Drone found in Napa California..
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

I've just received word that someone found a drone behind a school nearby. I've no information on it, but I'll make a call tonight and see what I can find out. I'm in the west side of Napa, CA. If you lost it, let me know just what you lost and what area, we'll go from there.

2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Its mine its mine .......... oh hang on im in Australia lol      but ill take it anyway
2018-3-14
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

If the drone had 'Waltzing Mathilda" written on the side of the nose, give it to Hellsgate.  
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You are so kind! If you need any assistance, feel free to write an email to support@dji.com.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Is it possible to send the serial number to dji they may be able to cross check their records to identify the owner.
If this is possible then dji may be able to contact the owner and let them know that their drone has been found.
2018-3-15
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-14 13:35
Its mine its mine .......... oh hang on im in Australia lol      but ill take it anyway

so you were obviously using Litchi waypoints Hellsgate.
2018-3-15
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Maybe someone should start a drone registry?   Something voluntary -- where people could register their serial numbers and an email/phone number?

Then if a drone is found,  the registry could be checked?

This is something we don in the classic car world.   Not necessarily for theft/loss,  but for tracking ownership history.

Sid
2018-3-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Check reclaimdrone.com. Some owners register their drones there by the FAA number.
2018-3-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 2018-3-15 03:34
so you were obviously using Litchi waypoints Hellsgate.

Ummmm yes maybe lol.
But the battery had really good range hahaha
2018-3-15
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

On my drone I have  a small label which reads:  " If found please contact XXXXXXXX (mobile/cellphone number) Reward offered."

If the finder is honest you can at least be sure he will find you ! Simple really.

I don't see why others would not do the same unless they regularly transgress the law and don't wish to be identified.  
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules