Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 battery light flashing meanings
24250 12 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46568 ft
United States

I have a P4 battery that does not work..if i push the button the light four spaces to the left of the button just flashes...if i hold the button down all the lights light up for a moment, as if a full battery, then all shut off. The charger does not work on the battery. What is the meaning of the light flasing? Can the battery be fixed?
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, can the battery be powered on by pressing the power button once and then hold for 2 seconds? If not, I'm afraid that you have to send the battery in if it is still in warranty period. Also, you can find the battery protection mechanisms and corresponding LED patterns as below: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/20170706/Phantom_4_User_Manual_v1.6.pdf
Battery Protection LED Display.png
2018-3-14
Use props
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for responding but the light flashing pattern is not on that list..included is a video linkhttps://youtu.be/qKXdnneyhi4
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA Posted at 2018-3-14 19:54
Thanks for responding but the light flashing pattern is not on that list..included is a video linkhttps://youtu.be/qKXdnneyhi4

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid that this cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-14
Use props
ScottZion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834006 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have exactly the same issue with the first light blinking which isn't in the battery error chart and unable to charge. If I hold the power button down for 5 seconds to do a battery life check, 3 lights come on and one flashes which means plenty of life left. I'll be starting a support case. How did yours go?
2019-2-21
Use props
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
United States

ScottZion Posted at 2-21 19:12
I have exactly the same issue with the first light blinking which isn't in the battery error chart and unable to charge. If I hold the power button down for 5 seconds to do a battery life check, 3 lights come on and one flashes which means plenty of life left. I'll be starting a support case. How did yours go?
I never sent it in...
Turns out it was something to do with the batteries "brain."....i seen a video on how to repair it, which requires it to be gently cracked open. And jumper wire soldered onto the electronics board.... opened it but decided i did not have patience to do it.... then sold battery online, with pictures , and description of the batteries problems .. and someone bought it
2019-2-21
Use props
ScottZion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834006 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA Posted at 2-21 22:36
I never sent it in...
Turns out it was something to do with the batteries "brain."....i seen a video on how to repair it, which requires it to be gently cracked open. And jumper wire soldered onto the electronics board.... opened it but decided i did not have patience to do it.... then sold battery online, with pictures , and description of the batteries problems .. and someone bought it

Mine came back. I put it in the drone, was at %18 and ran until down till 8%. Took out and it was able to be charged. Don't know what the issue was but seems to be ok now.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ScottZion Posted at 2-23 09:29
Mine came back. I put it in the drone, was at %18 and ran until down till 8%. Took out and it was able to be charged. Don't know what the issue was but seems to be ok now.

Hi Scott, glad to know the issue has been solved, please keep us updated if there is any further issue, enjoy flying.
2019-2-23
Use props
Reid Overturf
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-14 18:26
Just to verify, can the battery be powered on by pressing the power button once and then hold for 2 seconds? If not, I'm afraid that you have to send the battery in if it is still in warranty period. Also, you can find the battery protection mechanisms and corresponding LED patterns as below: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/20170706/Phantom_4_User_Manual_v1.6.pdf

Hi Susan,

I am getting a Phantom 4 Pro back in the air after sitting for at least a year. It belongs to a friend's soccer club and given I own drones, he asked me to help him getting it going again.

I have a PH4-5870mAH-15.2V that while in the DJI GO 4 App says, "Battery cell error. Solution; to ensure battery health, do not power off the aircraft until discharging it to 5% after landing. Restart and sync the flight data. Contact DJI Support as soon as possible. Battery Cell Broken. Land quickly and replace battery."

I wasn't flying it but discharged it to 5% anyway. After that, I charged it again and it went through normal flashing lights of charging but just when it should have finished, the number 3 light would flash twice every second.

I have a second battery that charges normally then all the lights go out and there are no error messages in the DJI GO 4 app. Should I just submit a case on the battery with the flashing number three light? What is the normal cost to fix or replace a battery?

Thanks for the help.

Reid
2019-10-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reid Overturf Posted at 10-1 17:57
Hi Susan,

I am getting a Phantom 4 Pro back in the air after sitting for at least a year. It belongs to a friend's soccer club and given I own drones, he asked me to help him getting it going again.

Hi Reid, generally, the LED3 blinks twice per second means overcharge detected, you may re-plug the charger and try again later. If the issue remains and the unit is under warranty period, I'm sorry that you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-10-1
Use props
Reid Overturf
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 10-1 23:43
Hi Reid, generally, the LED3 blinks twice per second means overcharge detected, you may re-plug the charger and try again later. If the issue remains and the unit is under warranty period, I'm sorry that you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Hi Susan,

I tried what you suggested and got the same results; the third light blinking twice every second. The charger works fine on another batter and the controller.

If the drone  and battery are out of warranty, can I still start a case and ship it to you folks for analysis or, should I just get a new batter?

Thanks for your time,

Reid
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reid Overturf Posted at 10-2 02:42
Hi Susan,

I tried what you suggested and got the same results; the third light blinking twice every second. The charger works fine on another batter and the controller.

Thanks for getting back to us. If the battery has been out of warranty, I'm afraid that you may consider purchasing a new battery as there is no repair value. Sorry about that.
2019-10-3
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 10200459 ft
United States

What r my options for a battery that says it has a bad cell? The battery is almost 2 years old...  160 charges, 87% usage mark.  Is it worth sending in to be checked? Can u guys give me an idea of what cost i am looking at to either have a cell replaced or have it replaced at some discount perhaps? (btw, i already ordered another, but i would not mind having an extra if the cost works out)...
7-19 20:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules