730 6 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans011bfe06
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259462 ft
Singapore

Hi all;

I am still new to the Mavic Pro. I have some experience building drones using APM over the past few years so quad flying is not really new to me.

I would need some adviceon the MP though. I have been flying the MP about a dozen times and it flew perfectly and happily.

Just a week back, we went out to a nearby beach resort and I was launching the drone from a roof of a beach villa. My flight log is here.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Y5KOVYSATHEETOD0FD1S/

Everything went fine till on the return path, suddenly the drone controls cut out at around 10m 10s mark. You can see the logged speed reducing to 0 and it sat hovering there and rotated to point north. Video was still transmitting but it refused to budge. Full control only resumed at around 10m 18s mark. It was quite a scare.

What I obeserved after I landed, i noticed that video stopped recording at the point the MP lost control. There was an error on the SDcard. And the controller gave SD ERR message. Battery levels were still good. Signals was spotty a couple of times flying out but on the return it was strong.

Other than that I did not see anything that could be wrong. Could SDcard error cause the drone to malfunction?

Can anyone help to advise if there is something I missed?

Thanks in advance

2018-3-14
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Singapore

Just to add, is the battery voltage levels on the phantomhelp wrongly decoded? Or is it something on my end?
2018-3-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jay W Posted at 2018-3-14 05:57
Just to add, is the battery voltage levels on the phantomhelp wrongly decoded? Or is it something on my end?

Nothing wrong with your voltage values, when u look into the csv file you see all normal values.
cheers JJB
2018-3-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This is the second phantomhelp logfile read out now that I see here on the forum with absolutely wild battery data. The other one was from a Mavic Air. Seems that phantomhelp might have a glitch these days.
2018-3-17
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Singapore

JJBspark Posted at 2018-3-17 04:59
Nothing wrong with your voltage values, when u look into the csv file you see all normal values.
cheers JJB

Thanks. The percentage seems fine. I was thinking it was a conversion error with the website
2018-3-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hi,

Tbh, i do not see any strange things in your flight log.
Speed went to zero at the end (pt. 6000) as a result of no pitch input.

Cheers
JJB

analysis 2018-03-03-17-41-49.png
2018-3-17
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Singapore

Thanks for plotting the points into a chart.

I do recall that my stick was on full forwards when the video (on the iPhone display) juddered and the MP halted and hovered and rotated to north by itself. No response to any stick control. Perhaps it was due to signal loss and was starting a RTH procedure looking that it started to rise higher at the same time.

2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules