Mavic Pro update incompatibility help
2526 4 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Just got my mavic pro last night. charged it, and controller up. Hooked up my phone and started everything up. All went great. However, it did say I needed to update firmware. I plugged the mavic pro in to my imac and started DJI assistant 2. Clicked on mavic pro and went to firmware update. My version is 4 releaese ago. Version 1. 03. There are 4 new releases since mine was manufactured, up to the current 1.04  My Concern is this, I got a dialog box that read, "Firmware incompatibility detected between new firmware and some modules". That was enought for me to unplug the mavic from the update until I find out what this means. Thanks for any help you can give me. I might just leave the MP and controller as is and fly with this older firmware. Don't need a gimbal error msg. due to an update. Let me know your experiences with the Pro and updating it.
2018-3-14
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Why would u unplu it? Calm down and take a breath your lucky u didnt brick it. Dont ever do that!... if you put in fresh batteries sometimes it will say that that is because the battery needs to update itself let it do its thing. And if u didnt switch to new batterys and got that prompt just "refresh fw"... basically u get this message most of the time because a battery needs updating that wasnt in drone when u had originally done update.
2018-3-14
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Also u can just update from phone...i have no problems with updating from the device....dont read into all the horror stories.  One critical thing you must do is charge everything to full 100% then do the update
2018-3-14
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-14 02:51
Also u can just update from phone...i have no problems with updating from the device....dont read into all the horror stories.  One critical thing you must do is charge everything to full 100% then do the update

So are you saying to jump right to the latest and most current release in spite of the warning box stating certain modules are incompatible? I do have everything at 100% charge. Thanks
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, you can update to the latest firmware directly, no worries, and we recommend that you update the drone and RC to the latest version. If you have more than one battery, please also update the firmware of each battery by changing the battery on the drone and do the firmware update procedure again.
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules