Device not Connecting (either in bluetooth or in DJI Go app)
9596 15 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micah Hardt
New

United States

Hello there, I am struggling with my OSMO 2 device right out of the box. I have downloaded the software and mounted the device, and also signed up for the mobile app with my log-in credentials, but every time I select "Connect" on the device list (both in the app and/or in the bluetooth settings) the device doesn't connect. It will spin for a short moment and say "connecting", but then goes back to "connect". In the bluetooth settings I am getting the error that pairing "took too long" and the device needs to be checked.

I am using an iPhone 6S; iOS 11.2.6, DJI Go app version 3.1.28 (2861)

What am I missing here? I know I am smarter than this. . .   

Thanks in advance.

2018-3-13
Use props
Micah Hardt
New

United States

Here is some screenshots of what I'm getting.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Micah, sorry for the difficulties, please ensure there is no Bluetooth of other devices has been turned on and then try again.
2018-3-13
Use props
Micah Hardt
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 21:20
Hi Micah, sorry for the difficulties, please ensure there is no Bluetooth of other devices has been turned on and then try again.

Hey Mindy, thanks for the quick reply! Could you possibly clarify what you mean? Do you mean that this device isn't connected to any other phones via bluetooth? Or that there can be no other bluetooth devices connected to my phone (with the DJI Go app)?

Thanks!

Micah
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Micah Hardt Posted at 2018-3-13 21:25
Hey Mindy, thanks for the quick reply! Could you possibly clarify what you mean? Do you mean that this device isn't connected to any other phones via bluetooth? Or that there can be no other bluetooth devices connected to my phone (with the DJI Go app)?

Thanks!

Please make sure there is no other Bluetooth is turned on just in case the Bluetooth of Osmo Mobile is interrupted which may cause you are not able to connect to Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-3-13
Use props
adamlexpl
New

Poland

I have the same problem... still connecting (samsung S4), osmo mobile 2, what's is wrong ?
2018-6-15
Use props
Magendanz
New
United States

I'm hitting the same issue.  Have tried on a Huawei Mate SE and Nexus 5X, both running Android 8.1 (Oreo).  I even did a factory reset on the Nexus 5X, but it made no difference.

It's very finicky, but I'll occasionally see the OsmoM198DF670030465 pop up for a fraction of a second.  If I click Connect during that time, it just hangs while displaying "Connecting...".  I've tried dozens of times at this point, and only once got it to connect, but it then disconnected a few seconds later in the activation process.

Do I need to exchange for a replacement?
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Magendanz Posted at 2018-8-1 10:29
I'm hitting the same issue.  Have tried on a Huawei Mate SE and Nexus 5X, both running Android 8.1 (Oreo).  I even did a factory reset on the Nexus 5X, but it made no difference.

It's very finicky, but I'll occasionally see the OsmoM198DF670030465 pop up for a fraction of a second.  If I click Connect during that time, it just hangs while displaying "Connecting...".  I've tried dozens of times at this point, and only once got it to connect, but it then disconnected a few seconds later in the activation process.

Hi, sorry about the inconvenience that it caused. I recommend turning off all devices that require a Bluetooth connection, such as a smartwatch or other mobile devices to ensure that our Osmo mobile to can established the connection to your phone. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-8-1
Use props
Magendanz
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-1 13:57
Hi, sorry about the inconvenience that it caused. I recommend turning off all devices that require a Bluetooth connection, such as a smartwatch or other mobile devices to ensure that our Osmo mobile to can established the connection to your phone. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

That may sound easy, but I've got dozens of devices with Bluetooth in my home these days.  It might actually be easier to drive out into the country and find an empty field...but then I'd still need to get at least 100 meters away from my car.

You really need to figure a way to pair these devices with our phones in more typical first-world environments.  These days if we've got flush toilets, we've probably got Bluetooth in our TVs, amplifiers, appliances and doorbells...not to mention Google Home, Chromecast, and Amazon Echo devices.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Magendanz Posted at 2018-8-1 17:33
That may sound easy, but I've got dozens of devices with Bluetooth in my home these days.  It might actually be easier to drive out into the country and find an empty field...but then I'd still need to get at least 100 meters away from my car.

You really need to figure a way to pair these devices with our phones in more typical first-world environments.  These days if we've got flush toilets, we've probably got Bluetooth in our TVs, amplifiers, appliances and doorbells...not to mention Google Home, Chromecast, and Amazon Echo devices.

Hi, sorry about that, I understand that the scenario, however, we have to ensure that the connection of the Osmo Mobile 2 will be established properly to the phone. Thanks for understanding.
2018-8-2
Use props
Davejmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329140 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-2 09:17
Hi, sorry about that, I understand that the scenario, however, we have to ensure that the connection of the Osmo Mobile 2 will be established properly to the phone. Thanks for understanding.

I've had Osmo, Osmo +, Osmo Mobile and Osmo Mobile 2 has had this issue since it came out. It doesn't matter if you are locked underground in a bunker with no other Bluetooth devices except the target phone. Osmo Mobile 2 will not connect to any mobile device iOS 11.2, 11.3, 11.4.0 and tried again recently with a fresh install of iOS 11.4.1 and Android. The only way to fix this issue is to physically connect DJI Osmo Mobile 2 directly to phone using Micro USB to Female USB cable that comes with DJI Phantom. See video below.

2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Davejmedia Posted at 2018-8-16 14:19
I've had Osmo, Osmo +, Osmo Mobile 1 but Osmo Mobile 2 has had this issue since it came out. It doesn't matter if you are locked underground in a bunker with no other Bluetooth devices except the target phone. Osmo Mobile 2 will not connect to any mobile device iOS 11.2, 11.3, 11.4.0 and tried again recently with a fresh install of iOS 11.4.1 and Android.[view_image]

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask what specific device are you using? Where did you purchase the DJI Osmo mobile 2? If you're using 2 different devices, in any case, that you'll be using the other device ensure that the another device's bluetooth should be off. Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-8-16
Use props
Davejmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329140 ft
United States

This video resolve DJI Osmo Mobile 2 failing to Pair or Connect. If DJI Osmo Mobile 2 was ever connected to another phone it may fail to Pair or Connect with a new iPhone or Android Phone. For example, if someone returned their Osmo Mobile 2 and you purchased an open box or used it may not pair and fail to connect. This could also occur if you paired and connected your phone and then wiped or updated your iPhone or Android phone.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Davejmedia Posted at 2018-8-16 16:32
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Pairing Fix!

This video resolve DJI Osmo Mobile 2 failing to Pair or Connect. If DJI Osmo Mobile 2 was ever connected to another phone it may fail to Pair or Connect with a new iPhone or Android Phone. For example, if someone returned their Osmo Mobile 2 and you purchased an open box or used it may not pair and fail to connect. This could also occur if you paired and connected your phone and then wiped or updated your iPhone or Android phone.

Hi, I would like to ask if you manage to fix the issue using the video? Please let us know if you need our help.
2018-8-17
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I have paired my osmo with two different phones.. If both phones are around, I have to turn bluetooth off on the one that I am not using or else the osmo will not pair with the one that I want to use.  I often forget that and think my osmo is not working until I realize that it has linked up with the wrong phone.
2018-8-17
Use props
djiuser_4PvqDXTM5xhb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57516 ft
Canada

I had a similar issue where my Osmo Mobile 2 would not list in the DJI GO App; so, I just held both the buttons (ON button and the record button) together until the device turns on.  Once turned on, then I held the two buttons again until it shut off.  I then turned the OSMO on the normal way, and it then shows up listed in the App.  I clicked and connected easily.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules