Osmo Gimbal Limp
3577 9 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jturner248
lvl.1
Costa Rica

I've had the Osmo for less than two months.  I tested it out loads before taking it with my team to film a documentary in Costa Rica.  We are here for three weeks and five days in, after taking loads of video, the gimbal stops working on the Osmo.

We can power it on, connect to the app, see everything through the camera, and even record photos and videos but the gimbal is limp.  When you double-tap the trigger, the gimbal convulses and hits itself trying to get to a position it cannot physically get to.  There are now numerous small marks on the gimbal structure from the camera hitting itself.  

And to head off the first round of questions, yes, I've tried turning it on and off again.  Yes, I've restarted the app.  Several times.  Yes, it is the most recent firmware.  

It would be NICE to be able to use this device for what I purchased it for while here in Costa Rica.  Day by day we are missing opportunities for great footage because this thing is just a brick in my backpack!

I am VERY disappointed to learn that this is a common problem and that lots of people have had to send their Osmos back for repair.  I would prefer to get it fixed NOW, so hopefully someone on here can help me do that.  Thanks.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your experience with our product and the inconvenience caused to your job, just to verify, is there beep sound when you power on the device? Please make sure every axis has been unlocked. If the issue persists, please refer to the tutorial video below to flash the firmware to see if it helps:
2018-3-15
Use props
jturner248
lvl.1
Costa Rica

It does beep.  All of the gimbals are unlocked.  And as I mentioned above, the firmware is up to date . . .
2018-3-16
Use props
jturner248
lvl.1
Costa Rica

But just to be sure, I tried what the video suggested, twice and the red and green flashed a couple of times and then went dark.  It continues to beep and when I connect with the phone I can still see through the camera and take pics and videos but the gimbal does not stabilize and cannot be steered with the joystick.  The camera is limp, as described in the thread title.
2018-3-16
Use props
jturner248
lvl.1
Costa Rica

I receive no error messages but if I try auto-calibration of the gimbal, it stays at 0%.
2018-3-16
Use props
jturner248
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 18:41
Sorry for your experience with our product and the inconvenience caused to your job, just to verify, is there beep sound when you power on the device? Please make sure every axis has been unlocked. If the issue persists, please refer to the tutorial video below to flash the firmware to see if it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvahCGAtZvU

Hello?  Is there ever going to be a response for this?  
2018-4-2
Use props
jturner248
lvl.1
United States

Nothing? No one is even going to respond?
2018-4-3
Use props
jturner248
lvl.1
United States

The product is broken, through no fault of my own, and from searching online, I can see that this is a very common problem.  Someone please help me get this fixed.  Come on now.
2018-4-3
Use props
Hawk I
lvl.1
South Africa

Hey guys
I just bought my osmo yesterday so that I can take it with on our honeymoon ( which is in 2 days)   and I seem to be getting the same problem. After unlocking all the axis and switching my osmo on it starts beeping and it gives me a message on the Goapp to please reactivate the gimbal.  Iv tried locking and unlocking the gimble a few times as well as removing the gimbal from the handle and putting it back and restarting but did not work ,, Iv also made sure my firmware and app is up to date but no luck.

How fo i fix it & why is there so many faulty gimbals out there Dji?

2018-5-1
Use props
jturner248
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wish I could give you better news or a secret fix, but I had to send mine in to get it fixed.  I'm currently waiting for them to send it back.  Really sucks that so many Osmo are faulty.
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules