Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 battery light flashing meanings
12Next >
60175 49 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46568 ft
United States

I have a P4 battery that does not work..if i push the button the light four spaces to the left of the button just flashes...if i hold the button down all the lights light up for a moment, as if a full battery, then all shut off. The charger does not work on the battery. What is the meaning of the light flasing? Can the battery be fixed?
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, can the battery be powered on by pressing the power button once and then hold for 2 seconds? If not, I'm afraid that you have to send the battery in if it is still in warranty period. Also, you can find the battery protection mechanisms and corresponding LED patterns as below: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/20170706/Phantom_4_User_Manual_v1.6.pdf
Battery Protection LED Display.png
2018-3-14
Use props
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for responding but the light flashing pattern is not on that list..included is a video linkhttps://youtu.be/qKXdnneyhi4
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA Posted at 2018-3-14 19:54
Thanks for responding but the light flashing pattern is not on that list..included is a video linkhttps://youtu.be/qKXdnneyhi4

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid that this cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-14
Use props
ScottZion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834006 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have exactly the same issue with the first light blinking which isn't in the battery error chart and unable to charge. If I hold the power button down for 5 seconds to do a battery life check, 3 lights come on and one flashes which means plenty of life left. I'll be starting a support case. How did yours go?
2019-2-21
Use props
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
United States

ScottZion Posted at 2-21 19:12
I have exactly the same issue with the first light blinking which isn't in the battery error chart and unable to charge. If I hold the power button down for 5 seconds to do a battery life check, 3 lights come on and one flashes which means plenty of life left. I'll be starting a support case. How did yours go?
I never sent it in...
Turns out it was something to do with the batteries "brain."....i seen a video on how to repair it, which requires it to be gently cracked open. And jumper wire soldered onto the electronics board.... opened it but decided i did not have patience to do it.... then sold battery online, with pictures , and description of the batteries problems .. and someone bought it
2019-2-21
Use props
ScottZion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834006 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA Posted at 2-21 22:36
I never sent it in...
Turns out it was something to do with the batteries "brain."....i seen a video on how to repair it, which requires it to be gently cracked open. And jumper wire soldered onto the electronics board.... opened it but decided i did not have patience to do it.... then sold battery online, with pictures , and description of the batteries problems .. and someone bought it

Mine came back. I put it in the drone, was at %18 and ran until down till 8%. Took out and it was able to be charged. Don't know what the issue was but seems to be ok now.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ScottZion Posted at 2-23 09:29
Mine came back. I put it in the drone, was at %18 and ran until down till 8%. Took out and it was able to be charged. Don't know what the issue was but seems to be ok now.

Hi Scott, glad to know the issue has been solved, please keep us updated if there is any further issue, enjoy flying.
2019-2-23
Use props
Reid Overturf
New

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-14 18:26
Just to verify, can the battery be powered on by pressing the power button once and then hold for 2 seconds? If not, I'm afraid that you have to send the battery in if it is still in warranty period. Also, you can find the battery protection mechanisms and corresponding LED patterns as below: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/20170706/Phantom_4_User_Manual_v1.6.pdf

Hi Susan,

I am getting a Phantom 4 Pro back in the air after sitting for at least a year. It belongs to a friend's soccer club and given I own drones, he asked me to help him getting it going again.

I have a PH4-5870mAH-15.2V that while in the DJI GO 4 App says, "Battery cell error. Solution; to ensure battery health, do not power off the aircraft until discharging it to 5% after landing. Restart and sync the flight data. Contact DJI Support as soon as possible. Battery Cell Broken. Land quickly and replace battery."

I wasn't flying it but discharged it to 5% anyway. After that, I charged it again and it went through normal flashing lights of charging but just when it should have finished, the number 3 light would flash twice every second.

I have a second battery that charges normally then all the lights go out and there are no error messages in the DJI GO 4 app. Should I just submit a case on the battery with the flashing number three light? What is the normal cost to fix or replace a battery?

Thanks for the help.

Reid
2019-10-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reid Overturf Posted at 10-1 17:57
Hi Susan,

I am getting a Phantom 4 Pro back in the air after sitting for at least a year. It belongs to a friend's soccer club and given I own drones, he asked me to help him getting it going again.

Hi Reid, generally, the LED3 blinks twice per second means overcharge detected, you may re-plug the charger and try again later. If the issue remains and the unit is under warranty period, I'm sorry that you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-10-1
Use props
Reid Overturf
New

DJI Susan Posted at 10-1 23:43
Hi Reid, generally, the LED3 blinks twice per second means overcharge detected, you may re-plug the charger and try again later. If the issue remains and the unit is under warranty period, I'm sorry that you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Hi Susan,

I tried what you suggested and got the same results; the third light blinking twice every second. The charger works fine on another batter and the controller.

If the drone  and battery are out of warranty, can I still start a case and ship it to you folks for analysis or, should I just get a new batter?

Thanks for your time,

Reid
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reid Overturf Posted at 10-2 02:42
Hi Susan,

I tried what you suggested and got the same results; the third light blinking twice every second. The charger works fine on another batter and the controller.

Thanks for getting back to us. If the battery has been out of warranty, I'm afraid that you may consider purchasing a new battery as there is no repair value. Sorry about that.
2019-10-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

What r my options for a battery that says it has a bad cell? The battery is almost 2 years old...  160 charges, 87% usage mark.  Is it worth sending in to be checked? Can u guys give me an idea of what cost i am looking at to either have a cell replaced or have it replaced at some discount perhaps? (btw, i already ordered another, but i would not mind having an extra if the cost works out)...
2020-7-19
Use props
Ahmad Rafique
New

Pakistan

When i charge phantom 4 pro battery LED 1 blinks 17 time and off a moments then blinks again but not charging plz tell me what is it and how fix it.
2021-3-12
Use props
Ahmad Rafique
New

Pakistan

When i charge phantom 4 pro battery LED 1 blinks 17 time and off a moments then blinks again but not charging plz tell me what is it and how fix it.
2021-3-12
Use props
Ahmad Rafique
New

Pakistan

2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ahmad Rafique Posted at 3-12 09:58

Hi there, please try to keep charging for 2 hours to see if it can be charged. If the issue is not solved, and the battery is within the warranty period, you may try to contact the retail store for further assistance.
2021-3-13
Use props
Rdavis103
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94373 ft

United States

Hi,  I purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro battery from the DJI store on Amazon.  When I opened the box and pushed the button on the battery the first LED lights up and the second LED blinks.  I read the manual which said to charge the battery.  I put the battery on my charging hub from DJI with the 3 bays to charge up to 3 batteries at the same time.  The battery LED's do not come on at all and do not blink to indicate charging in progress.  Should I send the battery back for a replacement from the DJI store, or is there another method or steps I should attempt??  Thank you!
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
United States

Rdavis103@hotmail.com Posted at 5-4 14:20
Hi,  I purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro battery from the DJI store on Amazon.  When I opened the box and pushed the button on the battery the first LED lights up and the second LED blinks.  I read the manual which said to charge the battery.  I put the battery on my charging hub from DJI with the 3 bays to charge up to 3 batteries at the same time.  The battery LED's do not come on at all and do not blink to indicate charging in progress.  Should I send the battery back for a replacement from the DJI store, or is there another method or steps I should attempt??  Thank you!

If you have reciept & everything is legit purchaae wise,  absolutely.  Tell DJI customer service your issue, they will probably just send you a new one
2022-5-4
Use props
Rdavis103
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA Posted at 5-4 14:37
If you have reciept & everything is legit purchaae wise,  absolutely.  Tell DJI customer service your issue, they will probably just send you a new one

thank you for replying!  

I found that if I unplug the battery hub and charge the new battery directly with the cable that powers the hub, it charges.

the hub still works for the other two (not brand new) batteries.  perhaps the new one was in hibernation mode or something and having awoken will work now on the hub??

if not I feel like I should return it because it's a one off kind of circumstance and since I bought DJI OEM it should all work the same.

2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rdavis103@hotmail.com Posted at 5-4 16:17
thank you for replying!  

I found that if I unplug the battery hub and charge the new battery directly with the cable that powers the hub, it charges.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please make the battery is installed correctly in the hub. Besides, you are advised to try the charging again.
2022-5-4
Use props
Rdavis103
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-4 19:37
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please make the battery is installed correctly in the hub. Besides, you are advised to try the charging again.

Hi, thank you.  It seems to be working normally now.  I unplugged the cable from the charging hub and plugged it directly into the new battery and it charged to full capacity.  Then I used the new battery to run the Phantom 4 Pro and it seemed to work fine.  After it was depleted to 2 LED lights I was able to recharge it on the charger hub (without plugging the cable directly into the battery).  Thanks again!
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Rdavis103@hotmail.com Posted at 5-5 14:24
Hi, thank you.  It seems to be working normally now.  I unplugged the cable from the charging hub and plugged it directly into the new battery and it charged to full capacity.  Then I used the new battery to run the Phantom 4 Pro and it seemed to work fine.  After it was depleted to 2 LED lights I was able to recharge it on the charger hub (without plugging the cable directly into the battery).  Thanks again!

Glad to know that. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

Hello Susan! Please I am new here but I need technical explanation and assistance.  I have just started reseting and repairs dji batteries.
I swapped bms from a phantom 4 battery with a voltage 13.4v to another phantom 4 with battery voltage of 16.4v. But when I connect this to ev2400 module using Texas instrument software, the battery would not be recognized, but if it does, the cells voltages are looking some kind of random and unacceptable. If I refresh the whole data wipes, for data to be read again i would have to press the power button and quickly refresh the software, then same random cells voltages appear again.
But if I use this same bms on the 13.4v cell pack it is well recognized by the software.  Pls what is the problem here and the solution. I am new in repairs of these batteries

I have tried like two working bms on that same battery pack of 16.4v it does same thing.
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43 Posted at 10-12 23:10
Hello Susan! Please I am new here but I need technical explanation and assistance.  I have just started reseting and repairs dji batteries.
I swapped bms from a phantom 4 battery with a voltage 13.4v to another phantom 4 with battery voltage of 16.4v. But when I connect this to ev2400 module using Texas instrument software, the battery would not be recognized, but if it does, the cells voltages are looking some kind of random and unacceptable. If I refresh the whole data wipes, for data to be read again i would have to press the power button and quickly refresh the software, then same random cells voltages appear again.
But if I use this same bms on the 13.4v cell pack it is well recognized by the software.  Pls what is the problem here and the solution. I am new in repairs of these batteries

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. After further checking with our team, please note that the battery is not supported to be repaired by yourself. If the battery is damaged, you are advised to send it back for further testing if it's under warranty period. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-10-14
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

Ok.

Secondly I have issues with software installation on my android phone. This is the error message I often get when i try to install. Internet connection is not a problem here. Even using my friends phones it's same issue.
Screenshot_20221017-183747.jpg
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43 Posted at 10-17 09:46
Ok.

Secondly I have issues with software installation on my android phone. This is the error message I often get when i try to install. Internet connection is not a problem here. Even using my friends phones it's same issue.

Could you download the latest DJI Go 4 through this link? https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4  Please find the setting of "Install unknown apps" in the phone system settings, turn on the switch of "Allow from this source", restart the phone, and then go to the file manager to open this file again to see if it works.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

Thanks it works
2022-10-18
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

The next challenge I am having now is that the battery information tells me "battery signal erro, cells broken"  pls I need help on what to do
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43 Posted at 10-18 10:36
The next challenge I am having now is that the battery information tells me "battery signal erro, cells broken"  pls I need help on what to do

Glad to know it works. As for the battery issue, could you please provide us with a screenshot to check the error message?
2022-10-18
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

These are the screen shots
Screenshot_20221020-184713.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-183840.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-184823.jpg
2022-10-20
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

These are the errors I get from two different batteries
2022-10-20
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-18 23:01
Glad to know it works. As for the battery issue, could you please provide us with a screenshot to check the error message?

The errors from two batteries
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43 Posted at 10-20 10:32
The errors from two batteries

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please screenshot the cell voltage interface when the prompt occurs?
2022-10-20
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

Thank you so much for ur previous response to my quest.
This time I have a mavic pro battery and a phantom 4 battery.  the error message I get from both batteries is that "battery authentication failed"

Pls how can I resolve this.
Screenshot_20221104-203607.jpg
Screenshot_20221104-203357.jpg
Screenshot_20221104-203346.jpg
2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Thanks for the updated information, we will confirm all the details and keep you updated asap.
Thank you for your support again.
2022-11-5
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-5 23:41
Hi, there.
Thanks for the updated information, we will confirm all the details and keep you updated asap.

Thanks for rssponse

On a second thought here in Nigeria no dji service station to help solve dji problems . I want to take up this services for both the dji drones and batteries.  Pls what so you say about this ?
2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43 Posted at 11-5 23:58
Thanks for rssponse

On a second thought here in Nigeria no dji service station to help solve dji problems . I want to take up this services for both the dji drones and batteries.  Pls what so you say about this ?

If you want to repair it directly, you can contact the local reseller to solve this problem.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-5 23:41
Hi, there.

Update:
We have confirmed your information with the relevant team, and the following is our suggestion:
Please try another battery (if any) for troubleshooting.
If the issue is resolved after using another battery, it indicates that the battery is malfunctioning.
If the issue persists after trying several batteries, please contact the local reseller and send the battery and aircraft back for inspection as the aircraft or the battery may be malfunctioning.
For malfunctioning components, we recommend wiping metal contact pins on the battery or the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration > 75%).
If the issue persists, send the battery for repair if it is under warranty. If the battery is out of warranty, please purchase a new one.
You can send the aircraft for repair regardless of whether it is under warranty.

Thank you.
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-6 00:47
Update:
We have confirmed your information with the relevant team, and the following is our suggestion:
Please try another battery (if any) for troubleshooting.

Ok, i understand.
It all started like this. I am a computer engineer, work on laptops hardware problems.
So recently i come across battery repair modules such as NLBA1, EV2400. i bought EV2400 which can be used to reset both laptop and drones batteries when they are locked due to related cells problem. I take time much to watch tutorials from youtube and have good knowledge added to my engineering laptop before.

So i decide to include batteries repair to my niche.
So many drone operators for photography work do have issues with their batteries here so i bought the EV2400 clone from Aliexpress.  I use the texas instrument software the bq studios..

I have understood the procedures to interface the batteries bms to this module and read the batteries status on computer.

The mavic pro battery had one cell voltage lower than the others hensce the initial error message was "battery cell broken" hence it locked. After i balance the cell voltage i use the bq studio to clear the pf flag
2022-11-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules