2
2018-3-13
Use props
Cheryl3
lvl.1
United States

Cheryl3 Posted at 2018-3-13 20:41
Yes, I know how to shut down the battery properly.  I have had the P3P for a year and have 75 plus flights.  A link for a video is

It has been doing this for several hours.  It won't turn off.  I tried just letting it run down but it doesn't seem to be doing that. It is not hot/warm to the touch. (It is actually cool to the touch).  
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cheryl3 Posted at 2018-3-13 20:41

Thank you for the video, may I know when did you purchase the battery? And when does the issue happen, the operations before it happens? I would like to have our engineers to check first. Will get back to you once I hear from them.
2018-3-13
Use props
Cheryl3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-13 21:27
Thank you for the video, I would like to have our engineers to check first. Will get back to you once I hear from them.

It is not on a charger or anything.  Is it OK to have in the house while we sleep or should I put it in the driveway.  It will be 32F (0C) here tonight. I don't want a battery explosion while we sleep.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cheryl3 Posted at 2018-3-13 21:29
It is not on a charger or anything.  Is it OK to have in the house while we sleep or should I put it in the driveway.  It will be 32F (0C) here tonight. I don't want a battery explosion while we sleep.

I had edited my comment, please check again. And please don't worry, since you mentioned that the battery is not hot, keep the battery in a relatively open and safe area is okay. And I will have our engineers to check shortly.
2018-3-13
Use props
Cheryl3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-13 21:32
I had edited my comment, please check again. And please don't worry, since you mentioned that the battery is not hot, keep the battery in a relatively open and safe area is okay. And I will have our engineers to check shortly.

The battery is one of three that i got when I purchased my P3P in mid September of 2016.  In the time I have owned the P3P I have done around 75 flights.  I follow all the battery instructions in the manual and rotate my batteries. I had a hard landing today but flew the drone after that landing and everything seemed OK.  When I got home I tried to charge the battery and at first it would not charge so I put it back into the drone and turned it on. One green light came on briefly.  Then it started this issue.  At first it was just the red button light and one green light, then it was the red light and two green lights, then the red button and three green lights and now the red button and four green lights (as in the video).  There is no response whatsoever to pushing the button.  After several hours I tried charging again and nothing changed.
2018-3-13
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

if you insert the battery into your P3 what does the info screen tell you? Also, if you used the battery it for a flight prior to the problem Airdata may give you an indicator on each cell.
Others here will come up with better ideas though.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cheryl3 Posted at 2018-3-13 21:41
The battery is one of three that i got when I purchased my P3P in mid September of 2016.  In the time I have owned the P3P I have done around 75 flights.  I follow all the battery instructions in the manual and rotate my batteries. I had a hard landing today but flew the drone after that landing and everything seemed OK.  When I got home I tried to charge the battery and at first it would not charge so I put it back into the drone and turned it on. One green light came on briefly.  Then it started this issue.  At first it was just the red button light and one green light, then it was the red light and two green lights, then the red button and three green lights and now the red button and four green lights (as in the video).  There is no response whatsoever to pushing the button.  After several hours I tried charging again and nothing changed.

Hi there, was it possible that the battery circuit was vibrated by the hard landing? This is the possible reason for it after looking through what you've mentioned. The battery will not have a safety issue, it will just blink until the power drains. Please don't continue using it, give it to the designated battery recycling bins.
2018-3-14
Use props
Manufree
New

Hong Kong

please send the battery to repair,thanks.
2018-3-16
Use props
Cheryl3
lvl.1
United States

Manufree Posted at 2018-3-16 06:31
please send the battery to repair,thanks.

I have never had to have a repair.  What is the process?  Also, there has been a change.  Now LED 1 is flashing like the battery is low power but the battery will still not turn off.
2018-3-16
Use props
Jeremy Poltimore
New

United Kingdom

I have an Mavic pro with a Battary problem, it will not power off… there are 4 green lights with the middle two illuminated and the ether end lights off… they Battary powers off them comes back on… if left it turn of and on every 20s with just the two middle lights on?  Any ideas ??
2023-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules