Help! Issue connecting controller and DJI GO app to Mavic Air
1250 4 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kIeOEiCr1XZS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62018 ft
United States

Hi all...I have the following issue with a brand new Mavic Air....
-power up drone and the controller with no problem

-the drone and controller are never connected on startup, so I connect by holding button on tail of drone and holding 'pause' "Fn" and right blank fire key on the controller. the drone and the controller and now connected (green indicator lights on both ok)

-i then connect to the drone via wifi with my smartphone and open the DJI GO app. upon connecting to the drone --- my controller will automatically DISCONNECT itself from the drone (and not ideal to fly w/o the controller obviously)

-i then try and reconnect the controller to the drone with the same method as above...and when the controller connects to the drone...the DJI GO app automatically DISCONNECTS itself from the drone

SO IN SHORT: i can't be connected to the drone with the controller and the DJI GO app at the same time. as soon as i connect one, the other disconnects itself automatically.

Any ideas? Am i doing something wrong? Have others experienced this?

Thanks!
H
2018-3-14
Use props
Chris C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

Just a stupid question: You are selecting Wired Connection to use the controller yes?  

Also not necessarily related but I have had issues when I was already connected via wifi and then wanted to connect directly with the aircraft. I had to disconnect the wi-fi first from my phone and then select the connection I wanted manually.  It would not show me all of the wi fi connections without first disconnecting the wifi on the phone.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to refresh the latest firmware for both the drone and RC via the DJI Assistant 2. Then connect the RC and mobile device first, if the connection normal, next relink the RC and AC. See if it works.
If the issue persists, please provide me with a video of this case, as well as the firmware of your drone, the mobile device you are using, I would like to check.
2018-3-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You have to connect your mobile device via cable with the RC and that's it. Only the connection between RC and Mavic Air is via WiFi and once they are linked you do not need to link them each time again, they will connect automatically. You should connect your mobile via WiFi with the Mavic Air only if you want to fly without RC.
2018-3-18
Use props
Paulo de Lucca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft
Brazil

Good morning everyone, I'm having connection problems between Mavic Air and RC, I've tried all the methods I found on the web.

The first problem is that there is no response from Mavic air when I hold the button on the back of the AC, even holding enough time it hardly enters the connection mode, the times it entered could not synchronize.

I have tried to update the firmware by DJi Assitent 2 but when I connect the cable to the AC and it identifies a Mavic Pro and if this equipment is selected, the Assintent will not work.

I noticed on Youtube many people with this connection problem, the difference between my problem and all I saw is that my AC does not enter this mode the easy way as everyone shows, ie holding the button on the back for 3 sec.

Can anyone guide me how to proceed?

I'm in Brazil, I bought my Drone in the USA, I flew with him in Florida and once in Brazil, on the second attempt I lost the link between RC and AC.

I look forward to someone's help
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules