Samsung Galaxy J7 not working with Controller
4979 7 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
King210210
lvl.1
United States

My first drone ever (Spark) arrived by FedEx yesterday.  I fully charged the battery & controller, and downloaded the Go app into my Samsung Galaxy J7.  So far so good.  Next, the app told me to connect the phone to the Controller's Wifi.  I connected, but message says "INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE message.
Has anyone else has same problem with the same phone?
2018-3-14
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
Philippines

That's not a problem, since you are on the controllers wifi you wont have internet coming from it (the controller), i have the same phone but i use it as my cell, and use an old phone for the spark and use otg with it.
2018-3-14
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Get a iPhone they have no issues
2018-3-14
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
Philippines

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-3-14 17:07
Get a iPhone they have no issues

And cost more than a spark...
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please do not feel worry about it. Since spark use wifi connection, your phone will fail to connect the local wifi. Please inform us if you still have doubt.
2018-3-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That is pretty normal ("INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE"), because your RC/Spark is not a Internet-wifi ;-)
Which J7 model is yours? I have tried a 2015 model once, which was not be able to handle the Go4 stuff
2018-3-14
Use props
King210210
lvl.1

it is a model for AT& T that I purchased maybe six months ago (so it probably is a different edition that yours).  I figured the part about "internet may not be available"  But another issue that I am having is that it works with the controller, but I cannot seem to use it without the controller.  If I turn off the controller and just connect the J7 phone with the Spark, my phone cannot find the Spark's wifi.  Go figure
2018-3-24
Use props
djiuser_PzAAe5ng30ya
New

Philippines

King210210 Posted at 2018-3-24 21:59
it is a model for AT& T that I purchased maybe six months ago (so it probably is a different edition that yours).  I figured the part about "internet may not be available"  But another issue that I am having is that it works with the controller, but I cannot seem to use it without the controller.  If I turn off the controller and just connect the J7 phone with the Spark, my phone cannot find the Spark's wifi.  Go figure

Hi. Im planning to buy spark this coming christmas and i will use my J7 Prime on it. Can you tell me what model number is your J7? Mine is SM-G610Y. I bought it more than 2 years ago. Thanks
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules