4070 19 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cottontop
New

United States

Brand new to Drone Technology. Looking for best, basic simple step pre-flight checklist for Mavic Pro..any thoughts?
2018-3-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

make sure you take off in an open field, no wifi or any tall buildings, start in beginers mode and get used to the drone first. make sure you remove the gimble cover before starting up drone and have fun.
2018-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 15095994 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is one in the back pages of the DJI manual. Suggest you read that cover to cover, twice, before taking the drone out.
2018-3-15
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

look always compass and imu values and record home point before take off.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Thanks for selecting DJI, here is the Pre-flight Checklist of Mavic Pro for your reference:
2018-3-15
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-15 06:47
There is one in the back pages of the DJI manual. Suggest you read that cover to cover, twice, before taking the drone out.

Agreed, read the manual, read the manual, view the tutorials in GO 4 app. Power it up and connect with props removed, get familiar with all the functions and settings in GO 4. Then when you are finally confident, read the manual again.
A large majority of problems with these Aircraft, stem from lack of knowledge.
Another great tool is a small trainer quad, hobby grade without headless mode, I use an Inductrix, fly it around the house and the yard, get used to manual flight mode, this will give you the skills to fly home if something goes wrong with automated flight modes.
Good luck, and welcome.
2018-3-15
Use props
Cottontop
New

United States

Thanks for the feedback all.
2018-3-15
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I have just one suggestion.  Read the manual.  Oh wait, everybody above beat me to it.    Welcome to the forum.  Once you've done the suggestions above, let's see some great video.  
2018-3-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4463455 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-3-15 07:20
Agreed, read the manual, read the manual, view the tutorials in GO 4 app. Power it up and connect with props removed, get familiar with all the functions and settings in GO 4. Then when you are finally confident, read the manual again.
A large majority of problems with these Aircraft, stem from lack of knowledge.
Another great tool is a small trainer quad, hobby grade without headless mode, I use an Inductrix, fly it around the house and the yard, get used to manual flight mode, this will give you the skills to fly home if something goes wrong with automated flight modes.

Great Advice
2018-3-15
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

best wishes and good luck
2018-3-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-15 06:47
There is one in the back pages of the DJI manual. Suggest you read that cover to cover, twice, before taking the drone out.

Then after that, read it again..... LOL...  Really....Read it several more times.  
2018-3-15
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 07:12
Thanks for selecting DJI, here is the Pre-flight Checklist of Mavic Pro for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8

Thought I would check with what every one said and see if it followed my own checklist.

Found out I never checked the Gimbal to see if it was  mounted correctly. Thanks Mindy for the DJI video.

It pays to go over procedures because a lot of us get relaxed and that is when we make mistakes.

To Everyone: Fly Safe.
2018-3-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The most valuable advice I can offer is, Do Not take to the air until you have heard "Your home point has been recorded, please check it on the map"

As others have stated...do read the manual and if in doubt ask questions on the forum, there are plenty of people here more than willing to offer guidance and assistance.  I didn't join the forum for over two years and I wasted time and energy going it alone, a few difficult times could have be avoided.  I LOVE IT HERE so much information and you learn something new more often than not.
2018-3-15
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 503517 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 07:12
Thanks for selecting DJI, here is the Pre-flight Checklist of Mavic Pro for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8

I just got my Mavic 3 days ago and I notice that there was something not right about the controller it was rattling making a noise that something was loose well long story short it took me three hours if not more to finally to get it up and running well I wanted it to stay in beginners mode and I never took it out of beginners mode but all the remote would say is atti mode atti mode now I tried indoors just to make sure but it would hover and fall to ground so I thought it might be due to my home having to much metal so I tried outside. Still nothing and now controller going crazy well it took off and crash and  I don’t understand what went wrong all I know it wouldn’t get out of atti mode and the controller was jumping from one thing after another I had no control at all for me to even fly my Mavic
2018-3-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try and fly the drone in Beginner Mode and Tripod Mode the first few times out, which should give you a level of comfort to expand above and beyond.
2018-3-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-15 23:29
Try and fly the drone in Beginner Mode and Tripod Mode the first few times out, which should give you a level of comfort to expand above and beyond.

Also, try and view YouTube footage of people who own the Mavic Pro and walk you through their initial experiences. YouTube definitely helps you acclimate to the drone.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-3-15 22:36
I just got my Mavic 3 days ago and I notice that there was something not right about the controller it was rattling making a noise that something was loose well long story short it took me three hours if not more to finally to get it up and running well I wanted it to stay in beginners mode and I never took it out of beginners mode but all the remote would say is atti mode atti mode now I tried indoors just to make sure but it would hover and fall to ground so I thought it might be due to my home having to much metal so I tried outside. Still nothing and now controller going crazy well it took off and crash and  I don’t understand what went wrong all I know it wouldn’t get out of atti mode and the controller was jumping from one thing after another I had no control at all for me to even fly my Mavic

Sorry to hear about the crash. For your case, I recommend that you sync the flight records and export the flight log, then contact the support to open a case and send the drone in, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause of the crash. If it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired/replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-15 15:42
Thought I would check with what every one said and see if it followed my own checklist.

Found out I never checked the Gimbal to see if it was  mounted correctly. Thanks Mindy for the DJI video.

Glad to know the video helps, gimbal is very important and we must look after it well, fly safe.
2018-3-15
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 23:48
Glad to know the video helps, gimbal is very important and we must look after it well, fly safe.

Thanks Mindy
2018-3-16
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>
United States

See if this helps.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced