2214 14 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
klute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45278055 ft
  • >>>
Norway

First one in windy conditions but still stabile shot. Second one through the clouds 180 m up in -5 C. She came down with a thin layer of ice on the propps. Yiiiha.
2015-5-5
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

The windy-day shot is very pretty.

Be VERY cautious about flying in clouds (you don't know who's in there with you).  Also, icing WILL crash your aircraft if you're not lucky.  It changes the surface shape of the props and can interfere with the airfoil shape that is needed to generate lift.  If that happens, the props can cease to be effective, resulting in an uncontrolled descent.  That's what causes full-size airplanes to crash as a result of ice - if the ice disturbs the wing shape in just the wrong way, the plane literally stops flying.  Just a word to the wise...
2015-5-5
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

Beautiful scenery!!!!  
2015-5-5
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

Wow wonderful shot... Got to try that here in Shanghai, we get pretty good fog here in the summers in the morning.

However... Pete is right be very careful in the cloud, and be careful of icing... That stuff brings down airliners all the time. It's no joke. As a licensed helicopter pilot I can tell you both conditions are dangerous for quads....
2015-5-5
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful scenery, cool that you were able to take it up in the clouds. It would have been nice to see a straight down show if it was a bit higher.
2015-5-5
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

That is coooool!   
2015-5-5
Use props
klute
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

Thanks for the tip Pete.
This was done i a secure location. I read lots of posts complaining about the Inspire but my experience is totally different. This is one though bird.
I'v told this story before but I just have one crash in my career and that was with my Inspire. Stupid crash into a weeery high powered line. All props totally damaged, the camera and gimbal broke off and fell 16 ft. into the ground and the body was hanging on the wire all night before we could get it down. Falling down the landing gear on one side broke. Sent it to Germany for reppair and 30 days later it was back 100% ok.
Cost 400€. I was afraid I had to by me a new one but nope, that was it. DJI rules all the way.
2015-5-5
Use props
copterviewdev
New

Germany

Dear Klute,

nice images but let me point out, that people like me who fly airplanes are really afraid of those, since we cannot survive a 5kg impact in our windscreen. And believe me, we have a hard time to see gliders in cloudy/sunny situation, and there is no chance to see an inspire when cruising with 160knots....in a valley just above the clouds...

I don't want to sound like a teacher, but please let us use the same airspace with care!
:-)
2015-5-11
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

Man - I do agree with the cautions of the group. But that imagery is AWESOME!!!
2015-5-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-6 06:32
The windy-day shot is very pretty.

Be VERY cautious about flying in clouds (you don't know who's in ...

This^^^^^^^^^^^  ..Great info !!!
2015-5-11
Use props
kennykustom
lvl.1

Canada

What temperature can we fly down to ?
2015-5-11
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As a pilot, I can see the danger in this but it sure is a awsume view... Its it?
2015-5-11
Use props
klute
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

copterviewdev Posted at 2015-5-11 18:11
Dear Klute,

nice images but let me point out, that people like me who fly airplanes are really afra ...

I agree. This was done i a remote aerea and with cation and munch local knowledge. No airplanes that low in this aerea.
2015-10-13
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome shots
2015-10-13
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Now that's a beautiful sight. Thanks for the video!
2015-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules