So I've got my P3...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Like many others I'm awaiting the ios App, but in the meantime I thought I'd have a play.

Controller on, P3 on, green light on the controller and twin green on the P3 (indoors). But motors wont start. nothing. do I really need the app to fly, even without camera or do I have a dodgy one?

Cheers

2015-5-5
Use props
gcmini
lvl.1

United States

Nope, you have a $1300 paperweight until they release the app.  Mine has been sitting on bench for a week now.
2015-5-5
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

It seems the P3 needs to be activated with the non-existing app.
However the gimbal dial, video and photo record buttons are working
2015-5-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does need to be activated before you fly.  You can borrow an Android device and do this.  
2015-5-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does need to be activated before you fly.  You can borrow an Android device and do this.  
2015-5-5
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

gcmini Posted at 2015-5-6 04:32
Nope, you have a $1300 paperweight until they release the app.  Mine has been sitting on bench for a ...

If you have updated both p3 and controller to newest firmware, you will be able to activate the p3 allowing it to fly but you'll have no camera connection to the app. You will be able to activate with an iOS device though. The current version of the app will work.
2015-5-5
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

If you have updated both p3 and controller to newest firmware, you will be able to activate the p3 allowing it to fly but you'll have no camera connection to the app. You will be able to activate with an iOS device though. The current version of the app will work.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules