DJI Goggles RE cant get the SD to record video?
4360 13 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Went for a nice coastal fly, got some good video on the MPP sd card but when I looked at my RE Goggs SD Card the Folders were there but no video files in them except a couple of still images I snapped inside the house a week before during setup.

I have bad eyes and cant read the Goggles OSD text very well, is there some Setting I have to turn on to make the Goggles SD Card Record?
The print in the Goggles manual is too tiny for me to read.

(Why am I flying Goggles with bad eyes I hear you wondering? Well I am not able to use my goggles because I am halfway through having both eye lenses replaced by surgery and I have One 4K eye and One 320 eye until I get the next one upgraded. So my buddy is wearing the goggles while I can still use a large iThing with Specs.)
2018-3-15
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.3

Philippines

How do you record your videos though? Since you mentioned you are using the sd card on the googles. Do you mean you want to see video files and download them? Can you check this video and see if it resolves your issue

2018-3-15
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-15 12:32
You have to use the menu in the goggles & select record.  They don't record automatically you must select the record function each time you wish to record.

Ah, I thought so, my vision is so compromised ATM I cant even read the text under the large Circle Icons so looks like I will have to get my fly-mate to set it or wait until I get my next Cyber Eye.

It is only a "Crash Backup" DVR as far as I am concerned in case of a no-return and wrong map info for last position.
Which can happen, I read about it here.
TY.
2018-3-15
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Mr. Information Posted at 2018-3-15 12:20
How do you record your videos though? Since you mentioned you are using the sd card on the googles. Do you mean you want to see video files and download them? Can you check this video and see if it resolves your issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQskEJw9BKM

Thanks, I didn't find this before.
2018-3-15
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Here you can get more information to fixed your Vision correction.
I am over 40yrs and i purchased this clip-on my DJI Goggles and now my vision are perfect clear.
https://www.focus-fixers.com/
2018-3-15
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-15 17:23
You should get yourself the DJI Goggle Corrective Lenses or a set of Focus-Fixers so you can see clearly while viewing the goggles.  Very handy accessory.

Yes unfortuneatly corrective lenses will not fix eyes that are half-blind from cataracts in the Lenses. that's why you have to have the foggy lens removed and a new plastic one inserted surgically.
In another month I will have the second eye operation done and a few days after that everything will be clear and in focus from a Metre to infinity like my "Fixed" eye is now.
No more wearing glasses for driving, TV, PC etc. usually you need reading glasses for books held close with tiny print but after being half blind that is nothing.
I asked Focus-fixers how to determine which lanses I will need after my eyes are fixed but since they didn't bother to Reply it looks like I will have my Optometrist make me special close-specs for the Goggles.
2018-3-15
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-3-15 17:31
Here you can get more information to fixed your Vision correction.
I am over 40yrs and i purchased this clip-on my DJI Goggles and now my vision are perfect clear.
https://www.focus-fixers.com/

That would be nice if FF would Reply to my enquiry but they have not.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, you need to click and start recording to have the video saved on the SD card on your DJI Goggles RE, it will not cache automatically.
2018-3-15
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-15 19:10
Whatever your normal reader prescription is add +1.00 diopter for goggle use.   That applies to Focus-Fixers, the DJI Goggle Corrective Lenses,  or readers to where under the goggle hood.

Thank You.
That is the first hard information on the subject I have received from anyone and I will not forget it.
The Positive side of this whole eye-lens-replacement thing is that both my eyes will have identical focal length fixed lenses, whereas before, One eye was much weaker than the other which may have required more testing to find the right combo.
You're info gives me more choices and it seems the right corrective Goggle-lenses is the best choice.
If you're first pair of goggle lenses is not quite right can you exchange them for better ones?
2018-3-15
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-15 21:18
Yes, you need to click and start recording to have the video saved on the SD card on your DJI Goggles RE, it will not cache automatically.

Ummmmmmmm, sorry 12 years of Chemotherapy have destroyed many brain cells so I am not quite understanding that but don't bother I will figure it out when I can read again.
I'm pretty sure when you say "Restore" you may mean "Record" in which case I get it.
The Goggle-card recording switchable from the Controller I did not know and that is a great feature, thanks.
I did notice that when we were flying in the same drone my mate accidentally touched the touchpad and it switched Record OFF from the Goggles while I was recording with the MPP Card. I should have locked the touchpad.
Much to learn, I will get there when I can see again.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Skymax. Posted at 2018-3-15 22:19
Ummmmmmmm, sorry 12 years of Chemotherapy have destroyed many brain cells so I am not quite understanding that but don't bother I will figure it out when I can read again.
I'm pretty sure when you say "Restore" you may mean "Record" in which case I get it.
The Goggle-card recording switchable from the Controller I did not know and that is a great feature, thanks.

Sorry, I need to correct. If you are not using the digital transmission, the video will not be saved on the SD card on the Goggles.
Which means, on the regular main screen, the recording will be saved on the drone's SD card if you hit the recording button, no cache video on the Goggles' SD card.
If you are using a PC, you can try to click the manual and adjust the front-size so it could be easy to read.
2018-3-15
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-15 22:41
Sorry, I need to correct. If you are not using the digital transmission, the video will not be saved on the SD card on the Goggles.
Which means, on the regular main screen, the recording will be saved on the drone's SD card if you hit the recording button, no cache video on the Goggles' SD card.
If you are using a PC, you can try to click the manual and adjust the front-size so it could be easy to read.

I appreciate you're attempts to help me but I don't understand that at all.

Firstly I do not know what, "If you are not using the digital transmission", means?

Secondly, are you saying that if you are using the Goggles and a Tablet at the same time/same drone it is not possible to Record on the MPP sd card and the goggles SD Card simultaneously?

2018-3-16
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

I want to make it clear to everyone, as I did in my first Post,  that I am talking about the NEW RE Goggles so please don't send me links  and info for the old White Goggles it just causes more confusion.
2018-3-16
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Ok I'm visually worn out to use the PC I have to shut one eye and hold my face close to the zoomed text to see it and this gives me a headache after about 15 mins, that's why I cant simply read the manual and figure it for myself.
The info here on SD is too conflicted and confusing but I did get good hard data from dirty bird I thank you.
I will not be responding to any more posts as it is just to difficult and painful until I get my second eye operation.
Thank you all see you when I can.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules