1539 11 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After reading a few posts re Inspires going out of control over water, is there an issue here or is it coincidence?My bird recently was temporarily out of control and at the time, I put this down to a gimbal glitch whilst flying FPV.
It happened over water and I am now beginning to wonder????
Is the vision positioning system getting confused over water and causing unwanted control inputs?
Would it be possible to choose to completely disable the vision positioning system in the next app and firmware upgrade?
Any views Guys and Girls?

2015-5-5
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Disable adaptive landing gear...But I doubt that the sensors get confused unless you fly extremely close to the water.
2015-5-5
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Disabling adaptive landing gear will disable the gear function but will the sensors still be operating to maintain position if relevant?
2015-5-5
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-5-6 04:49
Disabling adaptive landing gear will disable the gear function but will the sensors still be operati ...

Yes, but only within their normal working range.

Some of these 'over water incidents' have happened at 20m and above so I think that rules out the vision positioning system.

Multipath maybe a problem though.........
2015-5-5
Use props
roy86au
lvl.3

Australia

I've flown over water quite a few times and have had no issues. During the floods in Sydney (Australia) the other week, I had some time to fly between 1m and 30m off the surface and did not observe any flight issues (Adaptive Landing Gear Disabled)
2015-5-5
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

what do you mean that it was out of control? i had a similar stuation yesterday . i almost lost my inspire 1... was over water for a few secs and then all over the palce.
2015-5-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

This is a non issue. Flown over water >50x. No problems
2015-5-5
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

I did fly over the water on saturday and nothing happen. So i dont know... Some one else was on s hoot and over a pool and the Dron went nuts ended up in the water bc his prop clip a branch.
2015-5-5
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

No issues flying over water, going over cliffs, pretty much doing anything.    Only if you lose GPS should it get weird in any way.
Unless you mean flying 6 inches above the water, in which case I couldn't advise.   I've flown about 3 feet off the water with no problems at all.
2015-5-5
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the input Guys. I have also flown over water a lot at varying heights without issue but as mentioned on one occassion there were problems. Hopefully we can put the problems down to coincidence and not actually connected to the water. The vision positioning system definately senses water as I had the landing gear come down while flying low and fast over water before the option to disable it was available.
2015-5-6
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

I was out trying different settings on the camera, thought to myself would it not be awesome to capture some birds in flight at 60fps and slow it down to look like a national geo film!  Dam geese were not afraid of the drone and just keep swimming around.  At some points in the video I was less then 2 feet from the water.

2015-5-14
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

deleted

deleted thread
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules