Zoom - Zemnuse Z3 or Zenmuse X5 olympus lens 12mm
1709 13 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pablo357br
New
Brazil

Staff would like some help. I have the inspire 1 pro with zenmuse x5. I would like to zoom in for some work. The question is, do I buy the Olympus digital 12mm lens or buy zenmuse Z3, which one would give me the ZOOM of the highest quality in photos and videos?
2018-3-15
Use props
djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36
lvl.2

Philippines

Z3 is has a lot of mm range and weighing only a bit more than the x3.

X5R though for pure quality.

X5 isn't worth in my opinion

2018-3-15
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Z3 is an awesome camera. I had one when I had an Inspire 1 and miss it terribly. I have tried all kinds of different zooms on the X5S and they all suck.
Check out this video I shot with the Z3. This was shot from a stationary hover. It was also quite windy, but it did not show in the footage.

2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you would like the zoom function with Zenmuse x5, Olympus digital 12mm lens will not work, in our compatible list, only Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ has the zoon function. You can select either this one or Z3.
2018-3-15
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 23:05
If you would like the zoom function with Zenmuse x5, Olympus digital 12mm lens will not work, in our compatible list, only Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ has the zoon function. You can select either this one or Z3.

Hi Mindy, sorry to but in, I have just ordered one -
I hope you are right I have just ordered a Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ
It looks very small and neat, and with a zoom function.
Will the (Zoom)  work through the DJI GO app?
I should get it in a few days, I have a DJI Inspire 1 Pro with a X5 camera and standard lens setup.
bye for now,
Dave
2018-4-10
Use props
Jordak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954140 ft
  • >>>
United States

davawt Posted at 2018-4-10 09:56
Hi Mindy, sorry to but in, I have just ordered one -

davawt the Olympus 14-42 will work fine. I use it as well from time to time and I fly the Inspire Pro which has the X5 camera. Once you change the lenses there will be a slide bar on the go app that you can use to zoom in and out with.
2018-4-10
Use props
Jordak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jordak Posted at 2018-4-10 11:09
davawt the Olympus 14-42 will work fine. I use it as well from time to time and I fly the Inspire Pro which has the X5 camera. Once you change the lenses there will be a slide bar on the go app that you can use to zoom in and out with.

And Dave there is a balance ring that should be used with the Olympus 14-42 lens it is BR-037-23.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 2018-4-10 09:56
Hi Mindy, sorry to but in, I have just ordered one -

Yes, you can zoom in and out via DJI Go, there would be T and W icon in the APP, besides, you can keep pressing C2, then turn the left dial in RC to zoom in and out, hope you will receive it soon and please let us know if there is any issue.
2018-4-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-11 02:45
Yes, you can zoom in and out via DJI Go, there would be T and W icon in the APP, besides, you can keep pressing C2, then turn the left dial in RC to zoom in and out, hope you will receive it soon and please let us know if there is any issue.

Thanks for the info Mindy,
The RC (C2) switch + (LH Dial) sounds very good.
I will let you know when I get it and I am ready and running.
bye
davawt
2018-4-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Jordak Posted at 2018-4-10 11:09
davawt the Olympus 14-42 will work fine. I use it as well from time to time and I fly the Inspire Pro which has the X5 camera. Once you change the lenses there will be a slide bar on the go app that you can use to zoom in and out with.

Thanks Jordak,
Have a look at Mindy's reply lower down about C2 switch.
bye
davawt
2018-4-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Jordak Posted at 2018-4-10 11:22
And Dave there is a balance ring that should be used with the Olympus 14-42 lens it is BR-037-23.

Thanks again Jordak,
I ordered a Balancing ring when I ordered the Lens.
I used WEX cameras and they are good at letting me know what's what.
bye
Dave
2018-4-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-11 02:45

Hi Mindy,
I got the new lens (Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ) and set it up as per the manual.
Everything seems to work perfectly, but the Zoom wheel on the Lens touches the Gimbal.
I have had a good look around the web and found they are all the same, some people have filed the zoom wheel down so it clears the gimbal others have sent them back. I have found if I stay with in the area shown on the GO app and use the C2 LH Remote wheel all works well, I don't want to return it or file the lens zoom wheel. so I will keep doing the zoom as per the Remote (C2 and the LH Wheel on the remote)
I have only tried this in (House) today as I only got it after Lunch time. (Poor Weather here) I will keep you informed as things get airborne. But I thought it was worth letting you know about the Zoom wheel.
I still think it's a very good Lens, clear and crisp with No filters fitted, it becomes Noisey (grinding) if you go beyound the Go app gauge which I think is down to the zoom wheel touching the gimbal - but still has all the zoom needed within the Go app range.
bye
Dave
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 2018-4-11 08:25
Hi Mindy,
I got the new lens (Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ) and set it up as per the manual.
Everything seems to work perfectly, but the Zoom wheel on the Lens touches the Gimbal.

Hi Dave, thank you so much for sharing your experience with the new lens, for the Zoom Wheel touches the gimbal, could you please provide me a picture or short video so that I can verify with our engineers? Hope the weather will become better so that you could have a chance to test the performance.
2018-4-12
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-12 00:34
Hi Dave, thank you so much for sharing your experience with the new lens, for the Zoom Wheel touches the gimbal, could you please provide me a picture or short video so that I can verify with our engineers? Hope the weather will become better so that you could have a chance to test the performance.

Hi Mindy,
Here are the Two Lenses  New (EZ) Lens  Then (STD) X5

(Std) X5 Lens

(Std) X5 Lens

(EZ) Lens

(EZ) Lens
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules