Mind of its own?
706 7 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdaltonscheurn
New
United States

wondering if anyone has had their drone move or take off on its own? This is my first drone (Mavic Air)  and I’ve only had it a couple days.  Tonight when I went to fly the drone started to fly straight into my house and I couldn’t stop it. Thankfully I caught it before it hit the ground but the props were ruined. It’s a bummer when you spend that kind of money and the drone did what it did tonight. I’m already nervous enough flying it. Any help would be appreciated.  If you don’t mind DM’n me your responses I’d appreciate it. I’m new to this forum thing too lol
2018-3-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where you using the controller or a phone to fly it. Did you let it get all the satellites before you took off
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for this case. Did you receive any error messages in the app at that time? One occasion was the compass interference. If it is convenience, you can provide me with your flight data from the drone, I will forward to our engineers to check the data and find out the reason. You can export the data via DJI Assistant 2, upload to Dropbox and paste the link here. Thanks.
2018-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like you didn’t have gps locked.
2018-3-14
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm sorry to hear about your new drone!
I hate to say it but I think when people first get their drone, some just want to fly it without waiting for the GPS lock, home point set or being in the right place.
I crash my drone but inside my house. My Mavic started drifting and didn't know what to do then bang, it hit a wall.
My advice is take it slow. I hate to read stuff so I watched a few YouTube hints and tricks videos, as it gave me really good points to consider.
Have a look at this vid, it might help. Don't worry you'll enjoy it in no time!

2018-3-14
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

sorry for the crash, hope it will be back in the air quickly. fly safe
2018-3-14
Use props
Jdaltonscheurn
New
United States

Thank you guys for the info.
2018-3-14
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

yes the Air has a mind of it's own..i caught it having sex with my GF one day i came home.  All seriousness aside, check the settings, make sure it's in GPS mode, etc.
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules